What do you want to vent about today?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: What do you want to vent about today?

Post by Kwacky »

Insurers automatically renew unless you tell them otherwise. It's the law now.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Got to the airport and found out my Manchester to Norwich flight has to go via Edninburgh.

My mates on the Edinburgh flight so rang him and the reason for the delay is only 10 people on his flight to Norwich so there combing Manchester and Edinburgh into one flight to Norwich. Lying Barstools at Manchester said it was a technical fault.

To add insult to injury there is no OJ or bacon in the lounge and the 2 coffee machines are broke. Sh1t when you pay £170 more for the flight with lounge access.

To make it worse I've been up all night as broke my thumb and it's fooking killing me and throbbing like a good un. Prescription pain killers don't touch it so been on brandy literally all night watching Motogp races on catchup and due to above mention issues now continuing a liquid breakfast (blush) for pain relieve of course :?

Wondering what the next fook up will be....hopefully being mildly pi$$ed will relieve the stress (swear)
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Sorry to hear that Blade. Hope your thumb recovers quickly.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

How the chuff did you break your thumb?
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Slammed the car door on it, rushing and mithered yesterday (blush)
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

(lol) muppet
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Blade wrote:Got to the airport and found out my Manchester to Norwich flight has to go via Edinburgh...
Now that's a "round trip" if ever there was one.: turns a trip of about 200 miles into about 600.!
That thumb's going to be frustrating mate, you'll find just how debilitating such a simple injury can be (been there myself). I found the term "as much use as a sore thumb" has solid credibility. :(
GWS, and good luck.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Blade wrote:Slammed the car door on it, rushing and mithered yesterday (blush)

Ow ow ow ow ow. Been there - crush injuries oweee.

Hope it calms down today - enjoy the booze...
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Blade wrote:Slammed the car door on it, rushing and mithered yesterday (blush)
Jeez sounds nasty mate. Recover quickly

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

I can't help but laugh a little, Blade... I know I should because I saw my step dad's fingers shut in the hatch boot of a Mondeo before - the boot only went and bloody locked too!!!

All the best for a quick recovery though (y) I guess you can't go "thumbing in a softy" anytime soon
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Another shit day. Only managed a couple of hours at my place of work as the power went off mid morning and isn't expected to be back on until 9.30 tonight.

Without computers and Internet now, business is ****.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

People that are on the phone to you, and you tell them you can’t hear them clearly, and they get SH*TTY AT YOU, even though 2 secs later they’re as clear as day so was obviously something they were doing with the phone!
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

kiwikrasher wrote:People that are on the phone to you, and you tell them you can’t hear them clearly, and they get SH*TTY AT YOU, even though 2 secs later they’re as clear as day so was obviously something they were doing with the phone!
How about people who talk over you to tell you it's rude to talk over someone?

I had that from a sales person yesterday,. They got told in no uncertain terms to feck off

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

D6Nutz wrote:
kiwikrasher wrote:People that are on the phone to you, and you tell them you can’t hear them clearly, and they get SH*TTY AT YOU, even though 2 secs later they’re as clear as day so was obviously something they were doing with the phone!
How about people who talk over you to tell you it's rude to talk over someone?

I had that from a sales person yesterday,. They got told in no uncertain terms to feck off

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
So many idiots, not enough laws to protect us from punching them (lol)
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

Eurotunnel yesterday (punch)

I got there earlier than i thought - asked if they were busy - no. Can i go on an earlier train (which i've done countless times) no. Why not - we dont do that anymore... Even if there is space and it's good customer service? No.

Anyway I wait around for an hour and a half, then drive on the train. Due to leave at 2:20pm.

It doesn't move. Nothing happens, no updates, no staff to ask. Then an announcement 30 minutes later - technical issue, engineers trying to resolve.

Then nothing. 2 hours of nothing.

Then they come round and say the train is cancelled and we will have to wait for available spaces on the next few trains.

Then they can decide how to get everyone off this one.

Then they ask everyone (including people with trailers) to REVERSE off the train. It's a good 500m of train to reverse down FFS. Some people have to start doing so.

Then they come round and say some can drive forwards, so there are cars and trucks everywhere. Then rather than bringing another train next to this one (they have TONS of platforms and trains i know they do) they have everyone drive the wrong way round the lanes, under ramps, up ramps and back round the whole complex to get back on another train which they have now magically found.

It's now 3 hours since i got on the train and 5 hours since i arrived at Eurotunnel. One of the vehicles about 10 in front of me has a gravely ill old man in an ambulance who is clearly suffering - his wife was beside herself with stress and worry.

I then ended up on the M20 and M25 at rush hour (which i'd planned to avoid) , which with tons of rain is like mad max with water - its nuts. Cars doing 95mph with no visibility on the M20 and M40 is beyond me - dont they think of getting home to their kids and loved ones? No wonder there are accidents.

It was ok for me as i was on my own and just got a bit of sleep when i could, but it was appallingly handled and quite why they dont have a slick procedure for this is beyond me - i'd say 50% of the time i've used Eurotunnel in the last 5 years there has been a problem - the trains are 25 years old now and frankly need overhaul or replacement.

It meant an 16 hour driving / waiting around day for me.

I blame Brexit :D

Better now.... ]:)
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

Just received a Brexit Party letter.. it's hilarious and helped me realised Labour is the one for me (just) currently.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

It's something I come back to every so often - too many cars and too many shit drivers on the roads. It's almost impossible to take a journey now without it being interrupted by at least one incident.

Was watching the local news earlier and there was a major cycling event in Brum at the weekend. They showed footage of a driver who refused to accept that two road were closed local to him, so he drove round the marshals, mounted the footpath, drove across it and onto the closed road. I trust plod has duly been round and kicked the prick in the bollocks.

So many people seems so angry, ignorant and uptight in this Country these days.
Monty
Your Bike: 2010 ZX6R

Post by Monty »

duke63 wrote:It's something I come back to every so often - too many cars and too many shit drivers on the roads. It's almost impossible to take a journey now without it being interrupted by at least one incident.

Was watching the local news earlier and there was a major cycling event in Brum at the weekend. They showed footage of a driver who refused to accept that two road were closed local to him, so he drove round the marshals, mounted the footpath, drove across it and onto the closed road. I trust plod has duly been round and kicked the prick in the bollocks.

As someone that's spent more than half of my adult life in London on the Tube, in the car and on the bike I can relate to that. My advice is move, the only traffic frustration I face these days is quarry lorries and caravans. I work in Leeds, Manchester, Sheffield, Chester, Liverpool, Newcastle, Glasgow, Edinburgh to name a few and can count on one hand the number of times I've been stuck in traffic in the last 12 months.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

duke63 wrote:It's something I come back to every so often - too many cars and too many shit drivers on the roads. It's almost impossible to take a journey now without it being interrupted by at least one incident.

Funny you say that but I went to see Mr Kwacky yesterday and he lives yards from the velo cycling event so roads were shut around there.
The abuse the stewards were getting even in the limited sphere of two junctions I passed through was awful. One bloke behind me was going absolutely bat shit mental.

I stopped and told the marshal he was doing a great job to try and balance it out. Poor sod.

So many angry people on the roads in the UK now, I notice it so much more now I'm not here 24/7.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

I have no idea why (well maybe I do really) but the Country appears to have lost the plot when it comes to common decency, respect and just a bit of acceptance that you can't always have everything your own way.