What are you doing today ??

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Re: What are you doing today ??

Post by kiwikrasher »

had some good news on the work front.

Due to the reliability and easier access to COVID testing in Australia since the start of the pandemic, coupled with the excellent management of emerging cases and keeping community transmission extremely low, my company have decided to drop the quarantining we have been doing prior to coming offshore and instead get us to test 72 hrs prior to our helicopter ride. We still have to do the two weeks govt. quarantine on the way back home.

That means I'll now be doing 5 weeks away and 7 weeks at home, which calculates out to only 1.4 days over my contracted 40/60 work/break ratio per trip.

a good step in the right direction and is going to reduce the quarantining I do this year by a full month. so I'll only do 9 weeks quarantine this year now.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

A trip to B&Q for a rat trap, 2 have moved in to the garden and I now regret selling my air rifle... So far they are totally ignoring the peanut butter on the trap.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

Written my 3rd letter to my dad in 2 days.

One letter is how I propose we move forward and doesn't get into all the nitty gritty by letter.
The second letter is a full response that they've asked for which will be received with anger and will likely get nowhere.
The third letter asks them to choose which response they want to receive.

Whichever letter I send will cause trouble because I am damned if I do and damned if I don't. I can't win.

I'm printing the 3rd letter and delivering it tonight. The most likely reply will be that I'm playing games, I can't be serious and that I need to stop acting like a child.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

I've just woken up and it's raining, so I guess the short answer is I'll be doing sweet F.A. today.
I don't even have any laundry to do as I did that yesterday. Bugger.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Been to the dentist. Not as enjoyable as last time. Different dentist. The last one was a proper milf.
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

playing with a chainsaw in the garden , more tomorrow with added fire .....
Stonesie

Post by Stonesie »

Wondering if the rat in the garden has a crash helmet, it triggered the trap, then ran off with it (facepalm)

Trap now baited with a rolo and cable tied to a brick.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Stonesie wrote:A trip to B&Q for a rat trap, 2 have moved in to the garden,,,,,,.
If you have seen 2x, then the chances are that there will be many more (they say for every rat you see, 10x can see you.!)
Stonesie wrote:Wondering if the rat in the garden has a crash helmet, it triggered the trap, then ran off with it...
Rats are cannibalistic.: If your trap got one of the rats, the body (complete with trap) will have been dragged back to their nest to be eaten.
Hth.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

This sounds like something from a James Herbert book.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

StMarks wrote:
Stonesie wrote:A trip to B&Q for a rat trap, 2 have moved in to the garden,,,,,,.
If you have seen 2x, then the chances are that there will be many more (they say for every rat you see, 10x can see you.!)
Stonesie wrote:Wondering if the rat in the garden has a crash helmet, it triggered the trap, then ran off with it...
Rats are cannibalistic.: If your trap got one of the rats, the body (complete with trap) will have been dragged back to their nest to be eaten.
Hth.
So what I'm getting from StMarks post is that a BB gun would be much more effective and rewarding. Just make sure to dispose of the carcasses quickly, or just leave them as bait for more targets.. lol.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

Today I'm going to have my microchip embedded and be genetically altered to comply with our new floppy haired bumbling baffoon overlord.

I've instructed the wife to leave the bike keys on the side incase I mutate horribly and an unable to ride or talk ever again.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Stonesie wrote:Wondering if the rat in the garden has a crash helmet, it triggered the trap, then ran off with it (facepalm)

It might have just nabbed it by the tail.
If the trap got him/her where it's supposed to, it's probably not going to be running anywhere anytime soon. Still though, they are resilient little fcukers, you never know.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Kwacky wrote:This sounds like something from a James Herbert book.
D6Nutz wrote:....,,, more effective and rewarding. Just make sure to dispose of the carcasses quickly, or just leave them as bait for more targets..
Fwiw I inherited an old galvanized cage trap which was in one of the sheds when we moved here. Rats haven't been a problem for us (as we moved here with a cat, and have always had one or two ever since). However the current two are both getting past it now, and when autumn closed in last year we became aware of tell-tale rat runs dotted around the place.
So I hunted out that old trap, popped in the leftover carcass from our Sunday roast chicken and positioned it on one of those rat run trails.
They ignored the trap for a few days, and I had to re-position it so that they didn't bypass it, but eventually I heard squealing one morning & saw a rat that had entered the cage & was trapped inside.
As I was off to work & couldn't afford the time to sort it then, I left it in there for when I got home. I was delayed at work, and didn't get back till quite late.
Nonetheless I went to the cage only to find that there was now one stripped bare chicken skeleton, one aggressive rat and also now a half eaten rat carcass.! :S
So instead of emptying the cage that night I left it & the next morning there were two dead rats & one angry live one.
Anyway I didn't like that ethos, so took the cage for a little ride to the home of a successful criminal, and released ratty into his garden.
Stonesie

