Ferrari F60 America

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Ferrari F60 America

Post by duke63 »

Sometimes you see a car that just stands out from the rest. :)

730 bhp V12 and will sound like this. (devil)

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBg1vKd19Po#t=58[/video]
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Re: Ferrari F60 America

Post by D6 »

I dont like the back, but the front looks nice. Better in red.
Tricky
Your Bike:

Post by Tricky »

dont like rag tops, can count on one hand how many cars look good without a roof.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

That looks like an AC Cobra wannabe.
DaytonAndy
Your Bike: Daytona 675R

Post by DaytonAndy »

You're both crazy! That's gorgeous and sounds epic. I actually think it looks better without the roof.
Tricky
Your Bike:

Post by Tricky »

sorry but i dont see the point in having a car without a roof that does over 80-90ish mph, it defeats the wind in the hair/open road feeling, anything after that speed is pointless, unless its racing, when a helmet is then introduced anyway. the only reason people drive £££££ soft-top cars (at 30mph around towns) is because they want us to look at their stupid faces.
DaytonAndy
Your Bike: Daytona 675R

Post by DaytonAndy »

Don't get me wrong, if I could have one supercar, it's not the one I'd choose and I'm definitely not convinced I'd spec a car with one red seat and one black but it is a car I could just sit and look at.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Tricky wrote:sorry but i dont see the point in having a car without a roof that does over 80-90ish mph, it defeats the wind in the hair/open road feeling, anything after that speed is pointless, unless its racing, when a helmet is then introduced anyway. the only reason people drive £££££ soft-top cars (at 30mph around towns) is because they want us to look at their stupid faces.
I'd agree my face is stupid, but it's not why I have a quick open top car.

It's like buying a 200mph motorcycle. You can't do it and it's pointless having that level of performance. What you can do however is accelerate very quickly, even if you stick to road legal speeds and the fact you have one makes you feel good. The engineering and quality of the vehicle is far better than normal bikes and cars. Plus you can hear the nice noise easier :)

You buy one of these because you can and you want one. I suppose some may buy them to be seen, but being able to pop the roof when you can far beats a fixed roof car IMO.

I think that Ferrari looks stunning.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

I think it looks amazing but I wouldn't get one even if I could afford it...I'm not a soft top fan. My girlfriend has one and I hate it, total waste of cash and never use it. Well maybe a few times during summer months but all that does is open up problems like the Sun can just hit you in your eyes while driving and makes you squint , when you have a roof it protects you from looking a numpty with a screwed up face!!
Tricky
Your Bike:

Post by Tricky »

C00kiemonster wrote:

(giggle) :P
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Tricky wrote:
C00kiemonster wrote:

(giggle) :P
chickenstrips (makeup)
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Tricky wrote:sorry but i dont see the point in having a car without a roof that does over 80-90ish mph, it defeats the wind in the hair/open road feeling, anything after that speed is pointless, unless its racing, when a helmet is then introduced anyway. the only reason people drive £££££ soft-top cars (at 30mph around towns) is because they want us to look at their stupid faces.
So how fast does your bike go? ;)

If you can afford a Ferrari like that i would guess you have only bought it for sunny days anyway. Or you wouldn't choose to live somewhere where it rains a lot. Like the UK sadly. :( (rain) (rain) (rain) (rain) (rain) (rain) (rain)
Tricky
Your Bike:

Post by Tricky »

duke63 wrote:
So how fast does your bike go? ;)

half as fast as yours, and its great fun.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Rossgo wrote:I think it looks amazing but I wouldn't get one even if I could afford it...I'm not a soft top fan. My girlfriend has one and I hate it, total waste of cash and never use it. Well maybe a few times during summer months but all that does is open up problems like the Sun can just hit you in your eyes while driving and makes you squint , when you have a roof it protects you from looking a numpty with a screwed up face!!
Good point....I wish someone would invent sunglasses. :D

It's a nice car,,,,I'd rather have an Ariel though.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Haha!! Yes it's ok for her as there's a pair in there but she'll do it when she knows I haven't got mine haha!! Don't generally use sunglasses unless on holiday, doesn't feel right having them on to be honest...got odd ball ears you see and doesn't quiet look right on my face haha!! Better to look a prat in front of foreigners haha
D41

Post by D41 »

Eh??

Oh, you poor wretch of a man!!

Don't you know how to accessorize??

A well-perched pair of Oakleys is perfect for detracting from those annoyingly repugnant lobes.....plus you don't even have to wear them, just prop them up to hide the ever-receding hairline (let's face it...it ain't coming back!)
A ball cap works well...I have tons (allegedly)....turn it backwards like a catcher and knock 10 years off your look!!

Always go with hi-tops...a guy looks at a chick from the face-down....chicks look at a guy from the ground up...and make sure you have decent socks!....straight-lace on those shoes too....none of that cross-lace pansy shite.
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Fwiw I had a rag top in my early twenties, the only car I've ever truly enjoyed driving.

I was a doubter until a mate gave me a lift in his soft top on a summers evening, it was great, I could hear the birds, the exhaust note, I could smell the freshly cut grass and went past one house and could smell what they'd had for dinner, at that point it was the closest thing to being on a bike I'd found in a car. Soft tops are about the driving experience in my book, yes some people buy them to pose in, but twats like that are everywhere - even on bikes, you buy it to enjoy it and screw the nay sayers.

P.S. I wear sunnies to drive in whenever its sunny, I don't like having the eye strain and headaches that are inevitable if I don't. Over a million miles on UK roads and a few thousand hours sailing have taught me to protect my eyes as they are the only ones I'll get. Got stupid ears too btw. 8)
D41

Post by D41 »

Pretty much....I had a couple of Supra Targa's (or whatever they're called) back in the day, and I've had a few MX-5's.....never bothered me one bit....girls would always complain about their hair getting messed up.....apparently "Then get a new boyfriend!" is not the correct response. :^
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

I love the look of it, even if it does look a bit Maserati from the front, but they are gorgeous cars too!

I've never had a convertible, but considering I drive with the windows down (and sunroof open if I'm in the subaru) when temps are between 20-35 deg I reckon I'd love one. I do soft out above 35 and put the A/C on.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Looks like a cross between a dodge viper and a corvetter from the 80's IMO and I'm not a fan, Ferrari make much more desirable cars IMO.

Agree with Tricky not a fan of rag tops and would never buy a soft top sports car apart from posing its pointless.