Mr Postman

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Re: Mr Postman

Post by Blade »

Rossgo wrote:Didnt get these through the post instead I picked these up at Costco.
Fantastic Bluetooth head phones. My last headphones have lasted a long time but now the leather ear piece are deteriorating so I needed an upgrade. Had a choice between the Bose or the sony. Sony were slightly more but reviews suggest these are slightly better, they are excellent Image

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Hi Rossgo. My boy wants these headphones.

Can i ask how much they are in Costco. John Lewis and Richersounds are 259
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

I want to get the Sony EarBuds with active noise cancelling but they're £180... I've never spent more than £35 on headphones before.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Blade wrote:
Rossgo wrote:Didnt get these through the post instead I picked these up at Costco.
Fantastic Bluetooth head phones. My last headphones have lasted a long time but now the leather ear piece are deteriorating so I needed an upgrade. Had a choice between the Bose or the sony. Sony were slightly more but reviews suggest these are slightly better, they are excellent Image

Hi Rossgo. My boy wants these headphones.

Can i ask how much they are in Costco. John Lewis and Richersounds are 259
Hi Blade. I paid £240 I believe. They are defo worth it. That noise cancelling is brilliant. It was errie when I put it on in the shop to try out - people were walking past and I couldn't hear them! Sound is great. They also had the Bose Q35 - or something like that, it's the revivals sony and Bose - they were great too

Your lad has great taste, he certainly won't be disappointed with them.

Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Cav wrote:I want to get the Sony EarBuds with active noise cancelling but they're £180... I've never spent more than £35 on headphones before.
Fully understand mate. My dad had a pair of over ear head phones when I was growing up, he loved and still does love music so he splashed out! He is the tightest bloke on earth but if its something that will last and are good quality then he would spend on it, those were excellent. Gone now but I remember them being around for quite some time as I uses to use them too!

My Mrs picked me up some Sony headphones for £150 they were excellent however now the leather is falling apart. But these new bluetooth ones are the best by far.

I have got my dads traits in me, if i can buy cheap then i usually do (apart from certain things) but these headphones are defo worth the money. I used them for a couple of hours and the battery still saying 100% and I've heard people can use them for a long time before having to charge. (30 hour usage time)

Cav - so what's my point I hear you ask......you are a hard working man who works to provide and earns enough for luxuries if you want the EarBuds then go out and buy them, they will prob last you years so the investment of £180 could be very reasonable over 5 years long service Image

Cav

Post by Cav »

Haha.. my time of spare money is coming to an end now. I needed to take a mortgage holiday due to change of job plus changing the cars meant I was short changed. I used that opporuntity to pay a bit off my credit card and to make strong steps to finishing the workshop.

I mainly want the earpod style for when I start cycling and also for doing jobs like cutting the grass or strimming. I have cheap Sony over ear headphones which I use as my office headset but they're not great for cycling (plus I look like a bell)
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Cav wrote:Haha.. my time of spare money is coming to an end now. I needed to take a mortgage holiday due to change of job plus changing the cars meant I was short changed. I used that opporuntity to pay a bit off my credit card and to make strong steps to finishing the workshop.

I mainly want the earpod style for when I start cycling and also for doing jobs like cutting the grass or strimming. I have cheap Sony over ear headphones which I use as my office headset but they're not great for cycling (plus I look like a bell)
Ahh right mate. Yea I can see tight now it must be tough. Hopefully won't be long until you bounce back

Hope your new job is going well bud

Yea I can see what you mean, over ears are crap for any activity like that, your be sweating like a f&*ker using them whole cycling lol.

I think these ear buds need to be on your list for Christmas/ birthday?!

Blade

Post by Blade »

Cheers Rossgo. We had tried the Bose and Sony in John Lewis and the Sony were noticeable better (y)

He's saved his pocket money up for the new xbox but has some spare coin so wants new headphones. He's very good in that he searches and reads reviews to decide what he wants and then is disciplined in saving up for it.
Cav

Post by Cav »

Rossgo wrote: I think these ear buds need to be on your list for Christmas/ birthday?!
Great idea!
Blade

Post by Blade »

Winner winner chicken dinner. My boy has given me his old Beats Bluetooth Earphones as he is getting a new pair. (y)
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Blade wrote:Cheers Rossgo. We had tried the Bose and Sony in John Lewis and the Sony were noticeable better (y)

He's saved his pocket money up for the new xbox but has some spare coin so wants new headphones. He's very good in that he searches and reads reviews to decide what he wants and then is disciplined in saving up for it.
He sounds very level headed. Many teens and adults a like just spend without having any knowledge. You have raised him right mate

Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Cav wrote:
Rossgo wrote: I think these ear buds need to be on your list for Christmas/ birthday?!
Great idea!
To right mate Image

Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Blade wrote:Winner winner chicken dinner. My boy has given me his old Beats Bluetooth Earphones as he is getting a new pair. (y)
Result! Image

D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Cav wrote: I mainly want the earpod style for when I start cycling and also for doing jobs like cutting the grass or strimming. I have cheap Sony over ear headphones which I use as my office headset but they're not great for cycling (plus I look like a bell)
Aftershokz.. best headphones ever for running/cycling. They are bone conductive so you can hear the music clear as normal headphones, but still hear what's going on around you. Much safer than wearing normal headphones and not being able to hear the car coming up behind you.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Might be needing some of those as a hearing aid soon! :?
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Blade wrote:Winner winner chicken dinner. My boy has given me his old Beats Bluetooth Earphones as he is getting a new pair. (y)
You obviously haven’t trained him up properly yet otherwise he would have sold them to you (lol)
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Blade

Post by Blade »

kiwikrasher wrote:
You obviously haven’t trained him up properly yet otherwise he would have sold them to you (lol)
Nah he is well trained don't worry about that. We discussed a sale but as I gave him 60 quid for working hard in lockdown and winning some awards from school he offered the head phones to me gratis. It is an internal trade after all ;)

But only after valuing them on ebay completed items first and seeing how much he was giving his old dad (y)

The boy will do well . He's cleverer than his old man, with much more potential, so if I can instill some savy he will be a proper weapon (giggle)
Cav

Post by Cav »

Coffee :) 6 bags of the ground stuff
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Some shiny sprocket nuts for the Honda
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Guitar strings.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Got home to all my offshore internet shopping

6 bottles of gin
Food Dehydrator
Greenstone Pokurua (Pendant) (Jess’ early birthday pressie)
4WD recovery gear kit
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.