A little Kwacky tale

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

A little Kwacky tale

Post by Kwacky »

Many moons ago I was stood in my front room when this white xr3i with red trim pulled up outside. This stocky looking thug got out of the driver's side, then a skinny blonde bint with a fag hanging out of her mouth got out the other side. It was the new neighbours. Oh crap

After several months of exchanging grunts as we passed each other, Mrs Kwacky decided it was time to invite the new neighbours round. Surprisingly we got on. Very well. The conversation turned to bikes. i was thinking about getting my licence, he was thinking about returning to biking. That was Perkles. We both got bikes around the same time and did track days and road trips and got up to all sorts until a mate had a bad accident in front of Perkles, which was enough to put him off.

Roll forward a few years. Perkles has moved away but that biking bug hasn't. We're back doing track days. Perkles has been introduced to Jack, Rocket and Spudda. Jack has given up a job to come and look after us. Spudda has taken time out of his day to drop by and Rocket, despite being a fresh faced slapper, has ridden more than 2 hours to bring cake and say hello.

Perkles is lying on the floor like the bear from Jungle Story.

"You know what," muttered Perkles "you've done a cracking job with that site. Everyone I've met from Tankslap has been really nice, totally sound. They're all really friendly. "

So thanks to all of you for carrying on the tankslap tradition. There's a hardcore of regulars, a few lurkers, old faces who come back, new faces. Sadly we lose few for whatever reason or they simply stop posting, but the door is always open.

t's a personal "ta very much" for making this a nice little biking community.
Tricky
Your Bike:

Re: A little Kwacky tale

Post by Tricky »

great post, sorry i couldnt of dropped by today.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

No worries mate. I'll catch up with you at some point in the season.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

"Ta very much" back mate for a great place to hang out!! It's got me through a very boring night shift tonight! :D

I hope one day to get over for the TT IOM and swing by and catch up with as many of you as I can. I've talked 'her' into a track bike so anything seems possible!
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Ha ha wait till RKelly reads this :)
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

RKelly being the 'skinny blonde bint with a fag hanging out her mouth'?

You need to give yourself a big slap on the back, Kwacky.

Despite the site having its ups and downs and a few occasional knobs trying to spoil it, the Tankslap ship still sails on relentless and when everyone gets together we all have a good laugh and a joke and good banter.

I think we need to organise an Autumn night out soon.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

duke63 wrote:
I think we need to organise an Autumn night out soon.

Seconded.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Perkles wrote:Ha ha wait till RKelly reads this :)

You know you she loves me really.
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

I was one of the many that migrated over from the D600 site , I have not met all the slappers but those I have have been fantastic ,friendly, helpful and fun to be around , even those I haven't had the chance to meet yet but have conversed with online have been great . This community has helped me get back into living life after years of suffering pretty badly with PTSD and helped me carry on after the loss of my wife , I owe each and every contributor to this community for that as without each and every one of you it wouldn't be what it is , so for that I too would like to say Thank-you to you all and a special thank-you to Kwacky for running such a brilliant forum.
beermonster
Your Bike: Between two wheeled victims

Post by beermonster »

I can't ride bikes at the moment cos of the peepers, and this is the only bike forum where I feel like that doesn't really matter cos it's more of a bunch of mates. Thanks to Kwacky (and Nutz) for our little playpen on the interwebz.

Now....enough of the nice stuff, did you get any joy with the Rose Windows tickets Kwacky, or do you want me to sort them (the gig's next weekI) :P
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

Tricky
Your Bike:

Post by Tricky »

Jack wrote:I was one of the many that migrated over from the D600 site , I have not met all the slappers but those I have have been fantastic ,friendly, helpful and fun to be around , even those I haven't had the chance to meet yet but have conversed with online have been great . This community has helped me get back into living life after years of suffering pretty badly with PTSD and helped me carry on after the loss of my wife , I owe each and every contributor to this community for that as without each and every one of you it wouldn't be what it is , so for that I too would like to say Thank-you to you all and a special thank-you to Kwacky for running such a brilliant forum.
hoping im in your list jack (bandit) , its always a pleasure to see you :)
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

beermonster wrote:
Now....enough of the nice stuff, did you get any joy with the Rose Windows tickets Kwacky, or do you want me to sort them (the gig's next weekI) :P
Calm your knickers, I've got the tickets.
beermonster
Your Bike: Between two wheeled victims

Post by beermonster »

Kwacky wrote:
beermonster wrote:
Calm your knickers, I've got the tickets.
Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Post by Cavetroll87 »

As someone who still well and truelly considers himself a newbie on both here and in terms of riding a bike I must agree and say thank you to everyone I've met and have yet to meet for making this a brilliant place to chat and spend time and also massive thanks to you kwacky and also Nutz for all your efforts to keep this all going for us, you guys are superstars!
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

I was a d600.org user then across to TS during the end of d600. The good characters from d600 are still here plus many different bikers, what I like about here is everyone I've met, ridden with, drunk with and known on here seems to be decent people. On many other forums you do wonder.

I've done many things organised on this and the d600 site and have many friends, who I can hardly see sometimes but it's always like I saw then yesterday and look forward to many more in the future. As long as is site is around, I will be. I've always live my life doing things that are important, not mundane and TS helps me do that with the people on it. It's a record of having fun, taking chances and chewing the fat and I don't regret a moment. I've done some mad things with some of you I really have :)

Kwacky (and nutz) have worked hard keeping this site going, revamping it from time to time and I always hope it doesn't get too big and politics starts appearing, it can spoil a forum very quickly. It's only as good as the people on it and hopefully Kwacky thinks it all worth it. Long may it continue and keep up the good work!
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

I was invited to visit by Moonie so time ago, meet some great people and had a lot of laughs, and I am still here.
Norfolknchance
Your Bike: Daytona 675 06

Post by Norfolknchance »

I was kind of hovering between triumph675, sportsbiker(I think that was what it was called) and D600.org, but not really posting much on any of them when I came over hear. Liked everyone I've met so far.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Well I joined here or the original site about 10 years ago when I bumped into a member no longer with us but I have him to thank for my introduction. Its was Gixeray, Tuonoray plus others names as he had many and Im sure Kwacky will remember him well.

The fact I have been coming back for 10 years and simply love the place says how good it is IMO and I'm not alone in this, there are many long standing members. Something has to be very right for us all to stay and for new members to feel welcome and at home straight away.

To all the people who make, support and contribute to this great site thank you, I'm an addict and love my daily fix of biking banter with good mates everyday. Without TS I would be lost. I pop into those other sites and have a few mates knocking about on them who are great lads but nothing IMO beats Tankslap.

Someone one here I think it was Gary once described this place as like a local pub where you could hang out with decent mates, chill out, talk bike's, arrangeride outs and that brilliant TS tradiotnal of helping and supporting each other. Long may it continue (y)
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

I don't like Tankslap new site quite so much, as lost my admin ability to alter peoples posts.

D41 actually posted normal stuff. It was me that kept adjusting it all, making it look like he was mountain biking with a broken pelvis.