What do you want to vent about today?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Re: What do you want to vent about today?

Post by Blade »

NHS.

My son had a very bad tackle at football weeks ago. He has limped ever since and his knee is still swollen.

It took me a week too get a doctors appointment, a week to get a letter for referral to a Physio and now 7 weeks till he can see a Physio.

What's the point. Nine weeks post injury before you see a physio. If we wait 9 weeks he will either be A, cured for weeks and not even need a physio anymore ( wasting everyone's time and resources) or B, have a much worse injury as he has received zero treatment for 9 weeks.

I was told I could go private if I want to shorten the waiting time, which tbh I'm prepared to do if you give me back my NHS contribution but I'm not paying twice.

All I can see is I pay a sh1t load of tax and NI and get zero back for it as I can afford to pay twice (swear)

I live on a private road that I have to maintain at my own cost and pay for the street lighting myself despite paying £3000 council tax.

And because I work hard and value a pension I bet I'm means tested in the future and wont get a state pension in 20 years time when I'm 67 as I'm classed as a wealthy (very relative) pensioner.
Last edited by Blade on 05 Jul 2019, 14:49, edited 2 times in total.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

The NHS told me to wait 13 weeks with a broken arm before they would look at what to do. I went private and had an operation a few days later.

I've got medical cover for the kids just in case. The NHS is a lottery.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Kwacky wrote:The NHS told me to wait 13 weeks with a broken arm before they would look at what to do. I went private and had an operation a few days later.

I've got medical cover for the kids just in case. The NHS is a broken, and not fit for purpose
I've corrected the statement kwacky and 13 weeks for a broken arm on an otherwise healthy working, contributing tax payer is ridiculous.

They need to stop the waste, improve the efficiency and properly fund the NHS or give people the option to opt out. Why should we be forced to pay handsomely for something we cannot use.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I reckon you could go into an emergency waiting room and tell two thirds of them to go to a chemist or call the NHS help line
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

Sarah was discharged last week, and now back with the community mental health team. While she was in the hospital she had access to both Psychiatrist and a Psychologist. Now she's on a 6 month **** waiting list to see a Psychologist! 6 **** months!
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

Fwiw my recent experience has been nothing but positive , there was a team ready and waiting upon my arrival at the hospital and within 20 minutes there were 2 stents in place in the arteries of my heart . The aftercare has also been excellent so far .
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

My experience with the NHS for my knee has been VERY good - until it got to Physio. I got injured 2nd week of April, I got my letter from Physio 5 weeks later and I have been calling most days since then but have not gotten through to a single person to arrange an appointment.

After 4 weeks they assume you don't want the Physio - I EFFING WANT IT BUT YOU WON'T LET ME EFFING HAVE IT !!!!!
Blade

Post by Blade »

Cav wrote:My experience with the NHS for my knee has been VERY good - until it got to Physio. I got injured 2nd week of April, I got my letter from Physio 5 weeks later and I have been calling most days since then but have not gotten through to a single person to arrange an appointment.

After 4 weeks they assume you don't want the Physio - I EFFING WANT IT BUT YOU WON'T LET ME EFFING HAVE IT !!!!!
Cav your clearly confused (wasntme) your a working tax payer, your role is to fund the NHS not use it.

If you work, apparently you can afford private health care, has no one told you this (facepalm)
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

I had this chat with my brother last week. He is currently in charge of the budget for one of the NHS Trusts in the UK.

The biggest cost to the NHS is elderly people and the money spent keeping them alive. I thought it would be cancer care or something similar. But no.

And the lack of efficiency isn't the case either. Its a lot more efficient than it was ten years ago.

The other second biggest issue they have is finding competent and qualified staff to employ. They are massively under-staffed. Brits dont want to work in the NHS anymore.
Cav

Post by Cav »

Well the funding for NHS bursarys for Uni students have disappeared so it's not a surprise there's no new people coming in.

There's a generation gap of 20 years in Engineering and the same can be said for the NHS currently - we are seeing a generation gap occur
duke63

Post by duke63 »

This country has just become a mini USA. Maximum profit, minimum outlay. little investment.

I also asked him about American companies taking on NHS services. Apparently it's already been tried and when they found out what was really expected of them, they packed it in pronto.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Kwacky wrote:I reckon you could go into an emergency waiting room and tell two thirds of them to go to a chemist or call the NHS help line
That's fairly close to the mark....maybe a tad low.
But what's the alternative?? Most people don't go to an ER because they want to, but because they don't have, or see, another option. An ER has to stay open whether it has patients in it or not, so you either provide the service or you don't, but don't meter it.
I honestly don't think a one-third success rate is that bad.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Monty wrote:Sarah was discharged last week, and now back with the community mental health team. While she was in the hospital she had access to both Psychiatrist and a Psychologist. Now she's on a 6 month **** waiting list to see a Psychologist! 6 **** months!
That is completely f**ked up.

The psychiatrist Byron was referred to had a 4 month wait list. Even recent self harm attempts didn’t get him up the list. Took me breaking down on the phone and explaining I was worried my son might not be alive in 4 months with his current mindset for them to find me an appointment with another psychiatrist in the same practice in 4 weeks.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Blade

Post by Blade »

That's not good Kiwi and you shouldn't have to do that to get your son the treatment he needs and deserves.

To be fair to our doctors we rang them back and said we were not happy with a 7 week wait so they did genuinely try to find somewhere with a shorter wait but unfortunately they couldn't. The doctor phoned us back last night at 530pm and apologised and said he also wasn't happy but he was doing the best for us he could with the current system. Obviously that didnt fix anything but still very decent of him to phone and apologise.
Cav

Post by Cav »

People. Air con. People.

People - people who have so little going on in their life they make it their sole-mission to inform everyone of how they crashed their car - again.

Air con - it's currently broken in the office by which I mean blows out cold air. PERFECT! It's the first time I've ever been comfortable in my office.

People - a few women who complain about everything have indeed continued this habit only this time they've succeeded in making the company turn the air con off completely meaning it's now about 25 degrees and I'm seriously **** off.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Cav wrote:People. Air con. People.

People - people who have so little going on in their life they make it their sole-mission to inform everyone of how they crashed their car - again.

Air con - it's currently broken in the office by which I mean blows out cold air. PERFECT! It's the first time I've ever been comfortable in my office.

People - a few women who complain about everything have indeed continued this habit only this time they've succeeded in making the company turn the air con off completely meaning it's now about 25 degrees and I'm seriously **** off.

People are a PITA. avoid as much as possible :D
Blade

Post by Blade »

People rushing dangerously.

Drove 3 miles to the swimming baths. In that distance we have seen.

3 red lights jumped, 1 at very high speed, and a road rage attack where a window was put through and people were swarming over a car.

Didnt get any better when we got out of the car. People cant be arsed stopping at the zebra crossing for a man with 2 small children and then some mobility scooters flew round a corner at approx 15mph and made my youngest have to jump out of the way to avoid being hit.

Wtf is wrong with people.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

It just adds to the Govts argument to only allow autonomous vehicles on the road when they are ready.
Blade

Post by Blade »

duke63 wrote:It just adds to the Govts argument to only allow autonomous vehicles on the road when they are ready.
I don't want to own an autonomous vehicle but tbh the more I encounter tw@ts on the road the more I swing to accepting it as the lesser evil (blush)
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Qunts who think it's fine to damage your car and drive off. 3 times now my wife's Mazda has been hit.