What are you doing today ??

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Re: What are you doing today ??

Post by Blade »

It's personal choice Duke nothing more. For some people they work, meet their needs and tick the ownership boxes that appeal to them, for others they dont make sense at all, but I guess thats why Audi make a range of cars to appeal to all tastes, needs and wants.
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

I’ve haven’t owned an SUV either, however it may well be our next car. Mrs Gee is the primary driver, and after driving a people carrier for years, going to our Golf was a shock, initially due to the extra tech, but then the driving position. It seems she, like a lot of her friends prefers a higher driving position, seat adjustment isn’t enough to fix the problem, so depending on her thoughts in a year or two I suspect we’ll be looking at one of the smaller SUV’s on the market.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

It is personal choice, i get that but i don't understand why they are so popular.

As a driving experience and in terms of running costs they are at the wrong end of the scale for me.

Deegee, i would check on the higher driving position before spending the cash, as on the road i didn't notice much difference.
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

I’ve already had her sit in a Tiguan a few weeks back whilst we were in VW picking up the car after a service and repairs, she liked the height of the driving position, the rest of the car is not unlike the Golf, the other contenders are the Kuga and Yeti.

Personally I’d avoid an SUV like the plague, they’re heavier, less fuel efficient and with no real benefit other than driving height, but I don’t drive it to work and back every day, so it’s Mrs Gee I need to keep happy.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

duke63 wrote:It is personal choice, i get that but i don't understand why they are so popular.

As a driving experience and in terms of running costs they are at the wrong end of the scale for me.

Deegee, i would check on the higher driving position before spending the cash, as on the road i didn't notice much difference.
Why are they popular? That bird/bloke who's got a lot of money drives one so we have to have one too. Starts in the circles where money doesn't matter too much and the sheeple soon follow..

Look at the iPhone, Apple have it to a few celebs to wave about an then everyone had to have one.

As for the driving position, the mini SUVs don't have that much an advantage but trust me the Outlander does.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Blade

Post by Blade »

At Old Trafford for the first time this season and some noticeable changes regards security.

You obviously expect a high Police presence but the first secuirty barrier and bag search is a good 150m before the satdium and then at each turn stile entrance there is a solid wall of stewards before you get fenced down channels to pass through airport style metal detectors and a bag search. You even have to go through metal detectors and a full search / pat down / Thrisk to go in the merchandise store.

How society has changed for the worse regards secuirty and public safety (n)
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

Working, was going to the gym on my lunch break but they've begged me to do some overtime on a route that i very rarely do, so it will be a change and the money will come in handy.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Went to B&Q for some paint test pots but ended up in NEXT with a new suit and a winter coat (wasntme) not sure how that happened but my missus is dangerous shopping (giggle)
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Spending the day at hospital getting a bunch of pre-op testing done. Quite an in depth Physio assessment just finished, apparently so if the surgeon screws up my spine they know by how much (lol).

Not long now!
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Hope everything goes alright Kiwi

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Yesterday finished my first full rota back at work. I finished yesterday in the morning and stayed up 34 hours from the previous day of getting up! I was felt the world spinning I was F'd!! It will get easier after next couple of rotas.

Glad it's over and done with now very ready for my days off!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

Final push to get some plastic moulded parts finished. I started this project during my apprenticeship, left for 2 years then came back to it in the exact same state as when I left.

The frustrating moment when the new parts measure better than the old parts and this causes fitment issues for backwards compatibility (headbang)
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Taking the car for its MOT which may or maybe not "slightly" overdue (bandit)

It passed.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Booked my dog in to have his knackers removed. He's going to hate me on Thursday evening (angel)
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

(rolf) (rolf) (rolf)

Put yourself in his position....wouldn't you??
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

91611457-8F7E-4AA2-95D8-56B47E6A0206.jpeg
Currently taking the tree down.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

Why are the buns grey?!

I'm feeling sorry for myself today after working until 9 last night. Got to do the same tonight too
bb41
Your Bike: GSXR750

Post by bb41 »

Packing house moving boxes fairly quickly... my buyer and I have sat patiently for 7 weeks now ( my buyer has been in an air BnB since first week in December) whilst our seller had to apply for adverse possession .. Everything had been done apart from this oversight on our sellers part . (They are ageing power of attorneys acting for an even more elderly aunt in a care home)
Finally get a notification from Land Registry the land was now registered on Xmas eve ..great news well should have been if our sellers could ever bother to get in touch with their solicitor or answer the phone

Exchange arranged for last Friday ..time moves on and nothing, 4.00 and my solicitor tells me sellers want to go through all the paper work again over the weekend ... what rubbish , they effectively done a first registration on the house agreeing there was no garden included ...now the garden is the most important part as it's not just a small back garden it's a bloody huge area of land to put my pigs and ducks in so of no use to me without it . hence the adverse possession on the extra land...fools

Long weekend was spent pacing, drinking wine and trying to count down the hours to Monday ... 7.45 my solicitor calls and said she will keep pushing this morning as my buyers specifically wanted 14th Jan to complete .. well as we need about a weeks worth of work done outside the new property to install fencing and animal housing in land that is so overgrown this would be pushing it so need exchange first thing to get contractors to go in as soon as

midday comes and goes and finally PA's get in touch and say they will sign contract Tuesday (shocked) thought this had been done... frantic call to their solicitor and she is totally exhausted and tells us that it has been signed and she is trying to get the PA's to just give the consent to exchange ASAP ..I think she was nearly ready to forget consent and go ahead anyway

Finally 3.30 the deed was done but my buyers insisted 14th so packing up the rest of my things . Mr BB taking everything the removals won't take and things he doesn't want them to take back to Oxford today, tomorrow , Saturday and Sunday

Removals coming in Friday for most of the stuff and Monday for the rest but I am not looking forward to transporting pigs, ducks, turkeys, hens , budgie, tortoise and 6 dogs on Monday 80 miles down the A40 from Hereford back home to Oxford

From putting on the market to accepting an offer about 48 hours, to do the normal enquiries a week all finished in 4 weeks including searches , nearly 2 months getting adverse possession ...never again, this is move number 3 in 4 years and has to be the last for a while
Live each day as your last as one day you'll be right !!
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Jeez, that's enough to put anyone off moving again.

I hope you soon settle into your new home.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Painting my lads room. Hope he's pleased when he gets home from school.