Mobile Phone Addiction

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Mobile Phone Addiction

Post by Kwacky »

My phone has gone in for repair. The lens needs replacing.

I feel lost without it. All emails and social media are banned at work so I've got no contact with people. I never hand out my work's number so people can't get in touch with me if I haven't got my phone.

It's weird how I've grown dependent on it.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Re: Mobile Phone Addiction

Post by D6Nutz »

Your not alone...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... hones.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

It is frightening the way people spend their days staring at a phone.
Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Post by Cavetroll87 »

I spent all of sunday avoiding my phone as I had recorded the Superbikes and UFC from the night before and didnt want to find out the results, I found it quite refreshing to not be on social media at all, was a nice change and I try and cut down on how much im on it anyway, but I do get what you mean about not being able to contact people, that side of it is horrible if I ever forget my phone at work
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

How did people live when phones werent around!!?? Haha. All seriousness though the last year and half I've become more and more dependant upon it, I only started using a mobile really at the age of 19 and that was only to arrange piss ups. Now I am signed up to this forum and 1 other and Facebook and my whole life has gone into me staring at a phone!! What has happened...though I do find it funny when me and the GF go out for a meal and we look at other couples and they are constantly on their phones...so I'm glad I'm not like that!!
Monty
Your Bike: 2010 ZX6R

Post by Monty »

I'm bloody terrible for it; drives Sarah mad!

Image039 by montyuk1972, on Flickr
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Mac
Your Bike: '04 Triumph Daytona

Post by Mac »

Kwacky wrote:It is frightening the way *my wife* spends *her* days staring at a phone.
This is my life, mate (facepalm)
"When in doubt use full throttle. It may not improve the situation but it will end the suspense ".
Bratty
Your Bike: Honda CB1000r

Post by Bratty »

I'm afraid mines used that much I charge it twice a day lol.
I get knocked down but i get up again.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

The phone shops are refusing to touch it. They reckon my phone is so compact they could cause more damage opening it up to look at the problem.

Oh well, new phone due in November. Until then you'll have to put up with my crappy photos.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

How the he'll did you ruin your phone anyway...did you gave it in your back pocket and sit on it?!
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

No idea. It's only the camera playing up. Photos have a flare where there's light and the light looks very bright.

I thought I had damaged the lens but the shop reckons the camera is damaged.
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

Kwacky wrote:Photos have a flare where there's light and the light looks very bright.
Silly question I know, but have you checked that camera hasn't got it's self into night mode ??

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Well like you say at least you've only got a few months left of contract then can get something else!!
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

D6Nutz wrote: Silly question I know, but have you checked that camera hasn't got it's self into night mode ??
Camera settings have all been kicked back to default and I've tried a few of the options to see if it changes it. It don't.
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

Kwacky wrote:
D6Nutz wrote: Silly question I know, but have you checked that camera hasn't got it's self into night mode ??
Camera settings have all been kicked back to default and I've tried a few of the options to see if it changes it. It don't.
Thats annoying.

I've never really liked the design on the lens on One. The way it sticks out is very open to damage, especially with the flex on the lens cover it wouldn't surprise me if that has got damaged.

Rack up another reason for me to never get another HTC phone. My contracts up at the end of the month so I'm going on a SIM only contract for a bit while I work out which phone I do like. I think I'm going to buy a phone outright though rather than get tied into a contract again, that way if it annoys me or breaks I can flog it on eBay and just buy another phone.

Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I'm looking at how the new Samsung performs. Battery life is key for my next one. Not being able to swap the battery on the HTC is my biggest gripe.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

I've just bought a Sony Xperia. Really impressed with it. Plus I could get it with dual sim which is ideal for me 8)
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

I have the S4, forget battery life it is rubbish, even today I have been over in Norfolk, Essex, and Cambridgeshire, my phone went dead a half 3.......arghhhh,,,, ok for a bit of peace yes, but then I have been listening to messages and reading emails since I got back and stuck on charge....

It's all the things they do in the background that drains them, Bluetooth is a killer.
Charger I hear you say, I know, I know, but that is not the point, especially on a bike, my trip to Wales the other week, I tried to check a few routes on the map, but by then the battery had gone, it went into some safe mode where the screen is so dark you can't see anything any how!

Good phone otherwise, but like you a bad battery does my head in.
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

I've finally got decent battery life out of the One X now.

I rooted it a couple of days ago and installed Cyanogenmod instead of the HTC sense ROM. It's taken a couple of days to get things tidied up again. I've been on battery for a little over 14 hours and I've still got 64% on the battery. I've had WiFi on all day and have 3 email accounts constantly syncing, been out in the car which also meant about half an hour or so on bluetooth.

My requirements for a new phone are not to have to suffer the crap ROMs provided by device manufacturers, then further screwed up by the carriers. I want a clean version of android that I can control in the way I need to, that means either a Nexus device or something I can flash again with Cyanogenmod.

I've got my eye on one of these >> http://oneplus.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; << it's a bit larger than the HTC but the hardware specs are really good, especially for the price.

StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Frankie wrote:I have the S4, forget battery life it is rubbish, even today I have been over in Norfolk, Essex, and Cambridgeshire, my phone went dead a half 3.......arghhhh,,,, ok for a bit of peace yes, but then I have been listening to messages and reading emails since I got back and stuck on charge....

It's all the things they do in the background that drains them, Bluetooth is a killer.
Charger I hear you say, I know, I know, but that is not the point, especially on a bike, my trip to Wales the other week, I tried to check a few routes on the map, but by then the battery had gone, it went into some safe mode where the screen is so dark you can't see anything any how!

Good phone otherwise, but like you a bad battery does my head in.
Fwiw I have an S3, and when I got it Kwacky commented about battery life.
So I have a spare battery, I simply keep the spare fully charged & with me. When the battery in the phone dies I simply swap to the spare & re-charge the flat one when I get home (or work, or wherever).
I've not been caught out once doing this
( (wait) I'm going to regret writing that, aren't I )