Facebook users

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Facebook users

Post by Kwacky »

Facebook users offended by a Facebook feature they decided to use, on Facebook.

What's Facebook supposed to do, know which people are no longer with us and remove the photos?

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style ... 47510.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Re: Facebook users

Post by D41 »

I don't know what Facebook is???

Is it a good book??
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

People just want to moan and in all honesty prob want money so there end up sueing thinking there's a case there.

PS did not read the article only the title so don't really know what the ins and outs are
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Long and short. People uploaded their photos to Facebook, Facebook then showed them the photos they uploaded in the year. People complained about Facebook showing then the photos they'd uploaded.

One of the biggest complaints is about photos of people lost recently. I can appreciate that this isn't nice, but how is computer meant to know.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

What a load of whinging arses..... the photos are what people have uploaded themselves, the feature is used if they choose to use it and they can edit it before they use it if they choose to.

Seriously !!!!! (facepalm)
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Nutz thanks for the briefed up version. Frankie totally agree!!
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

(wait) A lad I know who is a face-ache addict was wittering about the fact that they had done his year overview.
They started it with a cheesburger & he's put on about 2 stone this year. (giggle)
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

Ha ha that made me spit out my irish coffee ha ha.... Mine was full of cake and bikes and nothing else, I am assessing my year a little closer lol.
I cannot be bothered to edit it or post it.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

the problem is the increasing population of people that don't accept responsibility for anything that happens in there life, it's always someone else's fault. As Nutz has pointed out, it's all their own doing completely. Facebook has provided a service you opted for, stop your f*cking whinging!
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

I'm going to play Devils advocate here.
The main point of the article, that I could see, is that the pictures come up on your newsfeed whether you want them to or not. It is THEN your choice to make it public, but either way you are still faced with the picture. That isn't a service you opt for unless you make it public.

So if you've had a child die this year and have charted it through FB, imagine how you'd feel if you log in, see a picture of your kid in a hospital bed accompanied by the tag line "Here's what your year looked like".

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be charting a child's suffering through FB, nor would I whinge about it if I had. I just think the point of the article has been missed.

My picture was turd. I didn't share it.
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

I understand what you are saying, but if the users felt that strongly would you not remove the photos you (as the user) have posted in the first place anyway as it is a reminder of something so sad like that.

As we are all aware How the FB site works, it throws up old posts and photos throughout the year anyway, seen so many, "Joe Bloggs liked this post" and you see a post for jan or whenever, so they do it all year round.

just my two pence worth.
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

True. But then most of us on Tankslap are normal-ish, and wouldn't consider bitching to the press if something like that happened!
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

Itchy wrote:True. But then most of us on Tankslap are normal-ish,
are you sure we're members of the same forum ???
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Itchy wrote:True. But then most of us on Tankslap are normal-ish, and wouldn't consider bitching to the press if something like that happened!
Speak for yourself....
D41

Post by D41 »

Isn't FB all just about seeking attention to some degree or other?? I mean, I suppose I realize that it can be a way to interact with others, but I don't get it when people blab on about having 367 followers or whatever...you sure as feck don't have that many friends??
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Darren you have a point about this whole got X amount of friends. I got rid of a fair few people because they were people I knew from school and I never chatted to them. When I looked they had a thousand friends. Then I realised they were adding people from nights out on Friday and Saturday nights. WTF, why would you want people to know stuff about you that you don't even know. When my bike got nicked I also deleted people who could have been 'friends' with the thieves as anyone can see your profile.

Now mine is locked to anyone (should be at least) and I only have people who I actually chat to or people that I actually see only.

It's quite scary as all you have to do is write your name into Google and a whole heap of information pops up.

Just realised this has turned into more of a rant. Sorry to anyone who is reading this!
D41

Post by D41 »

Yeah......I looked up an ex on Google simply on the "I wonder what ever happened to????" premise, and almost immediately found out her married name, where she lives, etc.....scary, really.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Some people do use facebook to collect friends in the hundreds. I don't understand why you would accept every friend request.

I keep my numbers limited. I use it to keep in touch with mates, not to play games. It's useful.
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

Yep I agree, I seem to get requests every so often from people I have no clue of who they are! I dont except them lol... well unless its a tasty lady obviously ;)
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Yup. FB is useful but I don't post what I'm doing every hour of every day, which some do. That's annoying.