What do you want to vent about today?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Re: What do you want to vent about today?

Post by Rossgo »

Cav wrote:Sounds like your gang haven't caught up with the latest trend of cutting through the roof.

A friend in Chepstow had all his tools taken from the van and he knew nothing about it until he got to his customer, unlocked the van and noticed a nice new sky light.

They anger me too.. self-entitlement in full flow
Wow that is incredible. Although doesn't surprise me. They are becoming more and more adventurous because they can. People are too scared to do anything to them because of what they carry on them and if we hit them and put them into a coma then we're the bad guys.

Criminals have a better success rate than them who push a pen on paper (police service...not even police force any more)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Kwacky wrote:Are you sure you've not recently joined ISIS? They do this sort of thing.
And I bet they don't get many people f'ing about in their villages.

D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Put troops on the ground???
That's martial law....it's sort of a last resort measure, and an extreme one at that. The army isn't trained or equipped to enforce civil law. It'd be like sending the police to invade another country. In panda cars & with truncheons.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Your not going all vigilante are you Rossgo (bandit)
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

In fairness I understand Rossgo’s point, but we don’t need the Army, we need a proper budget for the Police, proper levels of coppers out there looking out for baddies and a swing away from policing the easy targets and shut down the large criminal gangs that sponsor wide scale professional crime. We all also need a justice and jail system that deal with the ground level scrotes and their head honchos in a decent manner, that means turning the scrotes around into decent people and throwing the pro crims into dark nasty holes that they never emerge from.

I think that about sums it up.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Deegee wrote:In fairness I understand Rossgo’s point, but we don’t need the Army, we need a proper budget for the Police, proper levels of coppers out there looking out for baddies and a swing away from policing the easy targets and shut down the large criminal gangs that sponsor wide scale professional crime. We all also need a justice and jail system that deal with the ground level scrotes and their head honchos in a decent manner, that means turning the scrotes around into decent people and throwing the pro crims into dark nasty holes that they never emerge from.

I think that about sums it up.
Deegee - this is exactly right. I didn't mean for the army, just putting an extreme example up but yes if we had the correct funds for our men and women dealing with these toerags (in fact they arent toerags they are just tw@s) then we would have a better society. It's a shame they arent pushing for more coppers on the beat and for them to actually be able to do their jobs. It must be a nightmare for the old bill. Some of them don't want to deal with any criminals because it means hours of work behind a desk (have been told this by coppers themselves) it's ridiculous for them sit there having to type it all up etc. I'd rather a copper be out there doing their job and more of them protecting the community. These high end criminal gangs should be closed down surely they are leaving some sort of trail for the police to get a hold of, their not invincible

To be fair Deegee has beautifully put it. Prettt much ignore what i have put he has got everything in his post

Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

One of Mrs Gees ex-Colleagues joined the Police just over 2yrs ago, she doesn’t spend endless hours chasing thieves, speeders, shoplifters and drug dealers or even at the local Nick filling dozens of forms out in triplicate, she spends the larger part of her working life in the hospital A&E department dealing with dysfunctional mentally ill people that have had no treatment because successive governments have eroded, privatised and generally destroyed our mental health system.

That is part of the reason our Police are stretched and don’t have resources for van, bike and house thieves, they’ve become a catch-all service - and we’re not talking bad guys here folks.

Let’s not put the blame solely on post-2008 austerity either, the damage to the UK Mental Health network started back in the 1980’s and has carried on regardless of which political party is in power. It’s a soft target for cutbacks unfortunately, I can’t see it changing either, no matter who campaigns for it, Royal or not.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Deegee wrote:One of Mrs Gees ex-Colleagues joined the Police just over 2yrs ago, she doesn’t spend endless hours chasing thieves, speeders, shoplifters and drug dealers or even at the local Nick filling dozens of forms out in triplicate, she spends the larger part of her working life in the hospital A&E department dealing with dysfunctional mentally ill people that have had no treatment because successive governments have eroded, privatised and generally destroyed our mental health system.

That is part of the reason our Police are stretched and don’t have resources for van, bike and house thieves, they’ve become a catch-all service - and we’re not talking bad guys here folks.

Let’s not put the blame solely on post-2008 austerity either, the damage to the UK Mental Health network started back in the 1980’s and has carried on regardless of which political party is in power. It’s a soft target for cutbacks unfortunately, I can’t see it changing either, no matter who campaigns for it, Royal or not.
Mental health department is shocking. Not sometjing I have first hand experience in but my next door neighbour has been banging on their doors for months and getting nowhere. Long story really, not one i should speak about on hear but he did spend the night in the nick the other week and he said he got treated better there than any hospital he's been in. Sad days really.

Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

People who don't think about the contents of their emails.

Headline on the e-mail :DEADLINE - 29TH MARCH
Email: "Hi, just a quick reminder that the MI is due tomorrow"

No, it's not. It's due on Friday. Piss off. I'm leaving it until the last minute.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Cars who drive in convoy bumper to bumper on a national speed limit country road at 30ish mph. The roads windy so you can't over take as you would have to do 6 vehicles at once and the amount of clear visibility doesn't allow such.

Same drivers come to a straight section of road where there are average speed cameras and they can all suddenly drive at the national speed limit.

Fine drive a 30 mph in a national limit that's not an issue, but don't tail gate each other and convoy so other road users cannot make safe progress.

To make it worse it's the same every time you use this road. Driving standards are sh1te (swear)

Doing something like IAM or Rospa within 2 years of passing your test should be mandatory
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Blade wrote:Cars who drive in convoy bumper to bumper on a national speed limit country road at 30ish mph. The roads windy so you can't over take as you would have to do 6 vehicles at once and the amount of clear visibility doesn't allow such.

Same drivers come to a straight section of road where there are average speed cameras and they can all suddenly drive at the national speed limit.

Fine drive a 30 mph in a national limit that's not an issue, but don't tail gate each other and convoy so other road users cannot make safe progress.

To make it worse it's the same every time you use this road. Driving standards are sh1te (swear)

Doing something like IAM or Rospa within 2 years of passing your test should be mandatory
Dont worry, everyone can be foot to the boards all the time soon |(

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47715415
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I see that a lot when I'm out on the bike. If you do try and move through the traffic you know at least one of the twits is going to sound his horn or flash his lights at you.

On the flip side I had a car right up my arse this morning as I was doing 35 in a 30. As soon as it hit national he was no where to be seen.
Blade

Post by Blade »

C00kiemonster wrote:
Blade wrote:Cars who drive in convoy bumper to bumper on a national speed limit country road at 30ish mph. The roads windy so you can't over take as you would have to do 6 vehicles at once and the amount of clear visibility doesn't allow such.

Dont worry, everyone can be foot to the boards all the time soon |(

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47715415
I would rather see driving standards improve but that's not going to happen.

Tbh I drove down the M1 yesterday and it surprised me how many cameras there are now on our motorways. It used to be a given that 80mph was acceptable if conditions allowed but that seems no longer the case from what I saw yesterday.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

I get miles of lane 1 of the A34 to myself every day as everyone else is bumper to bumper in lane 2. Similar story on the M4.

I've given up carrying TBH, so long as they don't try to knock me off they can drive where they like.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Currently sat in A&E after mother in law was advised to get admitted ASAP.

When you see what some people go to A&E for. These people should be ashamed that they are taking professional staff away from patients with serious conditions.

It’s only perhaps when you get put in this position that you can see the issues staff have to cope with.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I hope everything is ok.

But yeah, I agree. They seem to think it's a 24 hour GP service
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

TRAFFIC JAMS - ALL OTHER DRIVERS NOT ME - BREXIT - LIFE
Blade

Post by Blade »

My 12 year old lad wants some trainers for his birthday. He showed me them and they were £105, which I thought was expensive but thought ok if that's what he wants and it's his birthday.

When we tried them on he is no longer a junior size and we need to go 1 size up which now means he is an adult size and that same trainer goes up £50 to £155 (shocked) in adult size

£155 for a pair of trainers seems wrong. I want him to have them but it feels wrong and is much more than I would ever consider paying for trainers for myself.

There just trainers. £155 Is just naughty IMO or am I just completely out of touch with young people????

Not sure if to buy them or not as I want him to be happy and fit in, and feel mean not buying them.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

That;s too much for a pair of trainers IMO. I wouldn't pay that for myself.

We've had the same with our lad. He wants named stuff. He saw a nice jacket he wanted for Christmas. £275. No chance. To be fair to him he saved up for it. By the time he had the money he decided he didn't like it any more (facepalm)
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Part of that extra £50 will be VAT. There is no VAT on a child's shoe, there is on an adults.