What do you want to vent about today?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Re: What do you want to vent about today?

Post by Perkles »

Frankie wrote:
Perkles wrote:
Frankie wrote:I went for a walk along the river yesterday at stupid oclock..... I wanted to get out for a sunrise.... (missed it lol) anyway on my walk i noticed alot of litter, beer cans, vandalism on trees and benches along the route.
Very very sad! all the benches along the route have plaques on them remembering people who have passed away.... bloody low life scum :(
I am am seeing more and more fly tipping when out cycling its disgusting
I have been seeing alot more of this prior to the lock down as well, i tend to head out cross country to get to various motorway networks (Well I used to lol) and would see all this crap dumped overnight, mainly blocking farmers gate to their fields !! Seriously i really dont get peoples thought process, they really dont give one shit about anyone else apart from themselves and making money!!
An old friend works for trading standards and a large part of her job was putting hidden cameras in known fly tipping locations and taking offenders to court. She said an alarming amount of pensioners were the most prevalent for fly tipping which really surprised me |(
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Perkles wrote:...... She said an alarming amount of pensioners were the most prevalent for fly tipping which really surprised me |(
Many years ago I worked with a very world-weary & cynical character, who often availed me of little gems of info' that had hitherto failed to register.
One (that I can actually remember him saying to me, as I write this) was.:
",,remember that old saying? -the good die young..... & use it to be aware that nice little old ladies are a fallacy,,"

I would argue that I have met some very pleasant elderly people, nonetheless his advice has allowed me to see past the frail veneer, to the "scumbag who just got old" a great many times since.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

You cant trust old people.... :D
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

StMarks wrote:
Perkles wrote:...... She said an alarming amount of pensioners were the most prevalent for fly tipping which really surprised me |(
Many years ago I worked with a very world-weary & cynical character, who often availed me of little gems of info' that had hitherto failed to register.
One (that I can actually remember him saying to me, as I write this) was.:
",,remember that old saying? -the good die young..... & use it to be aware that nice little old ladies are a fallacy,,"

I have noticed alot of people get cynical and grumpy as they grow old (devil)
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

Tesco queue. I need to sort out a returns problem from yesterday. The queue is twice as long as their marked up and segregated area. Yesterday it took people 2 hours to get in and today its going to take more like 3.

I walked up, saw the queue, and walked back to the car
Blade

Post by Blade »

It may go down later today Cav. Probably people doing last minute shopping for VE celebrations or decided on a barbecue at the last minute.

Tbh I joined a que at sainsburys that was a good 200 maybe 300 metre long the other day which snaked round the whole carpark. I joined it and was in the store about 10 minutes later which I was pleasantly surprised about.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Two weeks ago I took a significant pay cut, today I got an email to say redundancies are starting (swear)
Cav

Post by Cav »

Bollocks. My fingers are crossed for you mate.. Any speculation on whether you think you'll be safe or not?
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Sorry to hear that, Blade. Very tough times indeed.

Not sure my business will survive enough to provide me with enough income. Only time will tell.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Challenging times for us all. Sorry to hear your buisness is impacted Duke. Fingers crossed we are all ok .
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Let's hope your jobs are safe.

Tough times ahead for everyone I think.
Blade

Post by Blade »

I fear they won't be for many unless the economy starts up again, which hopefully it is / will and done so safely so the R number doesn't increase and all employees are safe. Very strange and challenge times ahead balancing peoples needs for health and employment / household income.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

The "new normal" they've been talking about for months has indeed become a reality. The restrictions etc. are going to be relaxed/lifted sooner rather than later now...but we're not going back to the way things were for the foreseeable future.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Blade wrote:Two weeks ago I took a significant pay cut, today I got an email to say redundancies are starting (swear)
Crap news mate, fingers crossed for you
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

The impression I get from the government is that the long play is to blame the public. The advice so far has been woolly at best. It's clearly caused confusion and allowed people to interpret the rules as they see fit. That's been demonstrated by the gradual rise in traffic as people decide to relax the meaning of "essential travel". For instance DIY stores have reported high levels of sales.

This week will be the tipping point. Furloughed workers will now see this as an extended paid holiday. Places likes beaches, lakes, woods etc will become really busy as everyone gets in their cars to take the dog for a walk or go for a picnic at a beauty spot. They've been told they can go out, they've not to go to work, so why not? Expect the next few days to look like an extended bank holiday.

We'll get a peak in new cases. Then the line will be "we can't control this" which the public will go with. Bingo! Herd immunity. Corona virus 19 is something else we all have to live with. Tough shit if you get it. The government tried their best but you know, these things happen.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Blade wrote:Two weeks ago I took a significant pay cut, today I got an email to say redundancies are starting (swear)
;(
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Well cycling was fun....until the cars and vans returned. :(
Cav

Post by Cav »

And the driving standard has dropped further.

I was behind someone this morning who I'm pretty sure was not licensed to drive and they didn't know which pedal was which. You'd see them go really slow, then accelerate at the point I would be lifting for a corner, then they panic brake twice, then a third squeeze of the brake, before rolling through it and maybe they would accelerate 5 seconds after being on the dead straight bit of road afterward. Doing between 35 and 45 in a national.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

It's almost back to a normal day here on the roads today.

There are some prize pricks about in hot hatches who now think speed limits and lane discipline are no longer relevant.

I'm glad I'm not working tomorrow..

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Blade

Post by Blade »

Pretty much back to normal here. Roads are busy and queues for shops are massive. Nipping out for bread and milk is a 2 hour job these days.