Syria, Immigrants and world politics.

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Syria, Immigrants and world politics.

Post by Kwacky »

I see the news papers and social media is full of the refugee crisis. Parties have taken a stance, either we must help these people because they're fleeing a war, or they're sleepr ISIS terrorists here to claim our benefits before they kill us in our sleep.

A lot of these migrants are from Syria, which is being torn apart by a civil war. There are lots of factions, including government troops and various tribes and groups. The picture is hard to decipher and it's unlikely there will be a clear winner.

I'm sure you've heard of the Golan Heights. Israel has stolen a chunk of it. It belongs to Syria.

Construction of Israeli settlements began in the remainder of the territory held by Israel, which was under military administration until Israel passed the Golan Heights Law extending Israeli law and administration throughout the territory in 1981. This move was condemned by the United Nations Security Council in UN Resolution 497,[15][2] which said that "the Israeli decision to impose its laws, jurisdiction and administration in the occupied Syrian Golan Heights is null and void and without international legal effect." Israel asserts it has a right to retain the Golan, citing the text of UN Resolution 242, which calls for "safe and recognised boundaries free from threats or acts of force". However, the international community reject Israeli claims to title to the territory and regards it as sovereign Syrian territory.

Israeli Prime Ministers Yitzhak Rabin, Ehud Barak, and Ehud Olmert each stated that they were willing to exchange the Golan for peace with Syria. However, in 2010, Israeli foreign minister Avigdor Lieberman told Syria to abandon its dreams of recovering the Golan Heights.

Apologies for a cut and paste from Wiki, but that sums up the picture.

Israel has granted oil exploration rights inside Syria, in the occupied Golan Heights, to Genie Energy. Major shareholders of Genie Energy – which also has interests in shale gas in the United States and shale oil in Israel – include Rupert Murdoch and Lord Jacob Rothschild. The first licences given were to a company part owned by Dick Cheney.

http://www.jpost.com/Business-and-Innov ... ect-410515" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There's a lot of oil out there. The US backed Israel is allowed to take the Golan Heights oil, which belongs to Syria, because Syria is being torn apart internally.

It always comes back to money.

The flames of the current crisis started back in 2006. Guess whivh two countries blocked the ceasefire? The US and the UK.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Re: Syria, Immigrants and world politics.

Post by Blade »

The unpopular truth is we as Humans will always argue over territory, power, wealth, natural resources, political influence, or absolutely anything that makes us greater, stronger or more powerful than our neighbours. We have done it since we were put on this planet and we will do it until we are removed from the face of it however that comes.

Not saying the above is right but imo it is true and although I would always welcome helping someone in need personally our governments and leaders will always act divided from other leaders.

Our whole structure of cultures, countries and religions divide us and unfortunately I dint think we will ever be United as a single human race, the roots of divs ion are already too deeply established.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

To be honest i'm sick of hearing about the whole thing.

I never watch news programmes now and wish i could even turn off the news bulletins on the radio.

I feel desperately sorry for those genuine people who have been made homeless and in fear of their lives through the actions of ISIS, the Syrian government and those in the Western World who simply want to make money out of it all. The photos of those drowned trying to escape their own countries should shame any politician anywhere but it seems its not the case.

I have no trust or faith in any politicians in this country or the USA and as it stands I would not cast a vote in another election in this country as they are all part of the same problem...and I would include Corbyn in that who seems to have some links to very suspect individuals in the Middle East.

I'm also sick and tired of seeing some of the very dubious posts on facebook about it.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

duke63 wrote:To be honest i'm sick of hearing about the whole thing.

Sorry, was simply inviting a discussion about a topical subject.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

That wasn't aimed at you, Kwacky, just the TV and radio coverage and Facebook rants. They seem unable to talk about anything else.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Taylor swifts got a new hat
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

a lot of these refugees are nothing more than economic migrants , the father of the dead boy on the beach had lived in Turkey for a number of years apparently , as far as I am aware Turkey is not at war , so he left for economic reasons and it cost him and his family dearly, also I see pictures on the news of "refugees" and they are better dressed than me and have smartphones I cannot afford to buy , I am not heartless but we should put all these people into some sort of confinement so we can find out exactly who they are and where they are from , only then can we decide on a proper course of action based on facts .
duke63

Post by duke63 »

Perkles wrote:Taylor swifts got a new hat

looks good :D

Blade

Post by Blade »

Jack wrote:a lot of these refugees are nothing more than economic migrants , the father of the dead boy on the beach had lived in Turkey for a number of years apparently , as far as I am aware Turkey is not at war , so he left for economic reasons and it cost him and his family dearly, also I see pictures on the news of "refugees" and they are better dressed than me and have smartphones I cannot afford to buy , I am not heartless but we should put all these people into some sort of confinement so we can find out exactly who they are and where they are from , only then can we decide on a proper course of action based on facts .
Absolutely spot on Jack (clap)
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

It's a difficult subject to find middle ground. I am concerned about turning people away but I'm also concerned about opening the floodgates. Syria has a population of around 20 million. Surely our money, European money and money from middle east countries would be better spent setting up new areas of settlement closer to home, away from the fighting but close enough to return when the fighting ends?
TonyB
Your Bike: Tiger 800XC, Honda CB500

Post by TonyB »

Like a couple of cruise liners anchored in the med for them?
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

With a free bar and all day buffet?
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

im going
TonyB
Your Bike: Tiger 800XC, Honda CB500

Post by TonyB »

The free bar will be a bit pants. Islam forbids alcohol amongst other things.
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

good. I am rubbish with hangovers these days.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Does it allow jelly shots ?
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

no beer and no pork scratchings and no bacon butties in the morning either --- I'm out .
Blade

Post by Blade »

Can you have them in the afternoon ?

Is there like a pork curfew until midday or something ?
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Listen to this guy. The interview is a couple of years old but relates to current issues

http://www.trueactivist.com/must-watch- ... =antimedia" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Blade

Post by Blade »

Apparently Isis are trying to get their hands on radioactive material for a dirty bomb according to this.

http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breakin ... 015/06/01/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

One things for sure this problem is going to get a lot worse and then it's going to kick of good style.