Selling on eBay

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Selling on eBay

Post by rocket »

Sigh why do I do it selling stuff on eBay is such a pain in the arse the stupid questions and the hassle that goes with it. I need to be a motorbike encyclopaedia as I have to answer questions relating to all the models in the range. Then I get the delboys asking to do magic deals where they give me 2 plastic antic priceless fishes for a 2000k exhaust. I realise I won't get what it's worth but some people just wind you up. Rant over sorry :@
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
bb41
Your Bike: GSXR750

Re: Selling on eBay

Post by bb41 »

Agreed 100%, selling bikes I usually get "how much tax/mileage/MOT on it?" doh it says in the advert

I clearly state "no buy it now price" and invariably I get half a dozen of these

If I sold a 6ft piece of string some wassock would ask me how long it is (punch)

Then there's the pick up, God what a palava is this.

I ask for collection no later than the next weekend so if you are not available to collect straight away then please no bids. Someone wins and then say "oh I'm on holiday in the Maldives for the next 3 weeks can I collect when I come back?"

Well as you have my money and I can't afford diddly squat until you pay no you may not pick it up in 3 weeks as by then I probably would of starved to death
Live each day as your last as one day you'll be right !!
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

not to mention the fees they sting you with every step of the way

Ebay is useful for me if I want something and can['t be arsed to look for it but I very rarely use it to sell stuff and I never bother with making bids, it's best offers or buy it now every time.
Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Post by Cavetroll87 »

bb41 wrote:
If I sold a 6ft piece of string some wassock would ask me how long it is (punch)
not on ebay but someone I know put up an ad for a 6ft Boa Constrictor, the title was "6ft Boa for sale", got at least 3 emails asking how big it was (facepalm)

Just a quick heads up with ebay, if your doing collection, do it cash only, we had someone buy a tv and pay with paypal then collected, it was advertised as collection only, left me positive feedback and everything and then 3 months later claimed it hadnt arrived and despite me showing loads of evidence that he picked it up becuase I didnt have proof of postage I lost, Paypal protects the buyer, not the seller, its crap, its a known scam aswell but ebay wont do anything about it. (gah)
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Kwacky wrote:not to mention the fees they sting you with every step of the way

Ebay is useful for me if I want something and can['t be arsed to look for it but I very rarely use it to sell stuff and I never bother with making bids, it's best offers or buy it now every time.
Ditto. I've been stung too many times.

I use it as a shop now. Nothing else.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Tbh never had much hassle selling bike kit as most bikers are knowledgeable decent people.

Can't say the same when selling baby stuff. People want to pay you pennies and then randomly get in touch about payment and collection. We always give away stuff now can't be bothered with the hassle of trying to sell stuff.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Much a I loathe the site as a complete waste of bandwidth, but we've had a lot of success both buying and selling in local facebook groups.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Cavetroll87

Post by Cavetroll87 »

D6Nutz wrote:Much a I loathe the site as a complete waste of bandwidth, but we've had a lot of success both buying and selling in local facebook groups.
I think Facebook is taking over from a lot of more traditional advertising sites, I have found a lot of snake breeders selling through facebook nowadays in groups and moving away from the sort of sites they used to use
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

I find ebay useful at times. I also love how stupid some buyers are and spend far more on ebay prices than online RRP shop prices.

I get people asking if I will send it abroad despite putting it in the advert that I will not send abroad.

It's a useful tool, but definitely also shop around online.
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Post by rocket »

Apart form ebay were else do you get your bike bits from ?? do you have preferred sites ???? or is it a case of googling what you want ??
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I google mine.

Reactive are pretty good.
http://www.reactiveparts.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I also use Evotech
http://www.evotech-performance.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and Bikers Discount Store
http://www.bikersdiscountstore.co.uk/#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BDS give us a discount.
Cavetroll87

Post by Cavetroll87 »

Oooh what was the code for bds mate as I was looking at keyless filler caps if that's cool
Last edited by Cavetroll87 on 12 Jun 2014, 17:06, edited 1 time in total.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Call them 01256 703593

Tell them you're a member on here. 10% off.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Sometimes eBay does work though. I put my old paddock stand up for a couple of quid. Its 10 or so years old and a bit battered.

Bloke messaged with an offer of more than I was expecting. An hour or so later cash was in my hands and paddock stand off to a new home.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

I use eBay to buy never sold on it before. My GF sells stuff seems ok, I don't bid ever I only buy it now stuff from companies that advertise on eBay, just too lazy to Google it so eBay can be a friend and seems to give you the cheapest prices so quiet happy really!