What are you doing today ??

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Re: What are you doing today ??

Post by Cavetroll87 »

Contract says 3 weeks but she is forever telling candidates it doesn't matter Infact she did this afternoon lol had a little chuckle at the irony
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Congrats mate, really glad things seem to be panning out well for you...

I'll give you a shout when I'm ready to book the Brands track day ;)
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Bratty
Your Bike: Honda CB1000r

Post by Bratty »

Congratulations mate really pleased for you.
I get knocked down but i get up again.
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Nice one mate, great result... Happy days
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Top news CT! Really chuffed for you buddy! (clap)

As for your notice issue - if she has set a precedent with other employees you may do well to point that out to her, fwiw most places I've worked it's normally garden leave if you're going, not sure quite what she thinks she's going to gain by keeping someone in the workplace that doesn't want to be there; still if she was an able manager you wouldn't be changing jobs.
Cavetroll87

Post by Cavetroll87 »

all sorted thankfully, I start at my new place on the 8th, so 2 weeks left in this hell hole and then hopefully to better things! cheers for all the support guys very much appreciated!
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

I take it you won't be having a leaving party with them?
Cavetroll87

Post by Cavetroll87 »

no, id be surprised if I even get a card in all honesty, its gunna be a hard 2 weeks though I feel, they are already talking about me as if im not here, all seems very childish from some fully grown adults lol just reinforces why I was looking to leave before all this anyway, I might even be able to afford swapping the bike if I put in the hours in my new place
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

get a two week sick note for stress (devil)
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Took the kids up the the road behind us that looks over a Valley of the Blue Mountains to enjoy a sunset. Actually ended up stressing that they would fall down the rock face cause they wouldn't stay away from the edge.

Snapped this with the phone, crap image but you get the idea.
image.jpg
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

kiwikrasher wrote:...Snapped this with the phone, crap image but you get the idea.
(envy)
"Ossom.!"
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Wondering how much longer this IT system can stumble on before finally giving up the ghost and calling it a day.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

StMarks wrote:
kiwikrasher wrote:...Snapped this with the phone, crap image but you get the idea.
(envy)
"Ossom.!"
Here's the full view for you mate. It's a nice spot about 5 mins walk from home (if you cut thru' a paddock, which I haven't been keen to do since I saw a python disappear into the grass one day!)
image.jpg
The python in question
image.jpg
Mac
Your Bike: '04 Triumph Daytona

Post by Mac »

Well done Nik (y)
"When in doubt use full throttle. It may not improve the situation but it will end the suspense ".
Cavetroll87

Post by Cavetroll87 »

kiwikrasher wrote:
StMarks wrote:
(envy)
"Ossom.!"
Here's the full view for you mate. It's a nice spot about 5 mins walk from home (if you cut thru' a paddock, which I haven't been keen to do since I saw a python disappear into the grass one day!)
image.jpg
The python in question
image.jpg
Being honest mate I really wouldn't worry about the Python, can't tell what type it is from that photo but I'd guess one of the morelia genus which is the same as what I keep as pets as they are native to australia but at that size it doesn't even hurt that Much if they bite, a lot of blood just simply to the amount of teeth they have and you can milk it to family for sympathy (unless it's your own fault for keeping then in the house) but you'd be absolutely fine and if it happened to bite and not let go (very rare as that means it thinks you are food) don't try and pull it off as that would do a lot more damage to you and the snake, the best thing to do if possible is to pour water (strong alcohol actually works best but i doubt you carry spirits around while walking) over it or sometimes even just blowing on them can get them to release pretty quick bit generally would just be one quick bite and release in defense
ImageImage
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Bugger all. Watching the racing, doing some ironing, possibly washing the bike.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Sitting by my pool drinking a beer waiting for family to come for Sunday dinner and my nieces to stay for the week after a long week last week slabbing and digging 8)
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

mad barstard :D wrote:Being honest mate I really wouldn't worry about the Python, can't tell what type it is from that photo but I'd guess one of the morelia genus which is the same as what I keep as pets as they are native to australia but at that size it doesn't even hurt that Much if they bite, a lot of blood just simply to the amount of teeth they have and you can milk it to family for sympathy (unless it's your own fault for keeping then in the house) but you'd be absolutely fine and if it happened to bite and not let go (very rare as that means it thinks you are food) don't try and pull it off as that would do a lot more damage to you and the snake, the best thing to do if possible is to pour water (strong alcohol actually works best but i doubt you carry spirits around while walking) over it or sometimes even just blowing on them can get them to release pretty quick bit generally would just be one quick bite and release in defense
Fark that!

I'd really rather not get bitten by anything, but we also have King Browns and Red Bellied Blacks in the area, so after getting confirmation that snakes were hanging around in the field ( before that I had chosen not to think about it ) I decided to not shortcut thru' there anymore. There used to be a well kept path, but in the last year it's become overgrown.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Chilling. Spent most of the day on the beach, now sat with a beer while the kids burn off what little energy they have left.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Mac
Your Bike: '04 Triumph Daytona

Post by Mac »

Finishing the Sheetrock in my garage. Sanding the top coat tomorrow and then on to primer-which is as far as I'm going. Then on to building a workbench and organizing my tools. Hope to haven't done by this weekend, as I have some friends visiting to ride bikes and guzzle beer (beer)
"When in doubt use full throttle. It may not improve the situation but it will end the suspense ".