A little Kwacky tale

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Jimmy Mc
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 675

Re: A little Kwacky tale

Post by Jimmy Mc »

Great post Kwacky. I can't even remember how I got on here, wasn't there an exodus from GB Bikers? I may be making that up.

Anyway, I've been off here for a long time (off bikes too) but really enjoyed the odd ride out that I got to and the camaraderie on the site. Looking forward to reintegrating myself in the coming months.

Great job on the new site to all involved :)
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Jimmy, you came over from the old Sportsbiker site. As did a few others including Norfolk.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Jimmy, didn't you once post a video of you hooning that SPS up the mountain?

That bike was beautiful.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

I can't remember what you were riding Jimmy but do remember meeting up with you and a couple of your mates at McDonalds in Macclesfield a good few years ago. We went for a ride out down some of my favourite roads in Derbyshire and I remember you making a very good clean overtake on me and then having a great view of you dragging your knee for a good 20 yards round a very fast corner. That image is embedded in my mind and I still try my hardest to replicate your style every time I go round that same corner but fail miserably every time.

It was fooking impressive 8)
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I remember that rideout. It was a sportsbiker one I organised. I think the kids he was with thought we were old timers ready for retirement (giggle)
Bratty
Your Bike: Honda CB1000r

Post by Bratty »

It was Duke who introduced me to Sportsbiker.com he was D63 then, it was around March/April 2008 when I met Duke I'd just purchased a 2008 blade and it was Blade day at Donny that year and he was handing out key rings with Sportsbiker.com on of which I still have, talked to a few guys on the site and arranged to meet one for a blast, a bloke called Kwacky, I've gone missing a couple of times from Tankslap and work stops me posting as much I'd like to but it's a great site and it's introduced me to some great people over the years and many of them I count as good friends and know would be there for me if I ever needed their help, so thankyou very much Kwacky and Tankslap.
I get knocked down but i get up again.
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

I was part of the Daytona600.org crew, IIRC I joined sportsbiker to get a cheap pillion seat from Kwacky (maybe it was something else, my memory isn't what it used to be. And it used to be just poor!) and made the migration to Tankslap when d600.org went under.
Just like the Daytona site, Tankslap is the first site I check when I turn the computer on.
I'm on a Z1000 forum, but I rarely post. I was on a bodybuilding-type forum, I haven't been on in a couple of years now.
Tankslap has stood the test of time. I even post sometimes!
Blade

Post by Blade »

Kwacky wrote:I remember that rideout. It was a sportsbiker one I organised. I think the kids he was with thought we were old timers ready for retirement (giggle)
Pmsl I had forgot that bit but yeah your right they did, haha lol
Binno
Your Bike: Hayabusa dogs dangly

Post by Binno »

The lads didn't want me to mention this until it was official.

But we have had a whip round for you two.

You owe us £6.57
Spudda
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650 aka 'Doris'

Post by Spudda »

Kwacky wrote:Spudda has taken time out of his day to drop by
I'm just a Trackday lurker
Kwacky wrote:Perkles is lying on the floor like the bear from Jungle Story. .
did he move from that position during the rest of the afternoon or is he still there :D

I'm dont frequent any other bike forums ... I may pop in to 675.com or some facebook pages.
I've met a fair few of you and you're still talking to me so thats not a bad thing ;)

I too was on the d6.org site and took the keys off Kwacky when he got totally frustrated with it and managed to keep it going for another 18months before the site owners got involved.
I was also on sportsbiker
Thankfully when TankSlap started Kwacky, Nutz and the other Mods on here decided to migrate some of the technical and relevant Daytona blurb. And with that, a number of the D6.org members followed on.

I like the site. Theres no malice or 'Witch Hunts' and I have genuine friends I've met from here

Good Job Kwacky / Nutz / the TankSlap team and all of the past, current and future members (y)
It's Nice To Be Important BUT Its Important To Be Nice ©
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Post by rocket »

I had brake from biking for a few years and caught the buzz again a lot of my old biker friends have either given up biking or left the country. Kwacky invited me on a ride out from another site. With a bit of trepidation but keen to make new friends i went along. I was really took back by how friendly everyone was and how welcoming you all are. Really enjoy the laughs the banter and the riding so happy i went on that ride out (you may not be but i am :P )
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I think it showed when we went on that 675cc forum ride out. We were the ones doing the chatting. A few of them didn't say a word to us. We pulled up at the pub and took the closest table so a load of them walked past us and sat elsewhere. Very cliquey.
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Post by rocket »

Kwacky wrote:I think it showed when we went on that 675cc forum ride out. We were the ones doing the chatting. A few of them didn't say a word to us. We pulled up at the pub and took the closest table so a load of them walked past us and sat elsewhere. Very cliquey.
Yeah it was not the best organised thing but i had a good day chewing the fat with you and a couple of others. In all honesty if that had been the first time out with you lot I may have been put off as no one really wanted to talk out side there little groups.

I was put off slightly on the first tank slapper ride out by Blades ASS been wiggled at me every 5 minutes he's such a tease.
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Blade is a tart as soon as he gets his leathers on.
Blade

Post by Blade »

You never complained at the time, don't start acting all big and cool now.
Bratty
Your Bike: Honda CB1000r

Post by Bratty »

Blade wrote:You never complained at the time, don't start acting all big and cool now.
You two timing bitch.
I get knocked down but i get up again.
Blade

Post by Blade »

I thought it was you honest (inlove)
bb41
Your Bike: GSXR750

Post by bb41 »

I pop in now and again, but forced singledom again plus maturing years, juggling finances and house etc eats up a lot of the time in a day .
I do check by most days but sometimes don't have the energy to log on.

Long standing MCN'er for nearly 14 years on and off until it became more like a dating site, and that's one thing I will never be doing again!!.

It's difficult when you're middle aged and ride, some woman like the look at me approach, where as I prefer to fade into the background.

But anyway, this site has welcomed me fondly without lewd remarks and slowly feeling more comfortable being around. I like banter but hate the comments which is so common on a lot of forums ,it just isn't me .

Thank you for finding me a corner to sit in , love from me looking in watching you
Live each day as your last as one day you'll be right !!
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

bb41 wrote:I pop in now and again, but forced singledom again plus maturing years, juggling finances and house etc eats up a lot of the time in a day .
I do check by most days but sometimes don't have the energy to log on.

Long standing MCN'er for nearly 14 years on and off until it became more like a dating site, and that's one thing I will never be doing again!!.

It's difficult when you're middle aged and ride, some woman like the look at me approach, where as I prefer to fade into the background.

But anyway, this site has welcomed me fondly without lewd remarks and slowly feeling more comfortable being around. I like banter but hate the comments which is so common on a lot of forums ,it just isn't me .

Thank you for finding me a corner to sit in , love from me looking in watching you
what model gsxr750 bb41 ? I had a k2 and loved it to bits
bb41
Your Bike: GSXR750

Post by bb41 »

Mine is the K9 and I must say she is the easiest bike I have ever ridden, smooth , comfortable and behaves well .

Did have a look at the Speed triple and Daytona 675 , but I am happy so why change her ?
Live each day as your last as one day you'll be right !!