£12 billion found for fatties

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
beermonster
Your Bike: Between two wheeled victims

Re: £12 billion found for fatties

Post by beermonster »

I think it's the fact I'm one of the perceived fatties with diabetes that I've got a bee in my bonnet! :D

As for you Darren I'm also about 5'10ish but I'm 17 stone. I could snap you like a twig! (devil)
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

I'm also a fatty but it's because I like food and eat to much,I also excercise but can't lose any more weight
I wouldn't resort to surgey unless it was to reduce the size of my hobbit feet
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

i would have lipo, because I'm a lazy bastard, but I wouldn't have something that limits how much food I can ram into my cakehole.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

My SIL had the gastric band thing done.....she was a BIG lass......the change was monumental....she was a solid 300-325lb, and dropped at least 100lb in the first 6 months....if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I wouldn't have believed it.

Then she got pregnant and gained it all back....and then moved to Cincinnati or some other cold place where all there is to do is eat.

Guys.....take Darren's #1 dating rule seriously....Never, EVER, date a girl who weighs more than you do...it's good advice!!
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

duke63 wrote:Wife persuaded me to try her weightwatchers plan a couple of years ago. Its eye-opening on what our calorie intake should be and what we can/could consume.

And also how much energy we need to use up to work off the calories from certain snacks.

The missing thing in all this is education of what we can and can't eat and should and shouldn't eat.

A gastric band is not solving the problem...for anyone.
Calorie intake monitoring is the key for me too Duke when I've let the weight get away. I like to be around 70 kgs, but slipped up to 77 at the mo'. I use an app called my fitnesspal as a food diary. It's bloody cool, you can scan a bar code to get all the information on the food and add it to your log. Also online on the full site add a recipe URL and it'll import the lot for you so you don't have to enter in the ingredients seperately.

It's the only way I stay honest, is to have the facts there in front of me, I'm trying to maintain 1500 cal/day at mo'

Here's a couple of screen captures. Lots more to it but worth a look if anyone would find this sort of thing useful.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
D41

Post by D41 »

Oh god....what's a feckin' KG??

I mean, how does that work....you don't stroll up to some chick in a bar and say you have a 160mm cock, FFS!!

Well, I suppose you could, but I wouldn't.
beermonster
Your Bike: Between two wheeled victims

Post by beermonster »

D41 wrote:Oh god....what's a feckin' KG??

Kampfgruppen = German for bomber group! :D
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

21g of light n tasty Coon.....???
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

Ive always eaten what I liked and was fairly stable until about 5 yrs ago and then I gained 10kg and a couple of inches girth but Ive not done anything about it and so far it hasnt got any worse
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

I mean, how does that work....you don't stroll up to some chick in a bar and say you have a 160mm cock, FFS!!

You really are random sometimes (most times actually) Darren. I'm completely sure you know what a Kg is (2.2 lb) and unlike the two places I know you've lived in, a fair portion of us in the rest of the world use metric. So the norm in Australia/NZ is to state weight in Kilograms.

And if I walked up to a chick in a bar I wouldn't be showing off about a 160mm cock regardless of which unit of measure I used to describe it :P
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Jack wrote:21g of light n tasty Coon.....???
Slice of cheese. It's a well known Aussie brand. Low fat but still really tasty and comes pre-sliced, but it's not that rubbery artificial crap.
D41

Post by D41 »

kiwikrasher wrote:

You really are random sometimes (most times actually) Darren. I'm completely sure you know what a Kg is (2.2 lb) and unlike the two places I know you've lived in, a fair portion of us in the rest of the world use metric. So the norm in Australia/NZ is to state weight in Kilograms.

And if I walked up to a chick in a bar I wouldn't be showing off about a 160mm cock regardless of which unit of measure I used to describe it :P
"Random??".....that's a first!!

No....when I was growing up we learned metric & Imperial, but everything went by the old Imperial system....then I had to learn the American Standard, which I've used ever since...it's pretty similar. But KG and stuff I really can't remember....hey, it's been 25 years dude, and I've never needed metric for weights, liquids, etc....I think on scales of 12, because when I was working, all I did was measure & cut, and everything we do is based on 12's....or divisibles or multiples of that.

PS....thanks....I thought a KG was 4.6 lbs or sommit....or is that a litre??
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Just going back to the OP for a moment, my Brother runs part of the local National Health equipment supply accounts dept, their budget is dominated by the supply of "Bariatric" equipment to the extremely large in our society. Beds are custom made and cost thousands, the same with extra wide chairs, commodes and strengthened bathroom kit. They also have to supply the bed lifts to move these people in & out of their beds, that requires building alterations to allow ceiling mounted "cranes" with a rail so they can be lifted out and moved from room to room. Everything they use is specially made and supplied at our expense and it is killing the budget, and it is increasing year on year.

Those costs along with the labour costs of looking after the really colossal in our society are what this £12 billion is designed to reduce, as Monty pointed out its cheaper to deal with the issue rather than the effects. I don't think it's designed to deal with the person that is struggling to lose a couple of stone, it seems to me that it's aimed at the needy, irresponsible eaters with zero will power in society.

Here's another thought, a millennia or two ago those of us that struggle to keep their weight down now would have been the healthiest specimens - they extract every last bit of goodness out of whatever they eat despite it being low on calories, those of us that stay thin regardless of what we eat would probably have died of malnutrition/infant mortality on the poor diet available back then. So a thousand years ago being able to put on weight easily would have been seen as healthy and thin as unhealthy, funny how decent nutrition and a longer life span have completely reversed that perception.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

The biggest issue here is that the NHS cannot continue to function in its current form. .

Its already on the brink of collapse due to the fact its trying to be an all encompassing health service for all people, which its just not possible to fund in the current era.
D41

Post by D41 »

duke63 wrote:The biggest issue here is that the NHS cannot continue to function in its current form. .

Its already on the brink of collapse due to the fact its trying to be an all encompassing health service for all people, which its just not possible to fund in the current era.
Little bit of reduction in military spending could probably solve all that.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

The missing tax from the likes of Amazon, Google, Vodafone etc would more than cover it.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

The UK goverment's exenditure on interest repayments on its borrowings next year will be growing higher than its NHS spending over the coming years.

£133 billion on the NHS and £52 billion on interest on loans. Bear in mind this is the interest only and not repaying any of the capital.

By 201 interest repayments are forecast to be over £60 billion.

Edited for misinformation :D
D41

Post by D41 »

Kwacky wrote:The missing tax from the likes of Amazon, Google, Vodafone etc would more than cover it.
i

Are these taxes these companies have been a break on to encourage them to do business in the UK, taxes they are avoiding, or a combination of the two??
duke63

Post by duke63 »

Taxes they are evading.
D41

Post by D41 »

Evasion is different to avoidance....one is illegal, the other is not......are these companies exploiting loopholes in the tax code, or blatantly flaunting the law?? Either way, end of the day, HM Govt. has to held accountable to some degree...either for not closing the loopholes, or not prosecuting.