What do you want to vent about today?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Re: What do you want to vent about today?

Post by Frankie »

That's why I enjoy it when I get up to Suffolk and Norfolk and Cambridgshire for that matter, apart from the big towns and cities the roads are fun, would be awesome on two wheels, scouted out a few, but to far for a days riding really.

But I have to get there first! :(
Monty
Your Bike: 2010 ZX6R

Post by Monty »

Everyone should move to Buxton, biking Nirvana. Foods a bit shit mind
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

I've been feeling like shit all day, everyone in the house is sleeping, no food has been made, I don't want to cook, I don't want to spend £10 to get a takeaway delivered, my car is blocked in, no one is awake to move the car, i'm wearing pyjama bottoms and don't want to get changed and worst of all.. I really want Ben and Jerry's Icecream.

I want to vent about something else now. I sounds like a f*&%ing female !!!!
dogbot
Your Bike:

Post by dogbot »

Rain. Ugh.
Cav

Post by Cav »

CAD model assembly constraining...

It's getting to the point now where most of the constrains I make are wrong but the model is so big it takes numerous minutes to make the constraint, then a further numerous minutes to undo it !!!
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Accounts departments. Why can't they do their job? You need an invoice reversing, then fecking reverse it. You raised the wrong one you fecktards.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

OK venting 2 bloody things today...

First

My boss got in at 0630 and within a space of an hour he had 3 fags and 15 min of being in the office but still leave just before us at 1430. During the week he's bad enough but Friday he just pisses off. Sometimes we've seen his car have his food shop in the back of it. I mean WTF is that all about but he's happy enough to critise everything you do and never say well done or anything

Second

Our cleaner.
We used to have a bloke here for years place was speck and span but he turned out to be a thief. Then we had a woman cleaner who worked so hard and did a smashing job everyone was very happy.

Then we got this girl. Where do I start. She will be on break most the bloody day she will seethe tables in the canteen and they will be dirty...does she do anything?! Today she has been in the office on her phone and reading a book for hours. I've come up on break and where is she now sitting on the window sill chatting. O walk to a table that is dirty and say this is dirty what goes on in here...she still sits there chatting away in polish and She hates talking to us who doesn't speak polish.

Does my nut in this place sometimes, especially when you offload lorries ran around for hours and do all the paperwork every day and can't get away with a minute after your break this goes to my staff as well...if I decided screw it we can take it easy I would get sacked due to not hitting targets
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Rossgo wrote:OK venting 2 bloody things today...

First

My boss got in at 0630 and within a space of an hour he had 3 fags and 15 min of being in the office but still leave just before us at 1430. During the week he's bad enough but Friday he just pisses off. Sometimes we've seen his car have his food shop in the back of it. I mean WTF is that all about but he's happy enough to critise everything you do and never say well done or anything

Second

Our cleaner.
We used to have a bloke here for years place was speck and span but he turned out to be a thief. Then we had a woman cleaner who worked so hard and did a smashing job everyone was very happy.

Then we got this girl. Where do I start. She will be on break most the bloody day she will seethe tables in the canteen and they will be dirty...does she do anything?! Today she has been in the office on her phone and reading a book for hours. I've come up on break and where is she now sitting on the window sill chatting. O walk to a table that is dirty and say this is dirty what goes on in here...she still sits there chatting away in polish and She hates talking to us who doesn't speak polish.

Does my nut in this place sometimes, especially when you offload lorries ran around for hours and do all the paperwork every day and can't get away with a minute after your break this goes to my staff as well...if I decided screw it we can take it easy I would get sacked due to not hitting targets
All of the above hassles are down to poor management, as I'm sure you're only too aware Rossgo.
Poor management results in reduced efficiency, reduced job satisfaction & reduced profitability. Eventually it will undermine even the strongest company.
I don't know how your employer's business structure is organised, but IMHO it is in your interests to see if you can put steps in place to correct this, or you may be looking for a new job yourself before long mate. The fact that it will be through no fault of your own will do little to soften that blow.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Too many managers can't manage people. They avoid tackling issues such as the ones Rossgo has flagged up. I've seen it far too frequently.
Monty
Your Bike: 2010 ZX6R

Post by Monty »

It's a UK cultural thing, we take people who are really good at their job and make them managers. So now they're not doing the job they were good at and they're given little or no management training.

