Cookiemonster - he means you

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Cookiemonster - he means you

Post by Kwacky »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-17280647" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

French President Nicolas Sarkozy has said there are too many foreigners in France and the system for integrating them is "working worse and worse".
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Re: Cookiemonster - he means you

Post by C00kiemonster »

Bloody foreigners :D

If he's behind Hollande in the polls then we have little to worry about from him as Hollande has the lowest rating as a president since they started recording stats :P

Saying that, we don't claim benefits and pay our taxes, so I'm not sure what they would do anyway.

Immigration isn't the problem in any European country. It's integration and having the means to move to a new country. There should be a points system that is common across the eu. If you don't meet it, you can't move to the country, full stop. Europe could learn a lot from the Canadian and Australian systems IMO.

France really is in a state economically and socially. Their way of life is changing too rapidly for them all as they buried their heads in the sand many years ago. I'm glad I live out the way tbh.
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Knee jerk reaction from beleaguered Politicians for millennia - playing the scapegoat game, nothing changes, it's back to the old tribalism and making people distrustful of someone different, 200+ yrs ago it was the the rich in France that were to blame, now it's the poor immigrants.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

C00kiemonster wrote: Europe could learn a lot from the Canadian and Australian systems IMO.
Not sure which bit of ours you are admiring Cookie. They have a robust immigration policy if you go thru the right channels, but jump on a boat illegally, get deemed a valid refugee and get more Government handouts and assistance than an old age pensioner does. Then rather than integrate, they turn their part of the community they live in into a mini state of the country they didn't want to live in! The 'multi-culturism' in Australia has got way too one sided. I don't mind an immigrant maintaining there cultural identity but at least try to integrate that with the Aussie culture not drown it out.

When shopping malls can't put up a Christmas tree for fear of offending some minority you know the system is fooked.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Its the usual politicians trick of divide and control. Whether people like it or not we now live in a world where air travel is cheap and quick and with that comes ease of movement between countries.

I see UKIP took lots of votes last night. I have no idea how anyone thinks the UK will be a better place by turning our backs on Europe which is our main export market but voters are being enticed by political bullshit that somehow we would be better ignoring the rest of the world and can go it all alone.
C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

Ukip voting is terrifying tbh. The country may want change due to the current crop of useless bustards, however they are an easy change who say what people want to hear rather than look at the practicalities of delivery.
C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

kiwikrasher wrote:
C00kiemonster wrote: Europe could learn a lot from the Canadian and Australian systems IMO.
Not sure which bit of ours you are admiring Cookie. They have a robust immigration policy if you go thru the right channels, but jump on a boat illegally, get deemed a valid refugee and get more Government handouts and assistance than an old age pensioner does. Then rather than integrate, they turn their part of the community they live in into a mini state of the country they didn't want to live in! The 'multi-culturism' in Australia has got way too one sided. I don't mind an immigrant maintaining there cultural identity but at least try to integrate that with the Aussie culture not drown it out.

When shopping malls can't put up a Christmas tree for fear of offending some minority you know the system is fooked.

Very interesting, not something we hear a lot about in the UK as we get fed a lot of half information by journalists on TV and papers. Sounds similar to the UK tbh. Sad that they are not just sent back.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Cheers for that Kiwi. Good read.

Lots of anti immigration people use Australia as an example. It's nice to have some ammo to return the fire.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

Do people not integrate when an immigrant though because they face racist/divisive behaviour in that country?

When I first moved to the West Midlands in the 1970's the immigrant communities were very different from the local white communities. But many ( though certainly not all) of those communities who have been here for 2,3 or more generations are now very much a part of the local culture.

Much of what some of these parties are promoting (including UKIP) are not that much different from how Hitler got into power.
C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

It's the same across Europe and beginning to be quite worrying. The far right are making big gains in France.

If you watch the news at the moment you have ISIS, Ebola and the far right.

I'm starting building a bunker I think.... :D
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

There is a massive far right movement in the Nordic countries as well as in Russia. I can see big scale riots in Russia when they host the World Cup in 2018.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Farage doesnt want people with HIV or the wrong colour skin !
http://www.buzzfeed.com/richardhjames/n ... in#2bc2m1j" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I love the way the press seem to be supporting them. Sky News put a list of the main UKIP policies:-

Social housing priority for those whose parents and grandparents were born locally

:: Scrap the HS2 high speed rail project

:: No green taxes or wind turbine subsidies

:: Scrap inheritance tax

:: Cut the foreign aid budget

:: Stop the European Court of Human Rights having a say in UK cases

:: No votes for prisoners

:: GP surgeries open in the evening for full-time workers

:: New grammar schools

:: An end to "political correctness", which the party says "stifles free speech"

Looks good to the average Joe who seems to think the ills of the world are caused by PC Madness and immigrants.

But, it wants to increase defence spending, scrap any incentives for a greener environment, wants to double hte prison population and install "zero tolerence on crime" policies.

What most people don't know is that UKIP will effectively abolish workers rights. No holiday pay, no overtime, no redundancy payment,s no sick payments or health cover, the support of short term contracts and the erosion of employment law.

Add to that UKIP will make is possible to discriminate on the basis of gender and race.

They'll get rid of maternity pay.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

I'm not against some of those proposals.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

But you're on the other side of the planet. Employment laws in the US are pretty poor if you're a worker.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Guess it depends what side of the law you're on.

I've never had an issue, but I'm interested to hear of anything you've been made aware of.....my field is construction, and it can be very lax in certain regards.
Monty
Your Bike: 2010 ZX6R

Post by Monty »

image.jpg
Monty™© MCMLXXII
C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

Kwacky wrote:I love the way the press seem to be supporting them. Sky News put a list of the main UKIP policies:-

Social housing priority for those whose parents and grandparents were born locally

:: Scrap the HS2 high speed rail project

:: No green taxes or wind turbine subsidies

:: Scrap inheritance tax

:: Cut the foreign aid budget

:: Stop the European Court of Human Rights having a say in UK cases

:: No votes for prisoners

:: GP surgeries open in the evening for full-time workers

:: New grammar schools

:: An end to "political correctness", which the party says "stifles free speech"

Looks good to the average Joe who seems to think the ills of the world are caused by PC Madness and immigrants.

But, it wants to increase defence spending, scrap any incentives for a greener environment, wants to double hte prison population and install "zero tolerence on crime" policies.

What most people don't know is that UKIP will effectively abolish workers rights. No holiday pay, no overtime, no redundancy payment,s no sick payments or health cover, the support of short term contracts and the erosion of employment law.

Add to that UKIP will make is possible to discriminate on the basis of gender and race.

They'll get rid of maternity pay.
There are some good proposals there, however they are all headline grabbers and difficult to put into place in practice I reckon, which is worse as nothing useful then gets done.

Employment rights changes are very damaging IMO.

I can see UKIP diluting all the other party votes and it ending up being an even more ineffective coalition. I'd always rather see one party in power so there is a clear direction for the country. It's a shame they are all shit.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/ ... 4101091618" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
duke63

Post by duke63 »

From Perkles link.

:D

10-10-14

UKIP is attracting thousands of Labour voters who have rejected mainstream politics and basic intelligence.

Experts said the party slashed Labour’s majority in the Heywood by-election because its simplistic message can appeal to angry, gullible cretins across the political spectrum.

Martin Bishop, author of The Way the Stupid Vote Now, said: “You don’t have to be a disgruntled Thatcherite to believe that Britain is shit because of the EU. You don’t have to be a former BNP voter to believe that Romanians eat cats.

“Just because you live north of Birmingham and your grandfather wore a cap, doesn’t mean you’re not an utter **** dipshit.”