Tankslap's Mecca makes the news

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

your favorite cake shop is in the news guys

Post by Cavetroll87 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-28648704" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

about half way down and only a pic really but still lol
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Tankslap's Mecca makes the news

Post by Kwacky »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-28648704" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: your favorite cake shop is in the news guys

Post by Kwacky »

Oops, only just saw this.

I'll merge the threads :)
Cavetroll87

Re: Tankslap's Mecca makes the news

Post by Cavetroll87 »

no worries mate, I only recognised it from photos
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
Monty
Your Bike: 2010 ZX6R

Post by Monty »

Chuff me, cakes aside download the excel data at the bottom. How does anyone get on the housing ladder now?
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Monty

Post by Monty »

Or even worse, find out where you can afford to live.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23234033" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Cavetroll87

Post by Cavetroll87 »

were not unfortunatley we rent, not sure we will ever be able to save for a deposit while renting, only people around my age I know that own houses are couples that stayed at home and put all their money aside, One couple I know lived together for 2 years then moved back in with their parents seperatley to save for a house but I just dont think me and the Mrs could do that, be too weird
Monty

Post by Monty »

It's crazy Nik, and this at a time when the cost of borrowing is at an all time low. Imagine what will happen WHEN the interest rate goes up
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Rob
Your Bike: Daytona 650, Kawasaki ZX10r

Post by Rob »

We were only able to buy our 1st place as "luckily" I had a windfall (compensation) from a motorcycle accident. There are not a lot of people I know that can rent and save enough for a deposit. In fact, no one I know has done. My friends around my age who own property have either, stayed at home until late 20s saving, inherited money or had help from their parents (by remortgaging their house).
Cavetroll87

Post by Cavetroll87 »

Sounds exactly the same as my friends and me Rob, My dads a mortgage advisor, you would think he could sort me out some sort of back alley deal lol People say owning a house isnt that great as you have all the maintenance and bills unlike rented but my argument was yeah but at least I cant be booted out at short notice like we were our previously place, oh well try and not worry about getting on the housing ladder any more and just focus on enjoying my life as it is and just be grateful I live with the other half and our pets in a nice place, we may not own it but hey, even if we did when we move its not like we could take it with us, plus this landlord is really relaxed and actively encourages us to treat it as a home so we can decorate and stuff (we feel happy, he gets a nicely decorated house when we move on win win)

My inlaws told us if we sold all our pets and my bike they would help, we said no, they make us happy, we dont want to give them up for that, yes wed have a house but not some of the things we really love (as stupid as that sounds with snakes and lizards) but anyway that is a whole different argument and thread lol (along with the my inlaws hate me thread lol)
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

It it really any different to 25 years ago when I first took out a mortgage though?

The problem is that there is too much temptation for other consumables now than there ever was when i bought my first house.
Monty

Post by Monty »

duke63 wrote:It it really any different to 25 years ago when I first took out a mortgage though?

The problem is that there is too much temptation for other consumables now than there ever was when i bought my first house.
But when you bought your first house you needed a mortgage for the consumables! We had a TV, a Hifi and a video player and they cost the earth!

I recon there has been a real shift in costs. TVs, computers, hifi, clothes have all gone down but houses, food and fuel have all gone up.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
jlawie
Your Bike: Daytona 600 2004

Post by jlawie »

We've just bought our first place. With the price increases here in the last 6 months, we got bloody lucky!
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Which ever way you look at it, it's always a struggle, I remember taking in lodgers just so I could pay the mortgage and bills. I hope I don't have to go back to that again.

Lost massive amount of money on my first ever property which was lease hold, all due to a crooked arse who owned the block of flats I lived in. Went to hell and back with that place, even tried to hand the keys back to the mortgage company it was so bad, sold the place for peanuts just to get rid.... Mad eh!