What do you want to vent about today?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Re: What do you want to vent about today?

Post by Blade »

I've known for female colleagues to be called sugar tits, to get there attention and they were a senior mamager visiting our place (blush)

Like I say it's harsh :?
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

The first law firm I worked at was called Wragge & Co

Everyone knew it as Shagge & Co

Over 600 people worked there. The parties were like the last days of Rome. The offices were open 24 hours a day, which was bad news as the meeting rooms had booze in them. Friday night drinks were like wife swap parties - it wasn't difficult to go home with someone different every week if you wanted to.

I have to be very very careful which stories I can tell about my time there, as I started seeing my now wife while I was working at Wragges and I need to be sure I've got the timelines right :D
Blade

Post by Blade »

I realise your the lawyer not me, but doesn't the above incriminate you (giggle)
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

It's merely internet bravado sir, nothing more than words on a screen designed to entertain.

All other issues are addressed in my carefully prepared statement. Copies will be made available on request.

I have nothing further to say on the subject.

Thank you all for your time.

Good day sir.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Then be careful about those stories you tell.

But do tell them...../
Blade

Post by Blade »

Kwacky wrote:It's merely internet bravado sir, nothing more than words on a screen designed to entertain.

All other issues are addressed in my carefully prepared statement. Copies will be made available on request.

I have nothing further to say on the subject.

Thank you all for your time.

Good day sir.
Now that's good (y) I like that (giggle)
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

I've just had a quick scan through the people that work there.. there appears to be a director in her late 20s or very early 30s. She must be incredibly talented. Next youngest looks in their 40s. And they also employ a 12 year old boy.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

I thought you were already in your teens??
Cav

Post by Cav »

I don't work there... I'm confused.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Fecking insurance companies, what a rip off.

So, I've currently got the KTM on a policy that runs out in April and I'm now looking to insure the vfr.

First thought, it's an older bike that's not worth a lot so just do it outright. When I did the initial quote it came out at about £180, not bad I can for with that.

Well, I forgot that included my 8 years NCB which is in use on the ktm policy! Quite why a discount I've gained, not the bike, can't be applied to more than one policy illudes me. Remove the NCB and you get between £500 and £800.

So into the second though, a multi-bike policy. Well it seems you can only get one of those of you have a garage.. I don't.. but the same underwriter would insure both bikes on separate policies at the same address regardless of how they are kept overnight?!

I swear there is a little gremlin somewhere with a magic wheel that decides if you can have an insurance policy and how much it will cost that day...
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Cav

Post by Cav »

Have you tried calling them? I usually get further that way. Look for any insurer that comes under Adrian Flux too as they are usually very good at "custom" policies
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

Cav wrote:Have you tried calling them? I usually get further that way. Look for any insurer that comes under Adrian Flux too as they are usually very good at "custom" policies
Yes mate, most was done over the phone. I started with bikesure as I've insured with them for a good few years in the past and they where very good, just unable to help this time.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Cav

Post by Cav »

Oh okay.. bugger. Could you try one of those 6 wheel policies?
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

Cav wrote:Oh okay.. bugger. Could you try one of those 6 wheel policies?
I'm just going to have to suck it up and desk with it unfortunately. Comes with the high mileage territory. I was planning on selling the BMW this year, so that's just going to happen sooner rather than later, I also won't replace it for a bit.

Cav

Post by Cav »

That's really crap though mate.. I'm surprised they didn't shift on the garage thing. Would they not allow you to use a smaller number of NCB on your 2nd bike seeing as you're already with them?

I'd consider the 6 wheel policy though.. get your car transferred to it - unless you're getting rid of the car anyway
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

Now done quotes on the bike insurer.co.uk, best price £317 for exactly the same details as I have before..... Fecking random number generator!

Cav

Post by Cav »

Take that quote back to your current insurer and see what they do about it.. that's much more like it though
Cav

Post by Cav »

Colleagues who are 'right' and won't listen to an alternative reason.

Name and point - Fatigue failure of case hardened steel and the possibility that the failure started in the brittle area rather than the ductile (because ductile is more resilient than brittle). Their argument is contradictory and while I don't hold all the answers the fact that they aren't 100% sure coupled with a debate should yield good results. But no. They're right. Obviously it's because they have a degree and I don't.

:@
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

Thick fog this morning and the amount of people driving without lights on is astounding, they are something special.

And Cav, you have my sympathy mate, my ex was a university graduate and was never wrong... Knew very little that wasn't related to her degree, but never wrong about anything because she's got a degree. (facepalm)
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Cav, I have multiple cases of people I know of that are guilty of Degree bigotry, however the worst by far was my late Sister in law, she thought everyone was less intelligent than her, was wrong more than right and had all the charm of a swarm of angry hornets.

She wrote a letter to my Brother when they were going through a bad patch explaining that his family didn’t like her because she was too intelligent for us and we felt threatened, truth was we didn’t like her because she was an abrasive know-all of the worst kind. He found it when he was clearing out her personal papers, she’d written it but never posted it.

The sting in the tale was that she’d struggled to get a 2:2 with the OU, but felt the world owed her a living because she was clever, she had never grasped the fact that you work for what you get and success isn’t just qualifications, it’s a combination of drive, charm and ability in no particular order in my personal experience.