UKIP and who is behind it

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Re: UKIP and who is behind it

Post by Rossgo »

Btw I do agree with what people are saying. Again where I work the majority of workers are foreigners and they are the same. Always up for working hard and if needed will stay on. B U T why is it so hard for the English to actually do their job better than foreigners have we just given up , look back in time and see what types of jobs men used to do, rail works for example, was hat easy no bloody way. Now what do we get, 5 minutes before finish time they think it's their right to get ready to go home, 30 minutes before home time they are ready to go home standing around chatting?! Makes me bloody laugh! I've just finished a 13 hour shift . Did I need to stay hell no! But what if I didn't, a late shift and night shift struggling because 1 man couldn't help so instead 5 men have got to suffer. Not happening!

At ours we've just had a buildr and a plumber get paid off because all they did was cause bloody problems...One had been here for 25 years and the other for a few years and our directors decided it was easier to pay them off to get them out than to sack them! They thought they had rights and they did absolutely nothing so for the past 6 months they got a couple of foreigners to do their jobs and guess what...they have done more in those 6 months than they have done in 2 years...not even kidding!

I love my country and our people but sorry this new world is just crap!!
R34PER
Your Bike: Yamaha XJ6-N

Post by R34PER »

it's like the reverse where I work rossgo, the people who moan and complain the most, shouting about their rights are on the most money while the rest of us suffer on lower wages while doing twice the work without complaint. I personally find it disheartening and ends up with you not wanting to do as much but I still do the extra hours and the extra work where these others refuse to stop over or come in at weekends for even a second because they earn more than I get for the extra work already.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Perkles wrote: no idea to be honest,again where I work at 4 o'clock the brits rush to clock out
Same at my place. I'm sure I would be trampled to death if I stood anywhere near the front door at 5pm
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

and you can be sure it's those same people who work to the clock who complain about poor pay, not getting pay rises, believing bosses have it easy, telling you've they've got too much work on, etc etc.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Where's the GRR smilie??
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

The job I did for 23 yrs you go home when it's finished, sometimes to a hotel so you can carry on the next day, but you can't watch the clock.
In some ways piece work or "job & knock" is a better way of getting something done, at least whoever is allocated the work can see what's to be done, a fixed price and there's an end to be worked for.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

We need to change the ethos of people. Yes the country is a rip off place to live but we are born here and many won't ever leave so we have to deal with it. Though I'd hate to think what this place will look like in 40 years when I've retired lol
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Political parties wont change anything regardless of who they are. Too much self interest involved.

We need to change it ourselves.
D41

Post by D41 »

Rossgo wrote:We need to change the ethos of people. Yes the country is a rip off place to live but we are born here and many won't ever leave so we have to deal with it. Though I'd hate to think what this place will look like in 40 years when I've retired lol
You're planning on working for another 40 years??

Good luck with that.

I'm not.....I'll end up as some homeless twat living in a doorway. :D
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Hahz. Well retirement age is like 67 or some crap and I'm 26 so if I'm lucky I get to retire at that age!
You don't want to be living in a doorway, have had a couple of mates who have had to...it's not a nice experience haha!!
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Retirement age is whenever you choose and can retire. People get transfixed on the retirement age the government states, but it depends on your own circumstances and attitude to it all. I don't see the point of retiring at 67 when there is a big wide world out there and at 67 your likely not to be as fit as you were. Many don't get to 67.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Agreed, this is why I work so many hours now and just say yes to any work that comes my way, I may miss out on a few things but don't see a big problem when hopefully I'll be able to be slightly like my parents they are in their 50s and they do what they like! Me dad still works full time but not nearly what he used to be like (hardly saw him when growing up) but now they get a brilliant social life...they go off to Thorpe Park too (big kids haha) and whatever else holidays etc.

What's peoples General plan for the future, going to be retiring early and sunning it on some far away beach at all!?!
Deegee

Post by Deegee »

Well my plan is to retire as early as is financially feasible, a child needing Uni in 7yrs time is going to make that a little challenging to achieve, but fingers crossed all the same.
I don't need to take a cruise, or buy a daft car or ride across a continent, I'll likely be honing my skills in the kitchen and generally being a whole lot more sociable than I have the time to be now I'd imagine.
D41

Post by D41 »

I'm 47, and already retired!!

I rock!!! (smoking)
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Deegee wrote:Well my plan is to retire as early as is financially feasible, a child needing Uni in 7yrs time is going to make that a little challenging to achieve, but fingers crossed all the same.
I don't need to take a cruise, or buy a daft car or ride across a continent, I'll likely be honing my skills in the kitchen and generally being a whole lot more sociable than I have the time to be now I'd imagine.
Sounds like a good plan to me. You do need a plan and sacrificing some elements now should pay dividends. It took us 7 years if planning to do so.
Deegee

Post by Deegee »

I'm working on it Cookie, and despite the last 5yrs being desperate times it's still within reach. No point being retired and awash in money for two or three years then Mrs Gee buying a box for me with my own money, I'd rather enjoy my retirement time being relatively comfortable, healthy and alive.
bb41
Your Bike: GSXR750

Post by bb41 »

my daughter is a volunteer rape counsellor , it makes you weep when I here what is going on and how some people find it acceptable I can tell you. I couldn't do it I'd chop the bastard end off...... and yes she has had male rape victims too but they are referred to another area and it's still bloody harrowing
Live each day as your last as one day you'll be right !!
D41

Post by D41 »

Not pretty is it??

Someone very close to me was raped...many years ago...but it's pretty much destroyed her.
bb41
Your Bike: GSXR750

Post by bb41 »

D41 wrote:Not pretty is it??

Someone very close to me was raped...many years ago...but it's pretty much destroyed her.
No it isn't. My daughter can't say much but sometimes you can see it in her face when it's been a particularly bad session. If she feels this way God only knows what the victim feels like
Live each day as your last as one day you'll be right !!
Deegee

Post by Deegee »

Like Darren I know someone that was raped, she was one of those people that lit up a room and a very dear friend of mine, it was someone she knew at Uni but no prosecution came of the investigation. It was as though someone had taken the vivacity out of her and her Mum, Dad and Sister. This was 15yrs ago and her Dad died a broken man, he'd been a wit, raconteur and the Commodore of a local yacht club. In the end the family moved to Scotland where they had relations to attempt a fresh start, that was the last time I saw her.

It's not just the victim whose life is shattered, the family suffers just as much, it's one of a Parents nightmares - not being able to protect your Son or Daughter. I'd string the b#st#tards up by their balls if I had my way.

Anyway, it's just another reason Farage cannot be allowed legislative power, I can only hope the media actually reports what they plan for the future and common sense will prevail.