Calais

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Calais

Post by Kwacky »

Looks like the place is turning into a battlefield. They reckon there are about 2000 illegal immigrants living in and around Calais. The locals are complaining nothing is being done to move them on and the French authorities are blaming England for not doing anything

Yesterday a couple of hundred of them tried to board a ferry heading for the UK

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... alais.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The French will soon do something if people stop using the port.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Re: Calais

Post by Blade »

Sounds mental.

If we stopped being an easy meal ticket people would not migrate across Europe from the Middle East and Africa to get into our country so if we toughened up they would hopefully turn around and go else where or better still not make the journey here in the first place.

Harsh but true and needs saying IMO as the UK is over croweded and has seen its population grow from 54 million in the early 80's to 64 million today, no would the NHS has a £30,000,000,000 short fall in budget for next year, there are two many people using it and its the same with schools and all other public services.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Blade wrote:Sounds mental.

If we stopped being an easy meal ticket people would not migrate across Europe from the Middle East and Africa to get into our country so if we toughened up they would hopefully turn around and go else where or better still not make the journey here in the first place.

Harsh but true and needs saying IMO as the UK is over croweded and has seen its population grow from 54 million in the early 80's to 64 million today, no would the NHS has a £30,000,000,000 short fall in budget for next year, there are two many people using it and its the same with schools and all other public services.
I won't use Calais ferry port to come and go from the UK. You can see people hanging around and that was a couple of years ago I last used it. Apparently they have tried many times to break into and walk through the tunnel too. I'm afraid the french need to be harsher to the migrants and the uk needs to tighten up on immigration and doling out cash.

I moved out of the uk so I helped the figures :D
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

I read somewhere they would receive better benefits in France than in the UK but the UK is the place to come for cash in hand work.
Si.
Your Bike: fireblade

Post by Si. »

You think thats bad...you want to see the people clambering to get here from Rotterdam and the other ports. Not hundreds, but thousands of people. Nothing but bags or haversacks with them too.

Lots make it over..

As for Calais, i haven't seen many at all in comparison, and thats sometimes twice yearly visits.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

I've no problem with immigration, I think it's beneficial, but we need to make sure it's for the right reasons. Most other countries make sure that people coming in have the means to support themselves or have someone who will look after them, so why can't we do the same?

It makes me sad to think that a large number of homeless males once served in our forces. We can't find homes for people who served for this country yet we can feed, clothe and house someone who turns up at the doorstep?

Our priorities are all wrong. Charity should start at home.