What do you want to vent about today?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Re: What do you want to vent about today?

Post by Perkles »

dont feel guilty unfortunately for all of us normal life has to plod on,just be there for him as much as you can and maybe call him when your at home
best wishes
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

I found it good to post when my in laws were poorly. I didn't care if anyone read it or not, I had posted it and it's the process of putting thoughts into written word which helps you emotionally.

Sometimes there isn't much you can do. I found more often than not it's the small things that really count.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Keep optimistic Itchy.. You don't know what it is yet, so I hope it works out for him and it's just a blip. (y)
Monty
Your Bike: 2010 ZX6R

Post by Monty »

Mate my advice would be use what ever perks the RAF will give you and just spend some time with him.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

I agree with Monty and everyone else. Do what you can and be with him whenever possible but don't beat yourself up for not being able to be with him all the time. You have other family that need you around too.

And do talk to him as much as possible, i had some good chats with my dad in his last years and will remember those for as long as i live.
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

Thanks all, much appreciated.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

So sorry to hear this Itchy. Don't quite know what to say here but I think everyone else has said it perfectly. Spend as much time as possible but don't dwell on not being able to see him all the time. I'm sure he understands perfectly. Thoughts out to you Itchy
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Fully appreciate what it feels like to be not close with your dad ill. It really wore me down when dad got cancer and had further complications over the last couple of years, with me living in a different country. He luckily has pulled through and is in remission and bowels working fully again.

Thoughts are with you Itchy and don't give up hope, and try to encourage him to do the same.

And no one here is going to give you grief for venting mate, it's the very reason I started this thread!
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

It really pisses me off when I'm overtaking someone on the motorway at a reasonable overtaking speed (in the middle lane) then someone comes flying up behind you and flashes you repeatedly even though the outside lane is empty!!! They won't overtake you until you pull back into the first lane then give hand gestures which are usually met with me clapping them to give them praise for A* driving.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU COMPLETE DUMBASS D!CK IN A COMPANY CAR?!?!?!

Just use your indicator, change lane and continue at the speed you were originally doing!!!! 100% Pr!ck move to do that.
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Two men I met yesterday get an entire weeks worth of my ire, two of the biggest bluffers and bullsh*tt*rs I have ever met - and I've met a few in my industry, they work for a multinational petrochemical as consultants and have invented so many ridiculous rules and practices within their remit as to make a two man 5hr job last 19hrs with 5 men in attendance. The worst of it is I know one of them from years back as someone in charge of ordering oils and consumables - a non skilled job, he's now on a six figure income still with no qualifications.

I'm all for going after the money, but to dream up all that nonsense purely to justify their existence is beyond my patience. Grrr!!
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Finding out through my kids the ex is seeing some one (which doesn't bother me) and that they have already met him and they have all arranged to go out on a family date. It was a 'secret', but my son is crap at secrets.

Shes been seeing him since Christmas apparently. I'm pissed that she's introduced him to the kids so quickly. I'm pissed she is getting the kids to keep secrets from me. I'm pissed there is another bloke in my kids life and this is how I hear about it.

All the rush and hassling about finalising the financial settlement makes sense now.
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

It sucks mate - sorry to read this ^ Silly move on her part, you just keep your powder dry, do what's best for your kids from your perspective, don't let her actions mess with your head, what is done is done, keeping moving forward and be positive (as much as you can)

As for my moan, being woken up up 4 am by some twat banging really loudly, I can only describe it as the constant bang you hear wen they pile drive those big steels into the ground..... Unreal it's being going on for hours now. Had my earbuds in listening to some chilled music, just taken them out and it's still going :( some people have not fecking respect! It's been a long week and I really needed a lie in.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

