Cruises

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Cruises

Post by C00kiemonster »

I don't see the attraction. There was a report in the bbc saying it's becoming more popular with 30 and 40 year olds.

Spending 2 weeks on a floating shopping mall with tiny bedrooms, average entertainment and overpriced drinks? No thanks.

I don't want to be trapped bobbing around with 1000 other obnoxious humans. Most of which are probably still over the age of 70.

Anyone else been on one? I'd rather spend my money in more exciting ventures IMO.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Re: Cruises

Post by duke63 »

I was taken on on when a youngster by parents and i know what you are saying. I believe they have become a bit of a chavy holiday experience these days.

Each to their own though. I don't understand the appeal of caravanning but many people love it.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

A couple I know love them. They do them all around the world. Basically it's a floating hotel which the appeal for them. They say you get to see lots of countires but I doubt you travel far from port.

It's not for me.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

duke63 wrote:.... I don't understand the appeal of caravanning but many people love it.
Fwiw I can't think of a worse way to spend my holiday than marooned on a floating prison with inescapable holidaymakers. Sounds like a living Hell.
Caravans that get taken to places I can understand (although I’ve never used one myself, preferring the freedom of a tent). However those prolific ghettos of thousands of “static homes” that seem to be littering every coastline come a close second to the “Cruise ordeal”
Bratty
Your Bike: Honda CB1000r

Post by Bratty »

I took the wife on one for her 40th in 2008, 10 days around the med from Southampton, it was a huge ship something like 10 decks with its own shopping mall, ice skating rink and a wave rider at the back of the ship, it was an experience but I don't think either of us would want to do it again.
I get knocked down but i get up again.
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Post by rocket »

Did one a few years ago , was round Greece and then Venice Croatia. It was nice waking up to some were different some of the ports in Greece were lovely as it was not a port just a mooring and then you had to catch a boat to the main land most were an industrial port. The holiday it's self was ok the food was ok but very British I like to have something different when I go away. The cabins were tiny and the ship we were on you had to pay quite a bit extra for a double bed so we had two singles and they were at the opposite side of the room. I would not do one again the entertainment was ok The ship it's self was big but not as big as others we saw. I would not do it again.
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Post by rocket »

And yes it was a bit like the six seance .... I see dead people
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

I'd rather drink bleach!
Monty™© MCMLXXII
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

I enjoy Carravannnig. Ever since hiring a campervan in New Zealand for 6 months I love the appeal of travelling to new places.

It's not quite the same as that experiance, but with 4 dogs, we are limited to what holidays we can do. We can't leave that many dogs with people, and there aren't many cottages that allow mroe than 1 dog.

camping is ok, but I like the comfort of a caravan. Have booked Scotland already for next year.

Cruises though.... I was feeling sick on the way to Isle of mann!!!