What are you doing today ??

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Re: What are you doing today ??

Post by Cav »

Thank you. Mrs Cav is connected up to the machine now. Listening to baby's heart beat at a healthy 146bpm and hearing the occasional small movement (although nothing my Wife can feel)
Cav

Post by Cav »

All good. Nurses/midwives are happy so we've just come home with a takeaway curry. The poor Wife barely managed any before feeling nauseous. Tough day for her.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

More curry for you and all is good with the baby

Win win
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Losing the gamble we all play as bike riders with speed “recommendations”

Took the Thruxton out to do the mountains loop this morning. Saturday. I never usually ride the weekends because well kids, and the road can be policed heavily as it’s a favourite for bikes. That’s ok I’ll be careful.

Stuck behind a car doing 20km under the limit (80km area) finally get to a legal spot to overtake. Bit of a squirt to get around... 5 cars ahead and we are coming up to a good section so leave the throttle open and round them up as well (no so legally).

10km down the road, lights and sirens behind me. Oh buggar, but it will be minimal I think, I’ve been behaving bar the squirt before, but that was 10km ago.

“So I’ve recorded you at 45km over, but I’ve been trying to catch up for 10km... how did you get around those 5 cars? There hasn’t been any legal overtaking opportunities till a km ago”

So in Aussie “more than 45km over” is instant loss of licence on the spot for 6 months. So by the skin of my teeth and the margin of 1km/hr I was still able to ride back home.

He didn’t ticket me for the overtaking as he had no proof although absolutely knew I did something I shouldn’t have.

$935, half my licence in points and apparently a 3 months suspension once the fine turns up in the mail (gah)

We all know the rules and the consequences so I have no one to blame but myself and I’ve got away with plenty since my last bike ticket in NZ in 1996.

On the way home he was parked back in the hiding spot he caught me from, even going the opposite way I could only just make him out, coming the other way he was completely hidden.

Cars were passing me riding home, the shame of that was as bad as the ticket! (facepalm)
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

kiwikrasher wrote:Losing the gamble we all play as bike riders with speed “recommendations”

Took the Thruxton out to do the mountains loop this morning. Saturday. I never usually ride the weekends because well kids, and the road can be policed heavily as it’s a favourite for bikes. That’s ok I’ll be careful.

Stuck behind a car doing 20km under the limit (80km area) finally get to a legal spot to overtake. Bit of a squirt to get around... 5 cars ahead and we are coming up to a good section so leave the throttle open and round them up as well (no so legally).

10km down the road, lights and sirens behind me. Oh buggar, but it will be minimal I think, I’ve been behaving bar the squirt before, but that was 10km ago.

“So I’ve recorded you at 45km over, but I’ve been trying to catch up for 10km... how did you get around those 5 cars? There hasn’t been any legal overtaking opportunities till a km ago”

So in Aussie “more than 45km over” is instant loss of licence on the spot for 6 months. So by the skin of my teeth and the margin of 1km/hr I was still able to ride back home.

He didn’t ticket me for the overtaking as he had no proof although absolutely knew I did something I shouldn’t have.

$935, half my licence in points and apparently a 3 months suspension once the fine turns up in the mail (gah)

We all know the rules and the consequences so I have no one to blame but myself and I’ve got away with plenty since my last bike ticket in NZ in 1996.

On the way home he was parked back in the hiding spot he caught me from, even going the opposite way I could only just make him out, coming the other way he was completely hidden.

Cars were passing me riding home, the shame of that was as bad as the ticket! (facepalm)
Its horrible when you get caught - i've had my fair share too sadly.

Sounds similar to france - they are more than happy to take your license and your vehicle if your too naughty. Glad you kept yours.

3 month suspension? Does that mean they do take the license? How long do the points last?

;(
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

kiwikrasher wrote:
Will you be offshore for any or most of those three months???
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

They suspension starts when I receive my letter, which I can appeal if I have compelling reasons to keep my licence.

Points last for 40 months.

Yea D, I’ll be away for 1/2 of it but it also means a full break home with no licence and I live 20 km from town and one bus run a day.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

That's a tough one mate, unlucky.

Can you not appeal on compassionate grounds as primary carer for an autistic minor?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

What about that 2hr drive to deliver the bike.? -That sounds a pretty compelling reason you need your licence.

Tough luck Kiwiw, we've all been there to some extent. It's happened, so best you can do imho is to reflect on the fact that it could have been worse & you were lucky it wasn't.
3 months will fly by for you
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

StMarks wrote:What about that 2hr drive to deliver the bike.? -That sounds a pretty compelling reason you need your licence.

Tough luck Kiwiw, we've all been there to some extent. It's happened, so best you can do imho is to reflect on the fact that it could have been worse & you were lucky it wasn't.
3 months will fly by for you
I’m taking it down on the trailer. Comprehensive insurance will have expired by then.

I am going to appeal on that fact Nutz, otherwise I’ll
have no way to get him to his therapies.

2 weeks for the letter to turn up and 28 days to appeal so at least that will get me through with a licence till I go to work again
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Sorry to hear all that, kiwi.

Even bikes that should stop us doing silly speeds have licence losing power these days.
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

Sorry to hear that Kiwi, even my friends Ninja 250 can do 105mph / 170Kph, takes a while but it get's there.

Just had my first dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine, they give you a sheet of paper with all the possible side effects but I just have a bit of a headache so should be okay tomorrow. I was feeling very fatigued but some Italian coffee fixed that.
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

Stonesie wrote:Sorry to hear that Kiwi, even my friends Ninja 250 can do 105mph / 170Kph, takes a while but it get's there.

Just had my first dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine, they give you a sheet of paper with all the possible side effects but I just have a bit of a headache so should be okay tomorrow. I was feeling very fatigued but some Italian coffee fixed that.
Take it easy tomorrow mate, seems that the day after the vaccine hits you the hardest.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Been out for a long walk. The dog is knackered
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

Made the wife breakfast, she then had a bath while I took the kids to the park. Then cooked roast pork, with some help from Waitrose.

Booked a trackday.

Cav

Post by Cav »

Kwacky wrote:Been out for a long walk. The dog is knackered
That's not kind to your Wife, she's a looker after all!

I hope you're doing well mate.
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

D6Nutz wrote:Take it easy tomorrow mate, seems that the day after the vaccine hits you the hardest.

I'm good today, last night was rough though, cold sweats and shivering with a migraine.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Got a 4m3 skip bin delivered and am doing a brutal clear out. Trying to make 2 houses worth of stuff fit in one house has necessitated a critical look at all the stuff around the place.... quite cathartic
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

I have a dentist appointment.... it's going to be the highlight of my exciting day.
Deep joy.
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

Designing my new shed office.