How many (instrument) strings in your household?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
beermonster
Your Bike: Between two wheeled victims

How many (instrument) strings in your household?

Post by beermonster »

After puny efforts in the legs and cylinders thread I thought I'd do one I might win!

Guitars - 72
Baritone - 6
Basses - 8
Cello - 4
Mandolin - 8

For a whopping 98....beat that! 8)
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Re: How many (instrument) strings in your household?

Post by Monty »

One bass which currently has 3 strings
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Mac
Your Bike: '04 Triumph Daytona

Post by Mac »

Zeeerrrrooo. Not a musically talented guy, but I wish I was. Now, being a gun crazed Yank and all, if you want to play the firearms game...
"When in doubt use full throttle. It may not improve the situation but it will end the suspense ".
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

One banjo string.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Acoustic guitars - 12
Electric guitars - 24
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Wifey has some g-strings.

Otherwise none :D
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

C00kiemonster wrote:Wifey has some g-strings.

(ttiwwp)
beermonster

Post by beermonster »

Kwacky wrote:

(ttiwwp)
(f1)
Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Post by Cavetroll87 »

guitars - 25 (1's a 7 string although That has been sold and is going in a couple of days)
Ukelele - 4
New strings still in packs - 30

At my peak I think I had something like 14 guitars, cut that right back down to just the 3 once the 7 stringer goes lol
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Just 6. Deany has an acoustic guitar, that she plays beautifully. (nod)

I can make no such claims, besides I'm far too busy tinkering with all those things that have cylinders. (blush)

Besides, I couldn't carry a tune in a bucket. I appreciate good music, but simply marvel at those of you who can create it.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Kwacky wrote:

(ttiwwp)
Here you go

Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

That's one owner found.

Just another 17 to go.
beermonster

Post by beermonster »

Cavetroll87 wrote:guitars - 25 (1's a 7 string although That has been sold and is going in a couple of days)
Ukelele - 4

At my peak I think I had something like 14 guitars, cut that right back down to just the 3 once the 7 stringer goes lol
I did have a 12 string but I sold that to my mate a couple of years ago that got me back to a more manageable 12 guitars! If you're inclucing strings sitll in packets it's probably another 60! (lol)
Cavetroll87

Post by Cavetroll87 »

beermonster wrote:
Cavetroll87 wrote:guitars - 25 (1's a 7 string although That has been sold and is going in a couple of days)
Ukelele - 4

I did have a 12 string but I sold that to my mate a couple of years ago that got me back to a more manageable 12 guitars! If you're inclucing strings sitll in packets it's probably another 60! (lol)
Im eyeing up more but funds are putting a stop to it atm, really could do with another ESP as a back up guitar due to gigging commitments coming up again, as for the band I have the guitars set up quite specifically as we tune to C# standard and I always use a locking trem so just bunging a new string in if it breaks just isnt an option, touch wood ive not broken any on stage yet as I restring every 3 gigs, I think I might get a guitar with a fixed bridge as my back up just so its no fuss incase of issues.
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

beermonster

Post by beermonster »

Cavetroll87 wrote:
Im eyeing up more but funds are putting a stop to it atm, really could do with another ESP as a back up guitar due to gigging commitments coming up again, as for the band I have the guitars set up quite specifically as we tune to C# standard and I always use a locking trem so just bunging a new string in if it breaks just isnt an option, touch wood ive not broken any on stage yet as I restring every 3 gigs, I think I might get a guitar with a fixed bridge as my back up just so its no fuss incase of issues.
I know what you mean about tunings. and trems In Wise Blood I used three different tunings and to save faff I had 3 guitars set up and a couple of back ups - D Standard, Drop C and Drop A flat (baritone)....and we weren't even a metal band! :D I ditched locking trems for stage use about 20 years ago when I got my Yamaha MSG standard and Les Paul Standard and I've not really looked back, though I do have a very nice Yamaha Pacifica 1230S (Tele shape, 3 humbuckers, 24 frets and a Floyd) that comes out in the studio if I need any whammy done. I also use heavy strings (12-52) on the Gibsons...which considering I was the lead guitarist is pretty insane and probably explains why I ended up with carpal tunnel syndrome! (facepalm)
Cavetroll87

Post by Cavetroll87 »

I use Ernie Ball Skinny Top heavy bottom strings, they have a 52 at the bottom but 10 at the top so I find perfect mix of chunkiness for riffing and nice and light on the bottom for the solos, to be honest they are the only strings I use now, the 7 string has a 58 the bottom, that pretty epic, I used to have a barritone at one point, was lovely, esp/ltd f series, I got it before I even really knew what a barritone was as the shop sold to me in standard tuning, needed some sorting out but was amazing once I dropped the Tuning, probably one of the guitars I regret selling most, that and my alexi Lehio,flying V, that was lovely but just didnt get used enough to warrant the price tag so sold it to buy new bike leathers lol Funny I know im not gunna miss the 7 string, decided im not goo enough on 6 to warrant having it any more, although we used an 8 string on some of outr recordings, that was interesting lol
beermonster

Post by beermonster »

Cavetroll87 wrote:I use Ernie Ball Skinny Top heavy bottom strings, they have a 52 at the bottom but 10 at the top so I find perfect mix of chunkiness for riffing and nice and light on the bottom for the solos, to be honest they are the only strings I use now, the 7 string has a 58 the bottom, that pretty epic, I used to have a barritone at one point, was lovely, esp/ltd f series, I got it before I even really knew what a barritone was as the shop sold to me in standard tuning, needed some sorting out but was amazing once I dropped the Tuning, probably one of the guitars I regret selling most, that and my alexi Lehio,flying V, that was lovely but just didnt get used enough to warrant the price tag so sold it to buy new bike leathers lol Funny I know im not gunna miss the 7 string, decided im not goo enough on 6 to warrant having it any more, although we used an 8 string on some of outr recordings, that was interesting lol
I use Elixirs and my Fender scales have their light-heavy sets which are also 10-52 for much the same reason! Sounds like we have pretty similar tastes. My baritone is strung 12-68 by the way....and I still had to solo on it!
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Shame I am rubbish though :( ha ha
reedy
Your Bike:

Post by reedy »