What do you want to vent about today?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Re: What do you want to vent about today?

Post by D41 »

I can sympathize because it's one thing to fix your own mistakes - I get that, and we're all guilty of it from time to time.
But when you're fixing someone else's mistakes you have to figure out what they did wrong first, fix it, and then it's on you if something else goes wrong. You're taking responsibility for someone else's fcuk-up.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Blade and Deegee, I get the same and to be honest I am my own worst enemy in this case. I do like helping out, and fixing something someone else thinks is beyond fixing, gives me a great feeling of satisfaction. But I sometime regret taking on so much or being taken advantage of.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Totally agree Kiwi and normally like you I enjoy and offer to help, but for the last 2 year's the volume of fixing / resolving stuff has been relentless and tbh, I've just had enough. I long for a routine life where I can sleep without solving a problem in my mind at 2am or trying to squeeze jobs in to my limited time off or give up my family and hobby time so I can fix something I didn't break and have no idea how to fix till I teach myself how to.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

I'm up early because my dog sh@ in the living room. Then jumped on me and into our bed. I woke up when she was getting herself snuggled up inside our bed with sh!t everywhere as it got on her paws. Cleaned everything up and had to change the bedding. FFS that was over an hour ago and its past 3AM now and I can't sleep. This is not the norm btw! She's usually very good through the night. I was not happy though

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
D41

Post by D41 »

(rolf) (rolf) (rolf) (rolf)
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Rossgo wrote:I'm up early because my dog sh@ in the living room. Then jumped on me and into our bed. I woke up when she was getting herself snuggled up inside our bed with sh!t everywhere as it got on her paws. Cleaned everything up and had to change the bedding. FFS that was over an hour ago and its past 3AM now and I can't sleep. This is not the norm btw! She's usually very good through the night. I was not happy though

If it makes you feel better Rossgo I read a story a while ago about a robot vacuum cleaner that encountered a wet dog poo and dutifully spread it far and wide through the house, destroying the expensive vac as well in the end.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

kiwikrasher wrote:
Rossgo wrote:I'm up early because my dog sh@ in the living room. Then jumped on me and into our bed. I woke up when she was getting herself snuggled up inside our bed with sh!t everywhere as it got on her paws. Cleaned everything up and had to change the bedding. FFS that was over an hour ago and its past 3AM now and I can't sleep. This is not the norm btw! She's usually very good through the night. I was not happy though

If it makes you feel better Rossgo I read a story a while ago about a robot vacuum cleaner that encountered a wet dog poo and dutifully spread it far and wide through the house, destroying the expensive vac as well in the end.
I would be so angry at that. Image i am still angry at my dog tjis morning. She's had no fuss at all from me yet!

D41

Post by D41 »

:D For what it's worth, I think your dog is great.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

You aren't alone Rossgo.. my little tiny puppy produced this log pile at some point in the night!!
20190430_103238.jpg
D41

Post by D41 »

:D Oh...for fcuking crying out loud!!
Is it absolutely necessary to photograph EVERY. SINGLE. THING. these days??
For the love of God, what's wrong with you??
Cav

Post by Cav »

Pictures paint a thousand words..

Or in Rossgo's case, a dog paints a thousand sh!ts (lol)
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

The complete incompetence of the NHS at times.

MiL's treatment started yesterday and it involves 7 consecutive days of injections.

Yesterday they said she needed some more blood. But they cannot book her in to the local hospital for at least 10 days so the wife will have to take her to New Cross on Saturday which is the first available time, despite us being told last week it can be done locally at any time.

Today i have taken her for her second injection. They have got her all settled in the chair ..only to find no one had thought to ensure the drug was delivered from New Cross today. So its still ten miles away. And they now have to pay a taxi to get it delivered.

**** abounds unfortunately.

I wonder what they will screw up tomorrow?
Cav

Post by Cav »

That's frustrating but at least they aren't telling her "you'll have to miss today's injection"...
duke63

Post by duke63 »

All sorted now. I refused to allow her to come out as i suspect if she had they would have done it last thing today.

The excuse was that she had it done at 3pm yesterday and they assumed it was the same today but they made the appointments.No one else.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

And whilst we are on a rant, when did indicators become an optional extra on a car or van?????????????????
Cav

Post by Cav »

I was having this discussion yesterday.. it seems that no one has them fitted these days. Maybe we need to double check they're still and MOT requirement.

What's more frustrating is when they flash the indicator for half a flash after they've completed the turn !!
Blade

Post by Blade »

duke63 wrote:And whilst we are on a rant, when did indicators become an optional extra on a car or van?????????????????
People don't both to use them, but also people fail to see them when you do use them ironically.

I m always having tw@ts pull out on me on a round about when Im taking the 3rd exit and I always have my indicators on.

Some middle aged bint nearly took me out today. The fact I stayed on was a combination of reactions and luck. She didn't stop at the give way, just pulled straight out and then across my path to get to the inside lane. She missed wiping my front end by inches (swear) (swear) (swear) (swear)

I was going to pull her over not to bollock her, which she actually deserved, but to explain calmly that she nearly killed me by her stupidity, ignorance and day dreaming. I didnt in the end as I didn't get chance to pull along side safely before we went separate ways but for luck of god I'm alive tonight, and Im not exaggerating. She missed swiping my front end by inches (swear)

People don't realise a 1.5 ton car is a weapon and will kill people of you drice recklessly or with un due care and attention.
Last edited by Blade on 30 Apr 2019, 16:57, edited 1 time in total.
Cav

Post by Cav »

Car Insurance.

Had a renewal quote of £650 - too much.

Shopped around and found a quote £200+ cheaper WITH THE SAME INSURER.

Purchased that policy (bear in mind it's the same car, same driver, same additional drivers) the only changes are time driving and NCD and then I get a message from my credit card company saying I'm close to my limit. I check my statement and they've taken the renewal out for my old policy.

How can they not recognise that I would be committing fraud by using my NCD twice and taking two policies out on the same car?!

Anyway, Live Chat through their website sorted it with a £650 refund.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

Its been a shit day...so i took the bike out and caned it. :)
Blade

Post by Blade »

You can't beat 2 wheels for stress relieve and clearing the mind.

Hope your MiL and you and the missus are ok Duke. Open a bottle of the good stuff and chill tonight pal.