Mr Postman

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Re: Mr Postman

Post by Blade »

Stonesie wrote:That's the GT's thing, stomping out of corners without revving it's nuts off. For a track bike, a Daytona 675 takes some beating.

I took this out too Stonesie (lol)
20190704_153550-3024x2268.jpg
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

Kwacky wrote:Torque is for lazy riders
My ears are burning!
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

A puke yellow Beemer.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Itchy wrote:
My ears are burning!
You have to ride your bike before I can call you a lazy rider
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

And I love it.

When you are two up on an unfamiliar road you can jamb ya high revving gear changing 4 pots up your clacker 8)
Last edited by kiwikrasher on 04 Jul 2019, 22:00, edited 1 time in total.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Blade

Post by Blade »

duke63 wrote:A puke yellow Beemer.
She's no looker, but she is a mover (happy)
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Cav wrote:I agree with you completely Blade... it's why I want a 1000 road bike and a 600 track bike
Yep got that, best combination.... I love my 600 on the track lots of engaging fun 8)
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

You guys need to woman up
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Just to add my two cents to the speeding comments, Yes I know the speed limits are there for a reason, and we all know they are going down even more in so many areas, so many town and city's down to 20 MPH.... out of town nationals going to 50's.

Yes I agree speed increases the severity of the accident in many cases, you cannot deny this, and I know the powers to be have to cater for the masses. But in my opinion a fundamental issues has been papered over here by just reducing speeds, and that the amount of people who seem to manage to get a driving license in the first place. car, bike, bus or whatever, the state of peoples space awareness or is it just pure arrogance?, but the lack of judgement on positon in the road, the thought process, what is likely to happen if I stop here scenario, these thoughts just don't seem to happen. Road users seem to care about one thing and one thing only, themselves!!!!! This kind of selfish attitude cannot be corrected by speed limits alone, it can only increase the percentage of survival on what is going to happen when two of these types of road users meet each other. I spend my life in the car and on the bike, taking avoiding actions by seeing what it coming. Mainly people driving over the lines into my space (daily) if I was to have the same lack of (well what ever it is they lack) I would likely not be here. Sad really, my days of going out for a fun Sunday drive went years ago, now its the bike, and even that is not as easy as it was :(
This level of skill has most likely taken us to the point we are at, and the downward spiral has gone beyond that point of no return. there needs to be a massive shake up of the attitude behind the wheel or bars, before the roads truly become safer, not just reducing speed limits.
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

Kwacky wrote:
Itchy wrote:
My ears are burning!
You have to ride your bike before I can call you a lazy rider
I'm so lazy though...
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Frankie wrote:Just to add my two cents to the speeding comments, Yes I know the speed limits are there for a reason, and we all know they are going down even more in so many areas, so many town and city's down to 20 MPH.... out of town nationals going to 50's.

Yes I agree speed increases the severity of the accident in many cases, you cannot deny this, and I know the powers to be have to cater for the masses. But in my opinion a fundamental issues has been papered over here by just reducing speeds, and that the amount of people who seem to manage to get a driving license in the first place. car, bike, bus or whatever, the state of peoples space awareness or is it just pure arrogance?, but the lack of judgement on positon in the road, the thought process, what is likely to happen if I stop here scenario, these thoughts just don't seem to happen. Road users seem to care about one thing and one thing only, themselves!!!!! This kind of selfish attitude cannot be corrected by speed limits alone, it can only increase the percentage of survival on what is going to happen when two of these types of road users meet each other. I spend my life in the car and on the bike, taking avoiding actions by seeing what it coming. Mainly people driving over the lines into my space (daily) if I was to have the same lack of (well what ever it is they lack) I would likely not be here. Sad really, my days of going out for a fun Sunday drive went years ago, now its the bike, and even that is not as easy as it was :(
This level of skill has most likely taken us to the point we are at, and the downward spiral has gone beyond that point of no return. there needs to be a massive shake up of the attitude behind the wheel or bars, before the roads truly become safer, not just reducing speed limits.

It's like most things in modern society, the rules are set to protect the stupid and dumbed down for everyone rather than the common sense middle ground.

Society is getting less capable so therefore the rules get worse sadly.

Personal responsibility is sadly lacking now.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

Frankie wrote:Just to add my two cents to the speeding comments, Yes I know the speed limits are there for a reason, and we all know they are going down even more in so many areas, so many town and city's down to 20 MPH.... out of town nationals going to 50's.

This is why I focus on track riding. I can push it when I want - I can "cruise" when I want and I can practice doing daft things like powersliding, backing it in and elbow down.

Slight side note but with how good tyres are these days, it's part of the reason riding on the road isn't so fun - give me incredible feedback, less grip and a softer bike like an MT09 and I'll probably have the best time of my life on the road and rarely go +20mph over the limit because the fun will be more accessible.

I just drove a 50 mile round trip through the Forest of Dean in my A4 - stuck to most limits - got 63mpg - and I had a good time. If I could do the same sort of thing on a road bike I would (y)
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Versys 650 for that ;)
Cav

Post by Cav »

True.. I suppose that's why I enjoyed my SV650S on the road more than the ZX6R. Downside with the Suzuki is it's trying to be something it isn't - a sportsbike and I suppose that's where the Versys steps in as it isn't an imposter
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

A t-shirt

I didn't realise it's got motivational shit on the back.

Another one for the returns
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Kwacky wrote:A t-shirt

I didn't realise it's got motivational shit on the back.

Another one for the returns
Defo don't want anyone to feel motivated, no time for that shit ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

A new bike cover.. XL (facepalm)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Blade

Post by Blade »

A selection of different coffee's (coffee
Cav

Post by Cav »

Blade wrote:A selection of different coffee's (coffee
Bean, ground or pod? I love coffee
Blade