Post by Stonesie »

Dumping the angry rat with a criminal is the icing on that cake (giggle)

Today it caught a mouse, in a powerful rat trap, I almost felt sorry for it as it was damned near in 2 pieces.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

StMarks wrote:
Kwacky wrote:This sounds like something from a James Herbert book.
D6Nutz wrote:....,,, more effective and rewarding. Just make sure to dispose of the carcasses quickly, or just leave them as bait for more targets..
Fwiw I inherited an old galvanized cage trap which was in one of the sheds when we moved here. Rats haven't been a problem for us (as we moved here with a cat, and have always had one or two ever since). However the current two are both getting past it now, and when autumn closed in last year we became aware of tell-tale rat runs dotted around the place.
So I hunted out that old trap, popped in the leftover carcass from our Sunday roast chicken and positioned it on one of those rat run trails.
They ignored the trap for a few days, and I had to re-position it so that they didn't bypass it, but eventually I heard squealing one morning & saw a rat that had entered the cage & was trapped inside.
As I was off to work & couldn't afford the time to sort it then, I left it in there for when I got home. I was delayed at work, and didn't get back till quite late.
Nonetheless I went to the cage only to find that there was now one stripped bare chicken skeleton, one aggressive rat and also now a half eaten rat carcass.! :S
So instead of emptying the cage that night I left it & the next morning there were two dead rats & one angry live one.
Anyway I didn't like that ethos, so took the cage for a little ride to the home of a successful criminal, and released ratty into his garden.
After reading that I am satisfied your ethos are completely intact (lol)
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

kiwikrasher wrote:had some good news on the work front.

Due to the reliability and easier access to COVID testing in Australia since the start of the pandemic, coupled with the excellent management of emerging cases and keeping community transmission extremely low, my company have decided to drop the quarantining we have been doing prior to coming offshore and instead get us to test 72 hrs prior to our helicopter ride. We still have to do the two weeks govt. quarantine on the way back home.

That means I'll now be doing 5 weeks away and 7 weeks at home, which calculates out to only 1.4 days over my contracted 40/60 work/break ratio per trip.

a good step in the right direction and is going to reduce the quarantining I do this year by a full month. so I'll only do 9 weeks quarantine this year now.
So seems the company jumped the gun and only had a verbal from the Timorese Offshore Regulator (we are in their waters). It’s all getting reversed as they now won’t sign off on it. (facepalm)
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

kiwikrasher wrote:
kiwikrasher wrote:had some good news on the work front.

So seems the company jumped the gun and only had a verbal from the Timorese Offshore Regulator (we are in their waters). It’s all getting reversed as they now won’t sign off on it. (facepalm)
FFS.

Thing is, I can see the benefit of the quarantine on the way out. An outbreak in the platform wouldn't be good at all.

But after you've all been on the platform for over 2 weeks and nobody has any symptoms, surely that should nullify the need to return quarantine. It's not like your on a jolly mixing with anyone.

Stonesie

Post by Stonesie »

I can't understand why they can't give you an exemption on your return, you are coming from an isolated environment and had to quarantine before going so how could you possibly catch it?

Today I found that I needed 2 allen keys to do the job's I had in mind for the bike, 3mm, it has vanished in to a parallel dimension so I can't get to the alarm plug to waterproof it.. And 19mm for the front spindle, I have a 17 from my last Triumph and thought it would fit, nope it's bigger on the Sprint.

I did strip and re organise my toolbox though, looking for the 3mm, I also fitted a MRA screen to the neighbours GS, so not a totally wasted day.
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

getting wound up by officious little pricks who have nothing better to do , absolutely fu*king fuming , this is not good for me .
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I've sold a load more spiders. One of the suppliers I use has no stock. I've said I'll help him out.