Weekend Plans

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
bb41
Your Bike: GSXR750

Re: Weekend Plans

Post by bb41 »

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1955181 ... p-header-1
My photography is not good but a few basic items that I can knock up in a day.

I don't sell the more intricate stuff as I don't want to have to do it and some of them can take all weekend especially when I etch in an acid base first.

Sadly the base sheet materials are getting more and more expensive and making conical silver is not only dangerous (re :thumb accident) but wasteful as well , so I give to the animal charity forums for fund raising and keep the more elaborate chains for my daughters or friends .

It really is a therapy rather than anything else, I can spend all day with the radio on and my hammer and blow torches :)
Live each day as your last as one day you'll be right !!
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Casper wrote:Going the Post Office AGAIN to see if the feckers have stopped striking, so I can collect a package from DeeGee :(
Wish I'd known Casper, I'd have sent it via a courier, that's well over a month now isn't it?
Tricky
Your Bike:

Post by Tricky »

bb41 wrote:..... a few basic items that I can knock up in a day......

a wonderful skill. the only thing im good at with a hammer is nails!
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

bb41 wrote:https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1955181 ... p-header-1

I don't sell the more intricate stuff as I don't want to have to do it and some of them can take all weekend especially when I etch in an acid base first.

Sadly the base sheet materials are getting more and more expensive and making conical silver is not only dangerous (re :thumb accident) but wasteful as well , so I give to the animal charity forums for fund raising and keep the more elaborate chains for my daughters or friends .

It really is a therapy rather than anything else, I can spend all day with the radio on and my hammer and blow torches :)
nice work i like that etching never seen it before,i can also spend hours with my mind switched of brazing and soldering heres my flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/andy_perks/sets/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bb41

Post by bb41 »

perkles, looks like you need a degree in mathematics to do that precision work
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Post by rocket »

Hopefully some more work on my tattoo but my artist is very unreliable at the moment. Then a Christening tomrrow.
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
bb41

Post by bb41 »

rocket wrote:Hopefully some more work on my tattoo but my artist is very unreliable at the moment. Then a Christening tomrrow.
Tattooist seem to be all the same, when I used to go for regular etchings I could never guarantee how long he'd work for. One of mine took 6 months to complete and that was going every 2 weeks. Sometimes he'd spare me an hour others maybe 3 , that's if he turned up at all
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

AWESOME!! Had an "Open House" at my place yesterday....first day on the market and got an offer!!

I'm not selling....but an offer fecks up the foreclosure the bank has on my place....it's EXTREMELY frustrating.....I haven't paid on my house in nearly a year.....I try to, but the feckers won't take my money, which is just daft. This sale is kind of a stalling tactic.....they're not getting Chez Pickering back anytime soon!!

I'm covered now through 'til March, which is a massive relief....I apologise if I've been a PITA....been stressing over this a LOT.

In other fascinating D41 news, me lass is gonna move in.....I truly love this girl, even though I don't understand a bloody word she says...but my lackadaisical sense of humor sees the funny side of that..

Best chat-up line ever..."Does this smell like chloroform????"
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

D41 wrote:AWESOME!! Had an "Open House" at my place yesterday....first day on the market and got an offer!!

I'm not selling....but an offer fecks up the foreclosure the bank has on my place....it's EXTREMELY frustrating.....I haven't paid on my house in nearly a year.....I try to, but the feckers won't take my money, which is just daft. This sale is kind of a stalling tactic.....they're not getting Chez Pickering back anytime soon!!

I'm covered now through 'til March, which is a massive relief....I apologise if I've been a PITA....been stressing over this a LOT.

In other fascinating D41 news, me lass is gonna move in.....I truly love this girl, even though I don't understand a bloody word she says...but my lackadaisical sense of humor sees the funny side of that..

That whole post has me so confused I don't know where to start..

The bank is foreclosing because they won't accept money off you so you are in default??
You have a faux sale and that stops the foreclosure??
If I've learn anything in my time, open and honest communication is the biggest must in a relationship, but you're moving in with and planning to marry someone you can't understand??

I lead such a boring life......
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Perkles wrote:
bb41 wrote:https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1955181 ... p-header-1

nice work i like that etching never seen it before,i can also spend hours with my mind switched of brazing and soldering heres my flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/andy_perks/sets/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That’s some great work bb41, must be so therapeutic doing something you love like that. Just please be careful with the power tools! After years of sheet metal work on aircraft I can only implore, always have your material clamped or viced before drilling!! Especially with you working alone.

Perkles, can I come and work for you!?! That looks freakin' awesome! You'll have to teach me a lot thou (blush)
D41

Post by D41 »

D41 wrote:AWESOME!! Had an "Open House" at my place yesterday....first day on the market and got an offer!!

You think you're confused??

Yep, the bank won't accept my money. What happened was, the ex stopped paying on the house but didn't tell me....then, after my stretch in the hossie I was no wiser.....I came to an arrangement with the bank, but then my epilepsy kicked in and I was hospitalized again...the bank thought I'd bailed, and I can't blame them. I won't take meds for epilepsy....half a pill will put me out for two days - it's too debilitating.

And then Edie....she's literally the girl next door.....and I never knew she lived there...her English is almost non-existent, my Spanglish (yes, that's a language) is poor...but we seem to get along....plus, she's hot, which is always a plus.
Come on dude.....a Latina dance instructor...who cares if she speaks English?? She cooks (the worst shrimp ever) and she cleans....she rocks!!

Main point is I'm happier than I have been in years.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

D41 wrote:

Yep, the bank won't accept my money. What happened was, the ex stopped paying on the house but didn't tell me....then, after my stretch in the hossie I was no wiser.....I came to an arrangement with the bank, but then my epilepsy kicked in and I was hospitalized again...the bank thought I'd bailed, and I can't blame them. I won't take meds for epilepsy....half a pill will put me out for two days - it's too debilitating.

And then Edie....she's literally the girl next door.....and I never knew she lived there...her English is almost non-existent, my Spanglish (yes, that's a language) is poor...but we seem to get along....plus, she's hot, which is always a plus.
Come on dude.....a Latina dance instructor...who cares if she speaks English?? She cooks (the worst shrimp ever) and she cleans....she rocks!!

We need photos :D
D41

Post by D41 »

:D

I don't know how to post them!!

Edie is a babe, dude....just my type...very Hispanic looking...oh my word!! She teaches 'Zumba'..whatever the feck that is...they jump around like they're on steroids....I'd do it too 'cept for me hip!!
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Email them to a moderator and we will post them for you. If she's a babe, we need to see!
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

D41 wrote:

Well if you're happy mate, I'm happy for you, cause thats not always an achieveable state of life at times.

Post pictures

Hit upload attachment
then Browse to find file
then hit add the file

Schimples
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

:D http://eddiev.zumba.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

(lol) (tmi)
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Post by rocket »

bb41 wrote:
rocket wrote:Hopefully some more work on my tattoo but my artist is very unreliable at the moment. Then a Christening tomrrow.
Tattooist seem to be all the same, when I used to go for regular etchings I could never guarantee how long he'd work for. One of mine took 6 months to complete and that was going every 2 weeks. Sometimes he'd spare me an hour others maybe 3 , that's if he turned up at all
Sounds very familiar
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
bb41

Post by bb41 »

I'm not sure if I understand any of those last posts!!

D41 are you sure you won't take any medication ?? I find Prozac calms me down a bit :D
D41

Post by D41 »

Kwacky wrote::D http://eddiev.zumba.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:D :D

Feck....he's 714!! I'm locally fecked!!