What are you doing today ??

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Re: What are you doing today ??

Post by Rossgo »

kiwikrasher wrote:
Rossgo wrote:
DaytonAndy wrote:I've just had an architect round to draw up plans to extend my house. Looks like I'm going to have to get rid of the Pani to free up some money (gah)
You still got plenty of time to own another one mate. House mods are always a good investment!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Go to the doctor Rossgo, you are speaking gibberish nonsense!!
ImageImageImage come to think of it what was i thinking!!

Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Packing and flying to Germany for work, I’m there all week.
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

Met up with some friends at Squires and by chance saw some other friends and all decided to make a day of it, 11 bikes in total made the ride up to Helmsley for a much needed coffee, Back through Pickering and on to Seaways cafe at Fridaythorpe then back to Squires. 180 miles all in for me.
Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Post by Cavetroll87 »

bit disappointed to be back in the office today after a good day Friday drinking at the bike show with my buddy. Although the show itself was a little flat for me, nothing really wowed me, there wasn't a particularly stand out bike for me, I still like the same bikes I liked before haha
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Well after all this time of bad guts and total pain and being uncomfortable for way to long I have finally got some answers. Not from the quacks they have been useless. But had some tests this afternoon to discover I have flora imbalance in my gut.
Some may know I have been, by default dropping various foods out of my system to see whats causing the issues, Gluten, Dairy, being two main ones, seems the be the main ones people mention. Well today I have the facts. The main foods which have caused all my issues are: Wheat, well I kinda knew this one, Yeast, so anything that is fermented foods, yes and drink! only fermented not distilled.... Some nuts not all. Dried fruit, mainly due to the processes to get it dried which involves yeast. MSG, another one which was obvious but now confirmed. A number of Legumes, (beans) and grapes are also a no no... who'd a thought grapes. However Cheese is out, but dairy is ok. I am amazed at what I learnt today.

I am so happy that I am on a path to wellness this has plagued me for ages now and has been getting right down, just having some insight as to what I need to do and what not do eat is a great plus. (nod)
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

But what about cake?
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Least you know Frankie so now you can be careful. How did this come about anyway?

Frankie

Post by Frankie »

Kwacky wrote:But what about cake?
Has to be gluten free....Lucy's does, so no problem there :) in fact they do the full English gluten free, even offered to cook the bangers in a separate pan....just can't have mushrooms anymore either.

Ross - it just happens, bodies change, chemical imbalances, bit of a kick in the teeth as I could basically eat anything to now having to be mindful of what I throw down my neck.
Just wished I had these tests sooner....
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

Unexpected training day on customer returns. Not sure what to expect but at least I can't say I'm not offered training opportunities :)
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

What does that mean.....customers who comes back because they're happy, or customers who come back and say "This thing doesn't work!!?"

???
Monty
Your Bike: 2010 ZX6R

Post by Monty »

Frankie wrote:
Has to be gluten free....Lucy's does, so no problem there :) in fact they do the full English gluten free, even offered to cook the bangers in a separate pan....just can't have mushrooms anymore either.

Ross - it just happens, bodies change, chemical imbalances, bit of a kick in the teeth as I could basically eat anything to now having to be mindful of what I throw down my neck.
The Eating House at Calver does Gluten free breakfast and cake ;)

Where did you get the test done Frankie, guessing not on the NHS?

Also where do you eat when you're out on the road? I'm living off Subway salads at the moment!
Monty™© MCMLXXII
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Frankie wrote:

I've been dealing with similar stomach issues and tried my best to ignore it all. My sister was over from the states and had all the same problems as i did, but had done something about it. Seems she also has a yeast intolerance but not gluten. It kind of lined up with what was giving me grief so I've cut right back on yeaty stuff. It explained why i was having so much trouble with beer. I seem to be able to drink cider Ok as long as its a dry type, sweeter ones still cause me problems. Spirits as you say are fine (thank F**K!) My biggest loss is pizza. the bases combined with melted cheese (sperates out the oils and I have an issue with fats as well) brings me unstuck terribly. I've recently stopped long term nexium use and have been managing with natural remedies and the odd gaviscon tablet.

