What do you want to vent about today?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Re: What do you want to vent about today?

Post by Blade »

duke63 wrote:I am not advocating we should do away with cars but I do think other forms of transport should have priority in some cases particularly in urban areas.
May be join a bus riders forum (giggle)
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

It's an age think I think. Seeing my son starting to make his own life in the world has made me question what sort of world he will be living in when I am no longer here. What we are doing now is not sustainable.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

But it never is sustainable. Other technologies will take over & make things better - not worse. They'll be different for sure, but overall they will make the world a better place.
We'll do away with cars with no more thought than our great-grandparents did away with a horse & cart.
No-one thinks twice about embracing the latest model cellphone....why? Because they're better, that's why.

My point is that your son & his generation will adapt, just as we ourselves adapt in our own lifetimes.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

I wouldn't disagree at all. But it needs to happen sooner rather than later.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

duke63 wrote:I wouldn't disagree at all. But it needs to happen sooner rather than later.
They can put the attack on combustion engine powered cars and bikes on hold till this petrol head is long dead ;)
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

Same as yesterday... work load overload.

There's so much sh!t on my plate I can't even be bothered to do any of it.

I'm definitely looking at jobs within the company with the prospect of moving after I've finished my degree (last assessment is approximately April).

Under valued
Over worked
Not something I look for in a job.
D41

Post by D41 »

Not too "overloaded" that you can't find the time to post on the web during work hours though??

:D :D :D

Who's your boss??....I'm going to call him.

(emo)
Cav

Post by Cav »

Cav wrote:There's so much sh!t on my plate I can't even be bothered to do any of it.
See part of message you must have missed (y)
Cav

Post by Cav »

D41 wrote:Who's your boss??....I'm going to call him.
Did you just assume gender? |(
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

It sounds like they're taking you for granted. I've been in that position and its not nice. You want to do the work but you don't see why others can't help out. I sent an email at 9pm complaining that I was still at work when every other fecker had left at 5pm on the dot. I told them I wouldn't accept any more work until others in the team had enough to keep them at their desks beyond 5pm.

That did the trick.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Booking a new ferry crossing as i've just been told our current one for next week has been cancelled as they need to ship for something else. Errr - thanks very much.

I blame Brexit :D
D41

Post by D41 »

Cav wrote:
D41 wrote:Who's your boss??....I'm going to call him.
Did you just assume gender? |(
Yes....same as I do with you.
C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

C00kiemonster wrote:Booking a new ferry crossing as i've just been told our current one for next week has been cancelled as they need to ship for something else. Errr - thanks very much.

and now it's been cancelled again, now due to strike action. (wasntme) Bloody french. 2 days delay now.

I'm still going to blame Brexit. At this rate we wont get over to the UK until after Brexit ..... grrrr.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

C00kiemonster wrote:
C00kiemonster wrote:Booking a new ferry crossing as i've just been told our current one for next week has been cancelled as they need to ship for something else. Errr - thanks very much.

and now it's been cancelled again, now due to strike action. (wasntme) Bloody french. 2 days delay now.

I'm still going to blame Brexit. At this rate we wont get over to the UK until after Brexit ..... grrrr.
Can you bring some lettuce and tomatoes with you please? A family pack of baked beans too. :D
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

And some straight bananas. Ta
C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

duke63 wrote:
C00kiemonster wrote:

Can you bring some lettuce and tomatoes with you please? A family pack of baked beans too. :D
Bloody English :D
duke63

Post by duke63 »

We is stupid.....and poor. :D
Cav

Post by Cav »

Hangovers.... I drank 6 pints last night, the last one was bloody horrible. Some 6% local flat cloudy sh!t.

I'm not holding out much hope for my Stag!
Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Post by Cavetroll87 »

I would like to vent about fatshamers…….

I am fat! I get it, I know it, everyone who sees me knows it, strangley its quite a hard thing to hide!

Anyway every single day at work my choice of lunch gets dissected by everyone else in the office. Id say 99% of the time I bring in a home made sandwich, maybe a single packet of crisps and maybe an apple or an orange or something. Noting too excessive but still comments about how its always the same. if I dare have anything else my god! Thursday last week for example, I had no breakfast due to rushing around with Travis, and was going straight out after work to band practice so knew I wouldn't get to eat so I popped out, literally the only thing within a 5 mile radius of the office is a drive through MaccyD's. This then led to a full lunch break of discussing diets and diet programs and 65 stone people. not so subtle hints there.

Had the same thing a few weeks back when I bought in some left over pizza from the night before.

And then If I bring in anything else that then gets dissected "ooooh what you got there? that's a bit healthy for you!" just **** off and let me eat my lunch in peace!

EVERY SINGLE DAY every item of food I eat is analysed while im told in a roundabout way how im gunna die coz im a fat monstrosity.
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

Cavetroll87 wrote:I would like to vent about fatshamers…….

I am fat! I get it, I know it, everyone who sees me knows it, strangley its quite a hard thing to hide!

Anyway every single day at work my choice of lunch gets dissected by everyone else in the office. Id say 99% of the time I bring in a home made sandwich, maybe a single packet of crisps and maybe an apple or an orange or something. Noting too excessive but still comments about how its always the same. if I dare have anything else my god! Thursday last week for example, I had no breakfast due to rushing around with Travis, and was going straight out after work to band practice so knew I wouldn't get to eat so I popped out, literally the only thing within a 5 mile radius of the office is a drive through MaccyD's. This then led to a full lunch break of discussing diets and diet programs and 65 stone people. not so subtle hints there.

Had the same thing a few weeks back when I bought in some left over pizza from the night before.

And then If I bring in anything else that then gets dissected "ooooh what you got there? that's a bit healthy for you!" just **** off and let me eat my lunch in peace!

EVERY SINGLE DAY every item of food I eat is analysed while im told in a roundabout way how im gunna die coz im a fat monstrosity.
:( You must get fed up with it. How overweight are you?

I'll admit to being a bit of a fatshamer (very occasionally) as i'm lucky enough never to have been so.