What are you doing today ??

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Re: What are you doing today ??

Post by C00kiemonster »

duke63 wrote:
C00kiemonster wrote:
duke63 wrote:Not allowed photos as it was Bruntingthorpe.

A friend who has a ten year old Bentley Continental Gt was invited to the launch of the new GT and Bentayga. We did a bit of offroad in the Bentayga and then took the Bentayga and new GT round the track.

The GTs were pre production models and will be crushed as soon the car is on sale. So sad and such a waste to allow that to happen though i understand their reasoning from a purely selfish point of view.

625bhp and 664 ib-ft of torque means the engine will spin the wheels at 60mph just by flooring the throttle even with the electronics switched on.. :D

Have to confess the lady with me was really good to. She tried to teach me some racing tricks once she saw i was not some numpty with loads of money and no sense and knew even just a little about race tracks and riding fast bikes. Think i fell a little in love (h) :D
Cool. Did you at least get her name so we can google this lovely? :D
She said her name was Abbie.

Just looked up female race drivers named Abbie.

Check out Abbie Eaton. No wonder she knew what she was talking about.
Your a lucky boy - great looking girl and super fast, probably more so than most blokes given her pedigree - she's a bright future in front of her.

Born in 1992 pisses me off though - makes me feel so old :( Nearest i'd get to a girl like that now is thai brides :D
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Driving a BMW with run flat tyres.

In Belgium with a puncture no spare and no tyres available locally until Monday. We are booked on Eurostar tomorrow (blush)

I've salvaged a temporary repair with my repair kit I carry in the boot.

Hopefully get back to Blighty and deal with it then, but for now eating a well earned meal with my family and getting pissed (rock) the puncture can be tomorrow problem.......hopefully anyway :?
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Blade wrote:Driving a BMW with run flat tyres.

In Belgium with a puncture no spare and no tyres available locally until Monday. We are booked on Eurostar tomorrow (blush)

I've salvaged a temporary repair with my repair kit I carry in the boot.

Hopefully get back to Blighty and deal with it then, but for now eating a well earned meal with my family and getting pissed (rock) the puncture can be tomorrow problem.......hopefully anyway :?
FWIW I've got run flats (hate the decking things), had a puncture for a couple of weeks before realising what the warning light meant... They did say that you shouldn't repair them, I got a second puncture on a virtually brand new tyre (gag)
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Blade

Post by Blade »

Cheers Nutz (y)

They are repairable just certain national tyre company's won't repair regardless of the actual damage for fear of legal action.

Reality is as long as it is repaired to a British standard it is fine.

In Fairness the tyres are closed to finished so if we can, fingers crossed get home drama free it's no biggy.......hopefully anyway :?
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Booked myself in on the Silverstone Ducati trackday at the end of May.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Sports massage after work. Feck that hurt, I know it's for my benefit and it will do a lot of good, but feck it hurt.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Booked flights to Italy for July.

Managed to arrange a joint family holiday with a couple of days at WDW at Misano too. :D
Blade

Post by Blade »

Time Travel (giggle)

Left Calais at 1236. Arrived at Folkstone at 1210 (happy)
Blade

Post by Blade »

Went to a Porsche Dealer open day in York's.

Was on an industrial estate with a high end car detailer next door.

Had a good chat with the mechanics and picked the detailers brains.

Looked at some very special , mega expensive cars and scoffed aload of free tea and biscuits.

Good afternoon out and even better thrash home (lol)
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Post by rocket »

Sounds like a good day. So you got home ok on the run flat ???
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
Blade

Post by Blade »

I got it repaired. Rang 3 tyre shops and no where in Ypres had a tyre so a repair was only option.
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

Today some plans fell through so I had a drive over to Alan Jeffries BMW Rotherham and saw the same guy that I bought the Multistrada from, after a coffee or 3 I had booked in for not one but 3x 2 hour test rides on Thursday...

R1200GS
R1200RS
and S1000xr

Much as I like and appreciate the MT-10 I have fallen out of love with it (a little) recently, just little niggles here and there like the seat lock seizing up and it's heavy thirst for fuel. The seat lock has been stripped as far as I could, freed up and packed with ACF Corrosion Block grease...

I will see what the shaftys are like then the mental XR, bar and peg vibes are my main concern with that one.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Keeping my head down. My boss has got 2 young children who don't always like to sleep. You can tell when they've decided it was a night to stay awake, because she goes on the warpath the next day at work.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Doing nowt. Bored as fcuk.
Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Post by Cavetroll87 »

Stonesie wrote:Today some plans fell through so I had a drive over to Alan Jeffries BMW Rotherham and saw the same guy that I bought the Multistrada from, after a coffee or 3 I had booked in for not one but 3x 2 hour test rides on Thursday...

R1200GS
R1200RS
and S1000xr

Much as I like and appreciate the MT-10 I have fallen out of love with it (a little) recently, just little niggles here and there like the seat lock seizing up and it's heavy thirst for fuel. The seat lock has been stripped as far as I could, freed up and packed with ACF Corrosion Block grease...

I will see what the shaftys are like then the mental XR, bar and peg vibes are my main concern with that one.
Shame about the MT10, interesting though, I was saying to kwacky I'm a little disappointed with how the MT09 held up over the winter and funnily enough my under seat lock seized up literally yesterday, some wd40 seems to have sorted it for now, but ill keep a close eye on it
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Out with my brother for a meal and a much needed catch up. I've not seen him for a while. I need to congratulate him on me being an uncle again. He and his wife are expecting a boy in September.
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

Today I am taking my elderly parents to see relatives at the coast, it's landed on a very nice day for it.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Sweating. It's got hot here quite quickly and even Europe has had a crappy winter, so i'm not used to it yet this year. Getting the shades and summer furniture out - Summer in April! 29 degrees today.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Helped an old dude on a Royal Enfield.

Came round a bend and bike and biker are lying in the road on a blind bend. Not a good sight.

Long story short he was a old gentleman, got the bike in 3rd gear for a 1st gear corner, bike bogged down and he lost his balance.

Not much damaged to bike or rider. Helped him up. Righted his bike. Stayed with him and help treat for shock then followed him for a few miles to ensure he was ok and safe.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Popped down to Hayling Island today. What a lovely day. Dog played ball, had a nice walk along the beach, had a lunch out and finished off with an ice cream!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk