What do you want to vent about today?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Re: What do you want to vent about today?

Post by Rossgo »

D41 wrote:Q-tips & hand-cleaner for me...the kind with alcohol in it. Twice a day.
Q tips seem to be a bit of a no go as they say it pushes the wax back in!?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Rossgo wrote:
D41 wrote:Q-tips & hand-cleaner for me...the kind with alcohol in it. Twice a day.

duke63 wrote:
Rossgo wrote:
C00kiemonster wrote: I get a lot of ear wax - more so as ive got older.

I've taken to getting it out myself with a small hair grip (end acts as a scoop but doesnt push it further in) - as long as your careful it's comes out easily. A bit of boiling water on it to clean it first. I dont get on with oil or anything wet in my ears, makes it worse imo. The drier it is the easier it is to scoop out.
I personally couldn't do it!! I hate anything in my ears but a quick syringe in the hands of a professional then I'll allow it lol!!

Some warm medicinal olive oil for a couple of days and then use one of the ear syringe bulbs to wash it out with warm water and the plug will come out.
Have to do it myself a couple of times a year. using ear plugs when riding just acerbates the problem.
Didn't think about buying one myself and doing it like that. Just taken a look at eBay and seems you can pick them up for a few quid. Might be worth it actually

Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

£100 off this model...

https://www.kaercher.com/uk/home-garden ... 71360.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

Caution: may cause mild headaches.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

The State of the nation.

been out on the bike this afternoon and stopped at a local filling station to fuel up.

On the pump were photos of two white people wanted by the police for stealing fuel from that station. Both photos had the car reg clearly visible.

I asked the assistant why the police dont just go round and arrest them? She said she believed the police are no longer available to deal with this crime. they are told to dial 101 and not 999 now when fuel is stolen. I didn't quite understand her answer but either the police cannot be arsed, have insufficient manpower or the plates are false.

Anyway she then proceeded to go on a rant about 'pakis' and saying how she was proud to be racist!!!!

I pointed out to her that both thieves on the photos were white and looked very British. she continued her rant so i left without another word.

I really do despair. how can you be proud to be a racist???????????????
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Rossgo wrote:

Yep. That's the traditional wisdom, but I'm too much of a wuss to use one of those cleaning kits.....I tried one once and the results were nothing ro write home about.
I still have perfect pitch, so I'm guessing my hearing is still fine??
I hope.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Racists seem to be more open these days. It's a worrying trend
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Nintendo... bloody scam artists. All the games I bought since last Christmas for the kids on the switch are now almost useless as Nintendo swapped from a free online service to a paid subscription.

I don’t mind buying a game knowning it needs a subscription but changing the goal posts 6 months after you buy them is a bit on the nose.

But I paid the subscription |( it’s school holidays and it’s been pissing down all week.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Post by Cavetroll87 »

Nursery fees, 2nd rate hike within a year, 3rd in the year and a half he's been going, each time has added about £20 a month, it's not huge but it's adding up :(
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

My turn to rant about politicians.

A small town down the hill from me (Windsor) is very historical. It was the first settlement outside of Sydney harbour area when the coloniels started to settle. There is lots of hidden historical value around the place. Tunnels used in the early times for rum smuggling and hand made brick stormwater drains and barrel drains which has been recorded as the oldest of its type in Australia.

So back story is the bridge in Windsor crossing the river is also historical but very low and narrow. Moderate flooding cuts off the crossing. Locals have petitioned for a bypass and higher crossing for decades. So the government has decided to finally do something. But low and behold, regardless of local consultation and submissions they have ignored it all and have started to demolish the area with all the historical value and plan to rip down the old bridge and replace it. It’s tearing a three lane road/bridge through with no regard to the history. It’s a beautiful little river side town and rather than bypass it for heavy traffic they are just blasting through the middle of it. It made no sense whatsoever to anyone. There has been a protest group stationed at the bridge 24 hrs for the last 2 yrs. all to no avail.

Then it became crystal clear. A development application has gone in for sand mining upstream of the bridge. Something that couldn’t be done with the current bridge. All that history wiped out for the value the government can make on the mining royalities. Unbelievable.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Dealing with a very sore ear as i guess it's full of wax. The other day I rang up hospital and they said they can't help without a referral by my docs. I mentioned how stupid this was and how a 10 min job will now be a month and half and to be fair to them they said that I was wrong. It will be February before I'd be seen! They also mentioned how they weren't even aware of this sitiation until they had it 'lumped on their laps' the fact that docs are no longer allowed to syringe ears!

So i rang up the docs on a break and it took 10 mins to go down 1 place in the queue...I was 7th

Now we have a leak in our ceiling and it's dripping (heavily in my opinion) in the bathroom so waitong for someone to come over and have a look. Floor is soaked, ceiling looks like it's starting to get mouldy and plaster is soft...great!! So glad I rent at the moment and I don't have to deal with that bill! I wont feel quite so happy when I've retired and I can't afford to stop working though...but hoping I'll be long gone before then with my families track record I have 2 outcomes, die at a very old age and die from a broken heart or die young from cancer like the rest of them...I know my luck I'll be living until I'm 107/8 like my G-Gran Lol!

D41

Post by D41 »

"Die from a broken heart"????

You deserve a broken nose just for writing such crap.
I'm about to throw-the-fcuk-up just reading that.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

My paternal nan passed away soon after my grandfather went, even though there was nothing wrong with her apart from being old. She really did miss him. I really do think people can reach an age where you can decide to call it a day.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I asked for my mortgage to go out on the 23rd

it went out today

Fecker put me in the red :@
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

D41 wrote:"Die from a broken heart"????

Long story but G Gran (107/8 yo) buried her daughter before she passed away. My nan used to call everyday morning and night just to have a chat. When my nan passed my G-Gran passed too. So therefore my opinion she died from a broken heart

Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Kwacky wrote:I asked for my mortgage to go out on the 23rd

it went out today

Oh shit.not good mate

D41

Post by D41 »

Yep...I'd go with that. My Dad was 17 when he met my Mam, and they were together for @ 60 years. It'd be ludicrous if a life shared in such a manner didn't have a deep impact upon someone's soul.
Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Post by Cavetroll87 »

Kwacky wrote:I asked for my mortgage to go out on the 23rd

it went out today

Is it Barclays?
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
D41

Post by D41 »

Rossgo wrote:
D41 wrote:"Die from a broken heart"????

Long story but G Gran (107/8 yo) buried her daughter before she passed away. My nan used to call everyday morning and night just to have a chat. When my nan passed my G-Gran passed too. So therefore my opinion she died from a broken heart

Yes. But you're saying YOU will die from a broken heart. Like any lass in her right mind is going to put up with you for that long...?? :D
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Cavetroll87 wrote:
Is it Barclays?
It is. Do they do this a lot?