Tesco

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Tesco

Post by Kwacky »

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/mi ... ey-7601349" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is a topic close to my heart as the intended store isn't far from my home.

They bought th eland back in 2001. They've closed down a few community buildings to get what they want. The council has bent over backwards to accommodate Tesco. Nothing has happened. The land they've bought has been turned into a site for fly tipping. The area has declined as no one will invest until they know what Tesco intend to do.

It pisses me off the way these large companies get away with this crap.

Still, so long as people get their cheap chicken nuggets............
Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Re: Tesco

Post by Cavetroll87 »

They have done EXACTLY the same in my home town of Dartford, even wanted to put a road straight through the local park to accomodate it, its getting closer here now as they just manager to close down the local swimming pool which has been their as long as I can remember and that was the last building in their way.

12 years and counting down here
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/11294 ... velopment/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

although I wont have a bad word said about tescos chicken nuggets, when I had my wisdom teeth out earlier in the year they were the 1st solid food i managed to eat after 4 days, They were the best tasting nuggets EVER! (lol)
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

They did the same in Moseley on the site of the old meteor ford round the corner from my last house. Now it's just full of junkies in the evenings :(
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

I SHOP AT ALDI.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Tesco are reassessing their policy on opening new big stores.

They are looking into building houses on the huge swathes of land they own across the UK as the supermarket industry has reached saturation point and they seem to think they will get no return on any more investment on new big stores.

The one they rebuilt at the Burnt Tree island nr Dudley is losing money hand over fist so the rumours say and they have also stopped work on developing a store in Wolverhampton on the site of the old Royal Hospital too.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/201 ... -new-homes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

It's a shame because stirchley has a nice feel to it,I hope they pull their finger out soon