All this has been haphazard guess work, i really do need to do a proper food sensitivity test like yourself and get on top of it all properly.

Getting old sucks
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
D41

Post by D41 »

You could comsider a more vegan oriented diet, maybe??

Margherita pizza without the cheese is pretty damn delicious, all things considered. There's also plenty of healthier options regarding oils instead of plain old vegetable oil.....olive oil is usually the easiest option as it's healthier AND adds a good flavor...especially to bread-based foods.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

D41 wrote:You could comsider a more vegan oriented diet, maybe??

Margherita pizza without the cheese is pretty damn delicious, all things considered. There's also plenty of healthier options regarding oils instead of plain old vegetable oil.....olive oil is usually the easiest option as it's healthier AND adds a good flavor...especially to bread-based foods.
Vegan... no just shoot me instead.

I have no problem with meats as long as i don't go to hard on the spices these days. Dairy i have no problem with, it's just melting cheese separates the oily fat content an in large quantities that does me in. I seem to be able to handle a serve of cheese on toast ok.

LIke I said, I've been guessing up to this point, after i get my airways port and polished and healed up I'm onto my gut health properly.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
D41

Post by D41 »

I didn't mean become a vegan totally!!

I usually figure "go with what sounds good instead of what looks good".
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

Monty wrote:
Frankie wrote:

The Eating House at Calver does Gluten free breakfast and cake ;)

Where did you get the test done Frankie, guessing not on the NHS?

Also where do you eat when you're out on the road? I'm living off Subway salads at the moment!
Test was private locally. I dont tend to eat on the road much, seemed to have developed the need not to eat much during the day, even more since every time i did It caused problems, not great when you are three hours from home.

being Vegan has been mentioned above, however for me this not the answer, there is still alot of the wrong things in vegan food as well. I have gone through alot of the ingredients tonight of my food cupboards, even eating clean chicken and rice seems to have been a bad choice, my rice seem to have a ton of yeast extract... so now amended this for the next food delivery. The up shot is not rocket science, fresh veg and clean meat, chicken, steak is all good. I just need to stay away from highly processed foods, and again as I found out tonight interrogating the ingredients online of lots of foods, and sauces and spices I have been using on my chicken for example! there are a lot of things you just would not expect in certain foods. I know its bad I never really paid a great deal of attention, tonight i am a little wiser and hungrier than normal lol... but not bloated and not feeling like shit.
On ward and upward.
And when I have been out for meals i have opted for a sorbet for pud... that sucks as it the only thing I thought would not do me in, as I now know dairy is not an issue ice cream can be back on the menu :P . I even looked at the new B&J ice cream they do which is non dairy and vegan. Here are the ingredients. Cut and pasted - their words not mine!

Water, Sugar, Vegetable Oils (Coconut, Peanut, Sunflower), Peanut Paste and Pieces (9%), Glucose Syrup, Wheat Flour, Almond Paste (2%), Cocoa Powder, Pea Protein, Vanilla Extract, Emulsifiers (Sunflower Lecithin, Soy Lecithin), Salt, Raising Agent (Sodium Bicarbonate), Stabilisers (Guar Gum, Locust Bean Gum), Natural Flavouring, Sugar, Almonds, Cocoa, Vanilla: traded in compliance with Fairtrade Standards, total 22%

Dietary Information
Kosher

Suitable for Vegans

Contains Almonds

May Contain Nuts

Contains Peanuts

Contains Soya

Contains Wheat

Sorry did not want to drone on and high-jack the thread... (bandit) an obviously the above is out... but normal every day soft scoop is ok ha ha and cheaper (giggle)
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Been to look at a house.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Kwacky wrote:Been to look at a house.
Thinking of moving?
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Maybe. I'm not sure I can be arsed.
DaytonAndy
Your Bike: Daytona 675R

Post by DaytonAndy »

Kwacky wrote:Been to look at a house.
Does it have a garage?
I see more bikes in your future :D