What are you doing today ??

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Re: What are you doing today ??

Post by Frankie »

Holy crap I think we must be drinking the same water.....snap !
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

At about half past four this morning I was greeted by two very drunk airmen, accompanied by two "ladies" who they were trying to sign onto camp, presumably for sexual shenanigans of some kind.

When it transpired that one of the "ladies" had no ID and therefore could not be granted access to the base, the two airmen said "Well, I've got ID, see ya"!

Which left 2 drunk, confused and foul-mouthed bickering harpies in my working area. Brilliant, cheers lads.

After trying to get hold of friends, who for some reason weren't picking their phones up at what was now 5 in the morning, they tried the Police. Yes, that's right, they dialled 999 because they'd been ditched and didn't have enough taxi money to get home.
They wouldn't ring their parents because they didn't want an ear-bashing but they thought nothing of wasting the emergency services time. (gah)

Needless to say the operator sacked them off.

They finally went out to the bus stop to see when the first bus back to King's Lynn was, and I didn't see them again.

Until they came in an hour later, AFTER HAVING CALLED A FRICKIN AMBULANCE!!! (gah) (gah) (gah)

Once again they filled my office with the stench of stale booze, one of them holding a disposable bed pan and one of them draped in a blanket.

I was nice, polite and helpful through the whole episode, much more helpful than I had any cause to be (because in the nicest possible way, they aren't coming onto camp so they aren't anyhting to do with me), but the whole thing was soured by their blatant disregard for our Emergency Services. An ambulance is not a f*****g taxi service, you slags.
Pro tip: If you're going to shack up with two random RAF lads, make sure you've got ID on you.
If you don't, make sure you've got enough taxi fare somewhere, even in your bank account, before you decide to have a night on the tiles!

Rant over!
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Frankie wrote:Holy crap I think we must be drinking the same water.....snap !
Not good is it Frankie mate, I feel for you buddy.

Not slept more than 6 hours in the last 2 weeks, and most of that was broken sleep waking every hour, but what's hurting the most is trying to direct myself home when I've only had 2 hours kip in the last 24.

Insomnia is definitely a form of torture in my book.

Hope you feel better soon and get some sleep Frankie.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Hey Blade, have you tried melatonin? The good stuff 5 or 10 mg, not the herbal faux stuff. I can send you a link if you like. It's not like sleeping tablets, no groggy after effects but helps heaps on my night shifts and swapping back. Airline pilots use it a lot.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Itchy wrote:At about half past four this morning I was greeted by two very drunk airmen, accompanied by two "ladies" who they were trying to sign onto camp, presumably for sexual shenanigans of some kind.

When it transpired that one of the "ladies" had no ID and therefore could not be granted access to the base, the two airmen said "Well, I've got ID, see ya"!

Which left 2 drunk, confused and foul-mouthed bickering harpies in my working area. Brilliant, cheers lads.

After trying to get hold of friends, who for some reason weren't picking their phones up at what was now 5 in the morning, they tried the Police. Yes, that's right, they dialled 999 because they'd been ditched and didn't have enough taxi money to get home.
They wouldn't ring their parents because they didn't want an ear-bashing but they thought nothing of wasting the emergency services time. (gah)

Needless to say the operator sacked them off.

They finally went out to the bus stop to see when the first bus back to King's Lynn was, and I didn't see them again.

Until they came in an hour later, AFTER HAVING CALLED A FRICKIN AMBULANCE!!! (gah) (gah) (gah)

Once again they filled my office with the stench of stale booze, one of them holding a disposable bed pan and one of them draped in a blanket.

I was nice, polite and helpful through the whole episode, much more helpful than I had any cause to be (because in the nicest possible way, they aren't coming onto camp so they aren't anyhting to do with me), but the whole thing was soured by their blatant disregard for our Emergency Services. An ambulance is not a f*****g taxi service, you slags.
Pro tip: If you're going to shack up with two random RAF lads, make sure you've got ID on you.
If you don't, make sure you've got enough taxi fare somewhere, even in your bank account, before you decide to have a night on the tiles!

Rant over!
Never understand some people. There's a few lads around my partners old area that used the police as a taxi service. Utter moron people! We pay for these guys to actually help and protect people not cheafuer them around. Makes my blood boil no wonder our police force dont get the time to search for stolen vehicle's etc.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Been up since 4 due to my dog crying, she was I'll and had to take her out. So since then spent the time catching up on the forums. Today I am go I g to take a chill out day!
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Resting my aching bones.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Had a class day taken the dog out, done the washing, cleaned the whole house and watched 2 films (shank and master and commander) and now watching the first episode of Band of Brothers, forgotten just how well shot this was!
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

I really need to make more effort to get days like this think it's the first time I've been able to do this since Christmas!
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Spent today looking after the kids, they where both in a really good mood and made today one of those days you just really enjoy being a parent.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

Spent the day yesterday being rushed off my feet, I think I booked in too many test rides too close together! (facepalm)
Did not have a second to myself it was nuts. Lesson learnt.

On the up side very encouraging as Triumph had a open day, and Harley Davidson had their open day locally and we were still heaving.....
Blade

Post by Blade »

More test rides will hopefully equal more sales.

What is popular for the test rides ?
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

That's the plan, but with my knowledge of the various systems I could not close everyone down on Saturday even if I was able. Still mega loads to learn on that front.
I had booked -f800 GS A, RT1200, R nine T, K1600, GS1200 Adventure new water cooled and older Air cooled, S1000RR (15) plate, and one of our cherished used 14 plate. Let alone the walk in's wanting a ride. Seriously I did not stop once all day, I had people waiting for me!! I was still discussing options with a customer when they had brought all the bikes in a locked everything up...except the side door....phew....
Today
Finally got a little spin on my lovely S1000rr, first time in weeks, new rubber on the front so needed to scrub it in a little.
Then sorted the garden for a rest ha ha mowed, weeded...etc,,,
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Post by rocket »

Bought a mountain bike well chuffed been looking for about a month and everything was either crappy or to much money finally got one I wanted so can slam some miles on it.
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Got the garden prepped for the work being done this week. We're having artificial grass put in. The dog has killed our lawn.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Kwacky just think your never have to do the mowing ever again...bliss!! Take the Sundays off from now on!!
Blade

Post by Blade »

I think artificial grass is a very good idea for a busy working family. When the playbark and climbing frame, swing, slide thing goes I will be putting it down myself.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Nah, just get a pair of Guinea pigs.. Fecking things can destroy grass, my lawn mower is all but redundant.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Blade

Post by Blade »

That won't work, his spiders would eat the guinea pigs (giggle)
Spudda
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650 aka 'Doris'

Post by Spudda »

Repaired the fence our lazy neighbours have left unattanded :^
It's Nice To Be Important BUT Its Important To Be Nice ©