Most other countries train people to be managers
Monty™© MCMLXXII
dogbot
Your Bike:

Post by dogbot »

Kwacky wrote:Too many managers can't manage people. They avoid tackling issues such as the ones Rossgo has flagged up. I've seen it far too frequently.
Same here. As Monty says, the number of people I've encountered who have been "promoted out of the way" over the years and end up at the top with no idea how do to DO anything is shocking.

It's not a task I envy, honestly, but that's not an excuse to be rubbish at it.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

dogbot wrote:
Kwacky wrote:Too many managers can't manage people. They avoid tackling issues such as the ones Rossgo has flagged up. I've seen it far too frequently.
Same here. As Monty says, the number of people I've encountered who have been "promoted out of the way" over the years and end up at the top with no idea how do to DO anything is shocking.

It's not a task I envy, honestly, but that's not an excuse to be rubbish at it.
It's generally the "Peter Principle".: In which the selection of a candidate for a position is based on the candidate's performance in their current role, rather than on abilities relevant to the intended role. Thus, employees only stop being promoted once they can no longer perform effectively, and "managers rise to the level of their incompetence."

As Monty pointed out, we still seem to suffer from it here in the UK to a greater extent than many other parts of the developed world.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

To be honest yes it's all too true this is the sort of thing that happens little to no training and people who ate good at their jobs go up etc. This guy has his favorites I'm bot one of them because I fight back and don't just bend over and take his crap! No matter what people say I just can't say yes sir no sir if I have a valid answer to something. Never have done that and won't start because of a stress lazy git. The guy gets so stressed out because he does so little in the morning that when he gets to the afternoon he starts to feel then pressure of work and takes it out on 'usually' me. Plus the guy thinks all the good things is down to him he praises himself not the guys who do the jobs.

Had an argument with him today. We weren't hitting targets today...has been a crap day but he repeated himself 3 times about this fact. The last one was in front of my staff belittling me and I had enough. So quick to belittle and knock but when we do a good job don't here anything. But the next shift (all of his own home natives) he absolutely loves and they do the same as what we do.

The company I work for have got into a habit of pushing out British workers. I know people hate hearing that but if you know how many British workers have been paid off because they have been replaced with polish workers or been pressured and pressured over the littlest of things that the person just gives up and gets a new job. My last supervisor had this as well. Even the Lithuanian's have been forced out and these two nations hate each other!! Over in our department we have had 3 employees who have had interviews over the phone while in Poland and have got a job in our department inc the cleaner.

As for looking for a new job I have been for a while but don't hear back or don't get short listed and I can't do what a few people have done and just walked out 1 because of bills and 2 because the company will love that because they owe is nothing!!

Regardless of what people 'think' over this matter I can only say what I see, hear and feel and this may not sound very nice to others but it's part of how this country is going and if it carries on then good luck to the children of these times!
Cav

Post by Cav »

I hate hanging the washing up with my girlfriend.. we have different ways of doing things, I hate doing it anyway and I don't care if I can do it better - if it's done it's done. The clothes will dry !!

She keeps going on then when I tell her I get the picture I'm the bad guy. F*ck sake !!!
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Cav wrote:I hate hanging the washing up with my girlfriend.. we have different ways of doing things, I hate doing it anyway and I don't care if I can do it better - if it's done it's done. The clothes will dry !!

She keeps going on then when I tell her I get the picture I'm the bad guy. F*ck sake !!!
My wife is the same, however if you keep doing it the 'wrong' way then she will give up and always do it. This is how it now is in the cookie household ;)
Cav

Post by Cav »

Bloody frustrating in the interim but sounds like I should hold out! haha
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

People who use their windscreen washers when you are behind them, they have all the time in the world, but leave it until you are behind them before they use them. Not so bad if the fluid went onto the screen, it misses that and covers me instead!!! Arghh... so angry I could crush a grape. ;)
TonyB
Your Bike: Tiger 800XC, Honda CB500

Post by TonyB »

A chavette on a battered old scooter today with a motocross lid (unfastened) and a tracksuit on that revealed more flesh than is actually on an average sized woman, wobbling along the road having a chat on her mobile with it on loud speaker. Never a careless driver when you need one.....
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Footpaths being used to park the car.

FOOT path. What part of that do so many **** not understand?
DaytonAndy
Your Bike: Daytona 675R

Post by DaytonAndy »

duke63 wrote:Footpaths being used to park the car.

FOOT path. What part of that do so many **** not understand?
That's one of my favourites too. I like to bend their wing mirrors back with my elbows as I walk past if they've blocked the whole path.