What do you want to vent about today?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Re: What do you want to vent about today?

Post by Cav »

I'm not going to speak on my colleagues behalf because he needs to do it himself - however - I will keep checking in on him and supporting him emotionally and hopefully direct him down a more 'proper' route of action if I see him heading down the wrong path.

I thought of you when writing it Kiwi. I almost didn't hit 'post' because I didn't want you to relate it to Byron.

I'm going to try and talk with my colleague and our manager about their discussion and urge my manager to support my colleague if I need to.

Sadly I think you're right StMarks.. it's certainly the opinion a few people in this office share :(
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Cav think you did the right thing there. It take a guts to do something like that. Well done to you.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

My wisdom tooth is killing me. It's now been 4 days. It's hard to eat/ open mouth, brush my teeth etc. It's throbbing, it's sore and it's helping my nut in!! i dont tend to use pills but after this pain for 4 days I am starting to break!! I think ill take one today and see how it goes!!

StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Rossgo wrote:My wisdom tooth is killing me. It's now been 4 days. It's hard to eat/ open mouth, brush my teeth etc. It's throbbing, it's sore and it's helping my nut in!! Image i dont tend to use pills but after this pain for 4 days I am starting to break!! I think ill take one today and see how it goes!!
You know that "Sensodyne" type toothpaste for sensitive teeth, you'll have seen the adverts I'm sure.?
Anyway, I had an abscess on the root of a tooth about two years ago, and because of the operation I was involved in I couldn't take time out to have it seen to for about a month.! I carried a tube of that about with me & brushed my teeth with it frequently day & night, and it actually worked quite well for me, reducing the constant pain to a bearable level.
Hth
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

StMarks wrote:
Rossgo wrote:My wisdom tooth is killing me. It's now been 4 days. It's hard to eat/ open mouth, brush my teeth etc. It's throbbing, it's sore and it's helping my nut in!! Image i dont tend to use pills but after this pain for 4 days I am starting to break!! I think ill take one today and see how it goes!!
You know that "Sensodyne" type toothpaste for sensitive teeth, you'll have seen the adverts I'm sure.?
Anyway, I had an abscess on the root of a tooth about two years ago, and because of the operation I was involved in I couldn't take time out to have it seen to for about a month.! I carried a tube of that about with me & brushed my teeth with it frequently day & night, and it actually worked quite well for me, reducing the constant pain to a bearable level.
Hth
I defo up that stuff......it tastes disgusting ImageImage

Thanks for your help StMarks. I'll see what pills do first...I've taken one but hasn't touched the pain yet haha

kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Cav wrote:I thought of you when writing it Kiwi. I almost didn't hit 'post' because I didn't want you to relate it to Byron.
Don’t ever edit yourself on my behalf mate. To be honest the more scenarios I’m exposed to the better equipped I am to help him with stratiges to get through life.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

kiwikrasher wrote:
Cav wrote:I thought of you when writing it Kiwi. I almost didn't hit 'post' because I didn't want you to relate it to Byron.
Don’t ever edit yourself on my behalf mate. To be honest the more scenarios I’m exposed to the better equipped I am to help him with stratiges to get through life.
(f1)

Your absolutely right kiwi, it's a hard enough job bringing up a child in the modern world but adding the challenge of autism makes it a darn site harder.

We often take for granted the simple tasks of being able to read others mood or intent and respond appropriately. A child with autism has to learn this skill, and trust me it's hard to teach. Despite my best teaching, James still doesn't get sarcasm.

Don't get me wrong though, when James "gets" something it's the most rewarding thing ever.

I sincerely hope neither Byron, James, or any of our children have to experience bullying, but I do hope to be able to teach James how to identify it and deal with it appropriately.

FWIW cav, I think your a very brave and strong individual for simply offering your support. So many would shy away as it's "not their problem" and their too scared of people who appear "different"
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Cav

Post by Cav »

It's a no-brainer to me. I've been suicidal and never been bullied - I wouldn't wish depression on anyone and I put on a smile and a brave face to try and prevent others from having to feel the same way I have done; it's natural to me to do that.

What I don't understand is how someone can get enjoyment from making someone else's life unbearable. I've been to school so I've been around bullying and I still have guilt for not standing up to more bullies than I did (although I would stand up to at least 1 bully every half term.. at least!)

My colleague is a brilliant guy and we all take the p!ss out of him daily, but he laughs with us and gives us sh!t back. If anyone is ever genuinely insulting him we all stick up for him.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Get some Oil Of Clove(s) from the chemists. It won't take the pain away entirely but it'll take the edge off it.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Cav wrote:What I don't understand is how someone can get enjoyment from making someone else's life unbearable.
I'm no psychologist, but isn't it usually to cover up their own failings and insecurities?
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Failings, insecurities, very likely they have been bullied themselves, often from larger families, etc. End of the day it's to make up for a shortcoming...real or imagined...in their own lives.
Bottom line is they're unhappy....else why do it??
Cav

Post by Cav »

I suppose it probably is something like that. I guess it could stem from his failed football career due to injury.

What it all ultimately boils down to is 1 person distantly managing someone and these 2 people are 100% not compatible. Just a shame the operation manager doesn't have enough about him to consider a different approach nor the ability to read a situation and when to shut up and move on.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Modern Cars :@

Noticed the other day a bulb has blown in the headlight of the trusty Mondeo.

No problem, i'll put a new one in today. Back in a min i said as i left the house...

2 hours later i'd done it. ;(

i had to remove some of the bumper, trim and countless flimsy fastenings pull out the whole headlight, undo the back of the unit, change the bulb and then refit it all back again. All in 2 degrees C.

If you didn't have the tools or were not handy, thats an expensive garage visit for a sidelight.

(doh)
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

C00kiemonster wrote:Modern Cars :@

Noticed the other day a bulb has blown in the headlight of the trusty Mondeo.

No problem, i'll put a new one in today. Back in a min i said as i left the house...

2 hours later i'd done it. ;(

i had to remove some of the bumper, trim and countless flimsy fastenings pull out the whole headlight, undo the back of the unit, change the bulb and then refit it all back again. All in 2 degrees C.

If you didn't have the tools or were not handy, thats an expensive garage visit for a sidelight.

(doh)
Shoulda gone to Halfords!

Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

My tooth. Seeing the dentist today, very sore

Monty
Your Bike: 2010 ZX6R

Post by Monty »

Received my yearly bonus today and a TAX bill that's substantially bigger than my bonus after TAX. Then to add insult an invoice from my accountant.

What is the actual point?
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Monty wrote:Received my yearly bonus today and a TAX bill that's substantially bigger than my bonus after TAX. Then to add insult an invoice from my accountant.

What is the actual point?
Don't worry it will all get better after the 29th of March mate (y)
Monty

Post by Monty »

Why, are they going to give some of it back?
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Monty wrote:Why, are they going to give some of it back?
We're taking it all back. Didn't you know?
Monty

Post by Monty »

No, I must have missed that bus
Monty™© MCMLXXII