What do you want to vent about today?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: What do you want to vent about today?

Post by Kwacky »

My daughter,, who is showering with the bathroom lights on and has got the blow heater on full whack, because it's dark and it's cold.

I'll be taking the fuse out of the heater once she's out of the bathroom.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Showering in the dark is cool......I like to stagger around a bit and pretend I'm in a submarine that's just been torpedoed.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Kwacky wrote:My daughter,, who is showering with the bathroom lights on and has got the blow heater on full whack, because it's dark and it's cold.

I'll be taking the fuse out of the heater once she's out of the bathroom.
You so remind me of myself about 8 years ago :D I took the fuse out the shower when they wouldn't clean their hair out the shower trap too :D
D41

Post by D41 »

What was it in The Young Ones..."Neil....what are you doing in there with the light on?? What are you going to do....photosynthesize??"
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

duke63 wrote:People who moan that its now too hot after spending all winter moaning it was too cold. (sun) (sun) (sun) (sun) (sun) (sun) (sun) (sun) (sun) (sun) (sun) (sun) (sun) (sun) (sun) (sun) (sun) (sun) (sun) (sun) (sun) (sun) (sun) (sun) (sun) (sun) (sun) (sun) (sun) (sun) (sun) (sun) (sun) (sun) (sun)

Just be happy, people.
Don't get me wrong we both love the sun and it would do the country good if we did have better and more consitant temperatures through the spring and summer but in a room where they had lots of people and heating on and equipment it wasn't very nice, went outside for a few hours and it was lush I walked up to town and back again without a problem Image

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Power companies and estimate meter readings.

Don't know how they go about it over yonder but here I get quarterly bills with every second bill being an estimate.

Today's bill seemed high, 5 kW extra usage per day, so I looked into it and took my own readings. They under estimated my solar production export by $100, over estimated my power usage by $120 so $220 out on a $395 bill!!!

Rang the blighters and they are sending the meter reader out again. Hopefully with his glasses this time. This is after they tried to tell me "reading a meter can be tricky, maybe you got it wrong". Really had to bite my tongue on that one, and explained that I have smart meters installed due to the solar and they give a clear digital display not analogue arrows and dials. Then offered to sent the photos of the actual reads and serial numbers of the meters. Then she changed her tune.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Our Manager at work :@ , when I started for this company I did a deal whereby my money stepped up at 6 months, another engineer that started after me also did a deal similar to mine but is a lot younger than me. At 6 months my money didn't change automatically and I had to chase him for it, but eventually he honoured the contract. I found out this week our youngest guy still hasn't got his raise 2 years on and he's ready to leave because of it, tbh he would be a massive loss to the company as there just aren't people of his calibre and age out there.

Why would a Manager sign a contract on behalf of a company and then renege on it? What a Cnut.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Deegee wrote:Our Manager at work :@ , when I started for this company I did a deal whereby my money stepped up at 6 months, another engineer that started after me also did a deal similar to mine but is a lot younger than me. At 6 months my money didn't change automatically and I had to chase him for it, but eventually he honoured the contract. I found out this week our youngest guy still hasn't got his raise 2 years on and he's ready to leave because of it, tbh he would be a massive loss to the company as there just aren't people of his calibre and age out there.

Why would a Manager sign a contract on behalf of a company and then renege on it? What a Cnut.
I'd imagine he would have a legal claim on that one? Sad when people don't do what they agree :(
D41

Post by D41 »

kiwikrasher wrote:Power companies and estimate meter readings.

Don't know how they go about it over yonder but here I get quarterly bills with every second bill being an estimate.

Today's bill seemed high, 5 kW extra usage per day, so I looked into it and took my own readings. They under estimated my solar production export by $100, over estimated my power usage by $120 so $220 out on a $395 bill!!!

Rang the blighters and they are sending the meter reader out again. Hopefully with his glasses this time. This is after they tried to tell me "reading a meter can be tricky, maybe you got it wrong". Really had to bite my tongue on that one, and explained that I have smart meters installed due to the solar and they give a clear digital display not analogue arrows and dials. Then offered to sent the photos of the actual reads and serial numbers of the meters. Then she changed her tune.
Here if they underestimate it, it's their loss - so that NEVER happens. If they overestimate it, they credit your account later....though it may take a while.
They usually let you know why.....dog in the backyard, locked gate, etc.

