What are you doing today ??

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
sir thomas blanchard
Your Bike: yamaha xj600
Location: 10 miles west of aylesbury bucks at thame which is just in oxfordshire.

Re: What are you doing today ??

Post by sir thomas blanchard »

boring topic of the day, thanks kwacky and cave for commenting - skoda purchase

crumbs i didn't realise what a load of slimeballs dealers were, of course i should have known, but a skoda dealer, you expect better of them don't you what with all the pensioners and other innocents that come through their doors.

anyway today's escallation is that i contacted skoda uk to see if i can get my money back under the consumer protection act 2015, the woman was sympathetic but said that she would have to see the contract of sale. not especially helpfu/hopefull i and don't expect a result but it may, just may pressurise the dealership slightly...or not.
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

I had similar at a Seat dealer a little while back, a cracked windscreen and a couple of non working bits were guaranteed to be put right before I picked it up. So I put off signing anything until the day.
Showed up and made a beeline for the car, cracked windscreen still present, and a fresh scrape on the rear NS wheel arch/door, none of the faults fixed and they got all shouty when I mentioned all this then refused to just buy it anyway and let my insurance sort it out.... Stoneacer Seat Doncaster folks. When things don't go well for them expect to find sales chimps between you and the door.

Back to today, the toaster we got on Monday had to go back and we got an upgraded one which actually toasts bread. and that's about it. Ill health kept me away from the gym this morning and waiting for delivery's kept me around in the afternoon. I'm sure the bike tutted at me when I went into the garage.
sir thomas blanchard
Location: 10 miles west of aylesbury bucks at thame which is just in oxfordshire.

what is it with these sales people, in my case it would have cost them £100 to put the windscreen right and say £60 to put right the misleading advertisement which was their mistake but no they have to agrue the toss, go into denial mode and deliberately misinterpret everything you say which, in the end, costs them much more plus no goodwill and eventually i will probably chalk up a nice negative for them on google. do they care though?
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Well I was doing the ironing while I was catching up with my TV shows, but the iron has decided to call it a day.

On the plus side I now know what I'm getting my wife fro Christmas.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Laundry.

And general housecleaning BS.
Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Post by Cavetroll87 »

Had a really busy weekend planned but thats all gone out the window as the mrs has come down with another sickness bug, i really really pray i dont catch it, ive got 4 exams monday morning that its far too late to rearrange :(
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

C00kiemonster wrote:
StMarks wrote:
C00kiemonster wrote:Trying to get my car fixed. Went bang on the motorway today, ....
(shocked) Your lovely Jag just went bang .?
No, the trusty Ford Mondeo. She's not well. The jag is tucked up in her garage, plus the dog doesnt fit in it :D

I could do with the Ford carrying on for another year or two, but i'm not spending a fortune sorting her out. I just hope it's an easy and relatively inexpensive job to get us home, otherwise I'm flying back :D

Will find out tomorrow morning. The garage i've found seems to be an honest lot and I know my way round a car, so hopefully not a piss take.
It seems the catalytic converter has exploded and it detached itself from the manifold. It did make a big bang (doh) Parts ordered, not cheap :(
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I' ve been out and bought a new iron, if that makes you feel any better?
Short Fat and Stupid
Your Bike: ZZR1400, XR50 X1, 250 X7, NC30, MT09.

Post by Short Fat and Stupid »

What's..... an Iron ?
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Kwacky wrote:I' ve been out and bought a new iron, if that makes you feel any better?
Absolutely - my day has just improved immeasurably :D
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Short Fat and Stupid wrote:What's..... an Iron ?
It's a "Who-wears-the-pants-around-here" indicator/apparatus.

Or so I've heard.....
sir thomas blanchard

re ongoing complaint about 'new' skoda - a result, they are going to replace the defective windscreen and have offerred two free services to boot.

now then, this is a complete turn round from the dealership's previous stance,

i think what did it was the few glasses of baileys last night, about midnight i found a customer freedback link on the companies head office site. Gave them both barrels - they must have rung their suboridinate dealership this morning hence the concessions.

yippee doo dah zippity day
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

That's a result, just make sure you don't use that dealer for the free services.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I' ve had to do a Christmas list. I hate doing lists. I love that people may want to get me presents, but I'm really not bothered by them. I'm a ball ache to buy for. I don't get excited by opening presents. Just leave me to buy presents for people without them feeling like they've got to get me something in return.
sir thomas blanchard

well it's nice that people want to buy you a present - Christmas is really for children tbh but it's always good to get a pleasant surprise

when i was at work the xmas period was great as everything slowed down and then started up slowly again so it was a welcome rest,

now i'm retired it just seems like any other time -

you know the pensioner thing about every day being similar, not knowing what day it is and being surprised when you find it's the w/e.

what a state to get into eh?
sir thomas blanchard

Kwacky wrote:That's a result, just make sure you don't use that dealer for the free services.
thanks matey - i think i've got to go back to that dealership unfortunately

i'm just really pleased to get what i think of as justice, those people really got me down with their horrible prevarication.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Today I took the boy swimming, we had a great laugh. So nice to just be able to have some fun time with him.

Now am standing in the cold waiting for my brother to pay with his band.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
sir thomas blanchard

just come back from the local bike meet, i can understand the poor turnout in this drizzy rain, slippery roads with impatient monster car drivers tailgaiting you in their impatience at me holding them up being cautious although not that slow, they just want to blast everywhere taking henry to rugby and ophelia to horse riding i expect, late as usual.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

sir thomas blanchard wrote:re ongoing complaint about 'new' skoda - a result, they are going to replace the defective windscreen and have offerred two free services to boot.

now then, this is a complete turn round from the dealership's previous stance,

i think what did it was the few glasses of baileys last night, about midnight i found a customer freedback link on the companies head office site. Gave them both barrels - they must have rung their suboridinate dealership this morning hence the concessions.

yippee doo dah zippity day
Great result Tom, but may I suggest that you try to get those free services as "transferable tokens for", rather than hand the dealership the perfect opportunity to extract revenge & reimbursement down the line. ;)
sir thomas blanchard

yes i wish i could stmarks but i suspect it is an internal cross budget deal if i can remember much from the way my previous employer worked, clever, creative or imaginative accounting i think it is known as. however it is 20k miles to the next service amazingly so perhaps the manager that i dealt with may have moved on and anyway they hand all that over to the service side as opposed to sales but i know you mean why give the dealership the money.

actually i got a much better outcome than i was expecting so i don't mind so much, just releived that the whole torrid, stressful and time consuming experience is over.

It was a case of nice car shame about the dealership. You'll think me a complete nutter but the feeling of being short chamged, duped and decieved was so strong that i was strangely glad to see the dog's honest little face when i got it, yes it was really that bad so you see why i am glad it's all over and especially now it is resolved in my favour. Mind you, I've only got emails todate, I need to get proper letter headed confirmation because you can't trust that bunch.

here's the dog incidentally:-