@kiwikrasher

I am so sorry to hear this mate. You really don't deserve that. I really don't get some people. How disrespectful is that youre certainly doing the right thing. Hope it all gets finalised soon and you can move on with your life. I'm shocked that your kids are having to kept secrets from you. I am going to say you clearly have a good kid him letting you know he loves you I don't think it's about him not being able to keep secrets I think he knows deep down he had to let you know regardless of age I think kids are more intelligent than adults sometimes because they don't want to hurt anyone.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Thanks Frankie and Rossgo

Yep keeping my cool is my biggest priority at the moment. Not doing too bad so far. I guess just doing a full week of Emergency Team Lead training and having to keep level under stress has helped me in this regard.. Well that and the last 3 years of seeing the shrink (lol). Until the last few years anger management wasn't my strong suit.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

The dickheads who like to drive to near where I live to enjoy the scenery and the quiet so they can eat their shitty food and dump the rubbish. Twats.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Well, you have the moral high ground in discussions now KK. As long as you can continue to keep your cool, I should expect you may be able to use it to your advantage.?
Frankie wrote:.... for my moan, being woken up up 4 am by some twat banging really loudly, I can only describe it as the constant bang you hear wen they pile drive those big steels into the ground..... Unreal it's being going on for hours now. .......
:? Do you happen to live near any Banks with Safe Deposit Boxes Fkkr1s.?
DaytonAndy
Your Bike: Daytona 675R

Post by DaytonAndy »

Chin up Kiwi. It sounds very similar to a situation one of my mates has host been through. His Mrs was always a nightmare and we all pitied him a bit. She binned him off and got with someone else suspiciosly quickly and moved straight in with him with my mates kids. It ruined my mate for a while but he's now happier than he's ever been now he's out of that toxic relationship. He sees his kids regularly and is now dating a much younger and hotter Lithuanian girl. We don't pity him any more!
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Kiwi, I've been exactly where you are now buddy, my ex and I parted on dodgy grounds and within a few weeks there was a different car parked at my house (I was still paying the mortgage and bills on), my lad told me all about him, and tbh I was both destroyed and seething she could do that to my lad, however I kept my cool - not sure how, but I had a good best mate that helped no end.
Things improved, I got into a new hobby and a new job and my life changed for the better. About 18 months later he dumped her and took half the house, he disappeared off to Oz and she's not seen him since, my lad was mortified when this asshat told him it was all his fault - it wasn't of course it was nothing do with it, my ex and he had been having awful rows for months about money, but he was a first class arse all the same.

Move on a couple of years and I was settled with the now Mrs Gee, my lad took to her slowly as you can imagine, but now 20yrs on he's made a carbon copy of my Mrs Gee to be his life partner and is now a Dad himself.

It will turn out ok, your kids will continue to love you, and your ex may or may not find another partner, it's a sure thing you will and fingers crossed your future life turns out as you want it to. Cheers, DG
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Traffic jams for no reason.

Several times on the M6 today the traffic came to a standstill and there was no obvious cause. I suspect it's domino effect braking.
dogbot
Your Bike:

Post by dogbot »

Site: Help, help, your server is using an IP address which is right in the middle of our DHCP range and is causing problems with conflicts and DHCP leases! Please put it on a static IP outside our DNS range.

Me: Righto. Our server has two static IPs set, both of which were provided to us by your IT and have been there since the 16th of August 2011. Have you changed your DHCP range recently?

Site: Yes

Me: Did you happen to exclude any static IPs which may currently be in use from your DHCP range when you set it up?

Site: No

Me: Well, either you can exclude those IPs from your DHCP range, which will be by far the easiest option, or you can assign us two new IP addresses which are outside your DHCP range and we will change those over.

Site: Please change the IPs, I will get you new ones.

Me: Ok, this will cause a loss of connectivity as networking is restarted, so will either need to be done out of hours or you will need to sign out everybody using the server.

Site: What? We can't do that!

Me: Out of hours, then.

Site: No, it must be now!

Me: Then the obvious answer is a DHCP exclusion.

Site: We do not know how to do this.

Me: :@

Aaaargh. Standard. I might just go back to looking at girls on the dating sites. :D