What do you want to vent about today?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Re: What do you want to vent about today?

Post by Rossgo »

D41 wrote:
Rossgo wrote:
D41 wrote:"Die from a broken heart"????

You deserve a broken nose just for writing such crap.
I'm about to throw-the-fcuk-up just reading that.
Long story but G Gran (107/8 yo) buried her daughter before she passed away. My nan used to call everyday morning and night just to have a chat. When my nan passed my G-Gran passed too. So therefore my opinion she died from a broken heart

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Yes. But you're saying YOU will die from a broken heart. Like any lass in her right mind is going to put up with you for that long...?? :D
Hahahaha couldn't agree more lol

Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Post by Cavetroll87 »

Kwacky wrote:
Cavetroll87 wrote:
Is it Barclays?
It is. Do they do this a lot?
Barclays always take the 1st repayment on the 16th, no matter when you ask for and then from the following month it reverts to your chosen date, its just something they do (something to do with there repayments being taken half in arrears and half upfront, theyre a bit odd like that) I'm surprised your advisor hasnt warned you of that, as I say should all be normal for you next month mate
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

He may well have done. I went online and changed the date though, thinking it would take effect immediately.
Cavetroll87

Post by Cavetroll87 »

Kwacky wrote:He may well have done. I went online and changed the date though, thinking it would take effect immediately.
fair enough, No like I say Barclays are odd and always take the first payment on the 16th (unsure as to why yours went on 17th tbh) youll be ok next month mate if thast any consolation
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I've checked. It went out yesterday but only showed today
Cavetroll87

Post by Cavetroll87 »

I know Ive vented about it before in here but can I vent about solicitors again please? case emant to complete on the 1st, costing the client money each day it doesn't, calling them multiple times a day and STILL not complete!
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Name them
Cavetroll87

Post by Cavetroll87 »

Named in here before - Taylor Rose TTKW - utterly incompetent, to the point we are now chasing them financial recompense as the customer has incurred 17 days of additional interest sitting on SVR since the 1st (sorry if that's where you work mate HAHA)
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

It's not.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

The bellends that where testing one of the new Hitachi electric trains last night and managed to take out 500 meters of overhead electric cabling! (facepalm)

Paddington has effectively been shut all day. Fingers crossed sh1t gets fixed tonight, going to work via Waterloo makes for a very long day.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Nutz saw that on the news. Looks like hell

Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Getting home 3 hrs late at 2am in the morning due to EasyJet’s inept flight management, I was beyond angry last night waiting for a flight that showed as delayed by 20mins a whole 36hrs before it took off and it just kept getting worse as the evening progressed. :@

Advertising a departure time you know you can’t make cannot be a legal practice.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Deegee wrote:Getting home 3 hrs late at 2am in the morning due to EasyJet’s inept flight management, I was beyond angry last night waiting for a flight that showed as delayed by 20mins a whole 36hrs before it took off and it just kept getting worse as the evening progressed. :@

Advertising a departure time you know you can’t make cannot be a legal practice.
I sympathise, we had the same coming back from Portugal earlier this year. Supposed to leave at about 10pm, finally left at 3 mins to 1am. The plane hadn't been cleaned or anything, just turned round as quick at possible to they could get airborne before the 3 hour cut off where the have to pay compensation.

If you where delayed over 3 hours then you can claim compensation, they won't advertise the fact though.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

OAPs who are unable to drive faster than 25mph..anywhere. We really need a re test system at certain ages.
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

D6Nutz wrote:
Deegee wrote:Getting home 3 hrs late at 2am in the morning due to EasyJet’s inept flight management, I was beyond angry last night waiting for a flight that showed as delayed by 20mins a whole 36hrs before it took off and it just kept getting worse as the evening progressed. :@

I sympathise, we had the same coming back from Portugal earlier this year. Supposed to leave at about 10pm, finally left at 3 mins to 1am. The plane hadn't been cleaned or anything, just turned round as quick at possible to they could get airborne before the 3 hour cut off where the have to pay compensation.

If you where delayed over 3 hours then you can claim compensation, they won't advertise the fact though.
I hadn’t thought about that to be honest, but I’ve just looked back at my boarding pass and text messages with Mrs Gee and we made it with 15 mins to spare. It wasn’t so much that the plane hit delays, it was the fact it was showing as delayed a full 36 hrs prior to take off. That’s effectively the same as advertising something you haven’t got imho.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

duke63 wrote:OAPs who are unable to drive faster than 25mph..anywhere. We really need a re test system at certain ages.
You mean a practical test, Duke....or a written, basic competency, etc...??

I'm thinking of my Dad.....towards the end, his last few years, he had dementia.....he was also a very smart man & realised what was happening to him & that he was losing it, and losing it quite quickly. So he pulled himself off the road (or maybe his doctor did & he forgot!??)....either way, he got it sorted.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

A practical test. I suspect quite a few don't have sufficient reaction times to drive safely.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

duke63 wrote:A practical test. I suspect quite a few don't have sufficient reaction times to drive safely.
At the risk of being repetitive, I still believe that compulsory re-testing should be mandatory for our entire driving lives.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

Same here. No one could complain about a retest every ten years.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

duke63 wrote:Same here. No one could complain about a retest every ten years.
No one.?
Iirc I believe you'll find that TC will happily trot out the establishment's position on the subject..