What are you doing today ??

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Re: What are you doing today ??

Post by Blade »

Enjoy it cookie, I have some in stock so will have a tipple later and raise a glass to you and Jane (y) .

Very nice on its own, but recently I've occasionally been having a tipple with ginger ale, and some orange zest. Nice drink on a hot day.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Blade wrote:Enjoy it cookie, I have some in stock so will have a tipple later and raise a glass to you and Jane (y) .

Very nice on its own, but recently I've occasionally been having a tipple with ginger ale, and some orange zest. Nice drink on a hot day.
They do this for cocktails and mixers now : http://www.hinecognac.com/cognacs/h-by-hine/

We had some in a cocktail with ginger ale and a slice of lime - lovely.

Cheers! (groupdrink)
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

Today I chopped up the living room carpet and underlay, rolled and taped into small roll's then took a hammer and crowbar to the old grip strips which were nailed down to the concrete floor... Then hoovered.

Next was a trip to B&Q for more sanding pads, door handles and some undercoat, failed on that as they don't sell the Crown breath easy paint that my parents want, it's almost completely odourless. And the local decorating place which does sell it is closed on Fridays.
Just got in from the supermarket and that's my day.

Looking forward to beer.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Stonesie wrote:Today I chopped up the living room carpet and underlay, rolled and taped into small roll's ........
Who got murdered.?
Stonesie

Post by Stonesie »

Nobody! (bandit)

:D :D :D
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

You're putting down hard surface, Stonesie??
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Stonesie wrote:Nobody! (bandit)

Yet.

He's prepping
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Going home. Really don’t want to return to rain and broken Britain.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

After the anniversary of the first moon landings a few weeks ago we ve been inspired and are going to Jodrell Bank for a family day out.

Was going to be a bike day but the kids are bored and my back hurts so scrubbed the biking plans for today. Will give the Porker a good spanking on the lanes down there as a consolation though (lol)
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Blade wrote: Was going to be a bike day but the kids are bored and my back hurts so scrubbed the biking plans for today. Will give the Porker a good spanking on the lanes down there as a consolation though (lol)

I would get kicked in the balls if I called my wife Porker
Stonesie

Post by Stonesie »

Off to pick up the new helmet in the car, then it would be rude not to get the bike out later... If the rain holds off.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Kwacky wrote:
Blade wrote: Was going to be a bike day but the kids are bored and my back hurts so scrubbed the biking plans for today. Will give the Porker a good spanking on the lanes down there as a consolation though (lol)

Doesn't that mean he's going to find one of his favourite lay-bys for a timmy tank?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

D6Nutz wrote:
Kwacky wrote:

Doesn't that mean he's going to find one of his favourite lay-bys for a timmy tank?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Stonesie

Post by Stonesie »

Got it, and did a good deed on the way home, spotted a bandit pulled up with the rider having a look at the rear tyre so I pulled in and helped him to figure out his puncture repair kit.
Then found a second puncture, I have a tyre inflator in the car so used that rather than the Co2 cartridges, 3 of those wouldn't have been enough.

Must buy a puncture repair kit.
Stonesie

Post by Stonesie »

Just a follow-up, I have been browsing and comparing since I don't really fancy the "sticky string" style that I saw used today, also don't want to be reliant on a finite supply of tiny gas cylinders, you can only carry so many and in a situation like today where one puncture gets fixed, inflate tyre, hear another hiss and start the process again they are useless.

So I have just ordered this, should fit under the GT's back seat, fingers crossed.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/401502538468" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

That looks good mate, I have the kit, but not the pump, to be fair two gas canisters gets enough in the Tyre to get to a garage to pump up. Believe me I have had my fair share of punctures for sure. Fits under the back seat nicely. I would also suggest a few pairs of vinyl gloves, its gets a little messy.
D41

Post by D41 »

Don't forget that the CO2 from the canisters will bleed out through the rubber after a few hours.
Just in case you thought the puncture couldn't be fixed, and went out & bought ANOTHER brand new tyre TOTALLY. FRICKIN'. UNNECESSARILY!!!!!

(allegedly).
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

D41 wrote:Don't forget that the CO2 from the canisters will bleed out through the rubber after a few hours.
Just in case you thought the puncture couldn't be fixed, and went out & bought ANOTHER brand new tyre TOTALLY. FRICKIN'. UNNECESSARILY!!!!!

(allegedly).
I call bullshit on this , if CO2 leached through the rubber you would need to constantly top up the air pressure in your tyres unless you used nitrogen or pure oxygen instead of compressed air which has an amount of co2 in it
D41

Post by D41 »

Call it whatever you wish, I don't mind. But it will still bleed through....the CO2 "molecules" are smaller than air, or something like that.
TBH I should've known better....I've had it happen before enough times on bicycles.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

It won’t bleed out in a ‘few hours’ but D41 is partially right. You will loss pressure from a CO2 inflated tyre quicker that air. It’s not due to mole size though as CO2 has a larger mole size than N2 and O2 (99% components of air). The problem is CO2 has faster permeability due to the carbon atom being able to interact with the Hydrocarbon based rubber easier. Lot of science behind it, but we thrashed this to death at the Refinery with the help of one of the Chemical Engineers.

The reason the spandex crowd notice it more is due to bike tyres/Tubes being constructed of thinner material. In Automotive uses you will lose pressure faster over time compared to air, but only noticeable in weeks not hours.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.