They've always been very fair, all things considered.
Deegee

Post by Deegee »

C00kiemonster wrote:
Deegee wrote:Our Manager at work :@ , when I started for this company I did a deal whereby my money stepped up at 6 months, another engineer that started after me also did a deal similar to mine but is a lot younger than me. At 6 months my money didn't change automatically and I had to chase him for it, but eventually he honoured the contract. I found out this week our youngest guy still hasn't got his raise 2 years on and he's ready to leave because of it, tbh he would be a massive loss to the company as there just aren't people of his calibre and age out there.

I'd imagine he would have a legal claim on that one? Sad when people don't do what they agree :(
That's the threat I used, he's a lot younger at 25 and not so ready to fight, he'd rather just move on than make a fuss. What a waste of a potentially brilliant tech in a position where it's very hard to get good people.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Deegee wrote:..That's the threat I used, he's a lot younger at 25 and not so ready to fight, he'd rather just move on than make a fuss. What a waste of a potentially brilliant tech in a position where it's very hard to get good people.
What a waste. -Is it not worth you taking your concerns over his head, if his ineptitude is going to impact on the company that employs you.?
Deegee

Post by Deegee »

No, my Line Manager has done all he can, but doesn't have the authority to sort it, if I go over his head it'll destroy a 15yr friendship and I'm not prepared to do that as it would probably make my position untenable. The lad needs to front the MD up and demand the contract is honoured.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Joggers.

Do they care more about their blinking heart rate than their life. Now I'm out on the road more and the weather has been excellent I've had so many of these f&cktards just jog right in front of me from the side of the road looking at their watch instead of me, I've had to do a couple of emergency stops and a few swerves to avoid them - soon they won't be caring about their heart beat because they won't f&*king have one

D41

Post by D41 »

(lol) (lol) (lol)
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

The Eurotunnel.

47 euros online, or 117 if you do what we did and turn up and pay at the check in.

Robbing bastards.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Kwacky wrote:The Eurotunnel.

47 euros online, or 117 if you do what we did and turn up and pay at the check in.

Robbing bastards.
(shocked) I had no idea it cost that much!!!
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Kwacky wrote:The Eurotunnel.

Robbing bastards.
How come you hadn't already brought it then.? :^
Couldn't you just stop outside & use your phone to order it online before driving in.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Obviously we didn't know about the price hike until we arrived at the check in. I couldn't turn around as you're in a small secure area and there was a queue of traffic behind me. No where to go but forward.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

A t&*t M3 car driver from yesterday

We was in the fast lane and everyone was doing a slower speed than normal fast lane speed with a queue of traffic behind the slow driver so I went into the middle lane

M3 driver came past me slamming on his breaks behind the traffic, he was clearly getting pissed off serving from side to side, after a couple of minutes of doing this behind the traffic giving maybe a few inches behind the guys bumper (I was in middle lane similar speed having a very clear view of what this d^*k was doing). He then decided to swerve into my lane and the slow lane undertake a load of traffic ditch into middle lane making someone slam on his break and he then decided to wedge himself into the fast lane again

So what happened next was completely uncalled for, sick in the head and to be honest I'd say he should get his face caved in

The slow driver in the fast lane

He managed to get behind the slow driver. The traffic cleared and space opened up a fair bit, the slow driver did exactly what he should do and move back to the middle lane with me in the fast lane just behind.

M3 d&*khead driver with less brain cells than a worm and probably small balls couldn't get over the fact that he wasn't able to speed at I would guess 130-140MPH decided to drive at similar speed to this driver and then literally turn almost into this driver whilst slamming on his breaks

Slow driver in middle lane

Locks up his breaks turns in to slow lane quickly while trying to keep control, body of car looked very unstable clearly because of this t&^t act

M3 shoots off at speed me and my missus actually lost him because he was hammering it

What we saw in the slow car

We drive past and found there was a little girl in the front seat crying her eyes out with the bloke clearly sh&tting himself.

I was so pissed off with that act of road rage just because he wanted to speed down the road, would he of stopped if that guy did loose control and head into the ditch or worse hit into another family car and wipe out 2 families, I don't think he would of.

Jumped up little rich white boy from Gerards Cross living in his 6 bedroom house with his parents probably bought that car with his mummy and daddies money because image is more important than anyone's or anythings lives, probably even got himself sorted for a well paid job in his daddies firm even though all he did at uni was drink and probably took drugs and just winged all his exams and probably hasnt worked hard in his life

Deegee

Post by Deegee »

Did you get his reg no Rossgo? If so report him for dangerous driving - there's a good chance the law have his actions on the motorway cameras.