Classic TT cancelled

Professional and amateur racing chat and results WARNING - MAY CONTAIN RACE RESULTS
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Classic TT cancelled

Post by duke63 »

I think this year will be a write off for sport :(
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Re: Classic TT cancelled

Post by StMarks »

(wait)
duke63 wrote:I think this year will be a write off..... :(
:|
Last edited by StMarks on 04 May 2020, 21:04, edited 1 time in total.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

It might be cheap to get to the Island this year though (rock)
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Another one of my plans this year scuppered |(
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

I think most plans for this year have been scuppered !! two euro track days already cancelled for this year, dont see the point in planning anything.
I dont fancy jumping on a plane to anywhere any time soon even if they are going to fly..... its bad enough when someone sneezes on a bloody plane as it is... let alone something like this.

However happy to jump on my bike :) ah the bike, how I miss you......
duke63

Post by duke63 »

I don't think free and easy travel will happen until either there is a vaccine or the knowledge of how the virus works and spreads is much better known.

I may be wrong of course. My thinking is most of the lockdown will continue for another three weeks.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

I do believe project fear is making people more worried then they need to be.

I agree on not planning and not wanting to get on a plane but the local radio keeps reporting people are fearful of returning to work.

Unless you have underlying health issues, I personally think of your sensible and your employer adopts safe practices of work there is little to fear or retuning to work. In fact I've not stopped working since the outbreak.

I think some people believe if they get it, its a guaranteed death sentence.

For the majority of healthy people who are sensible and follow govermwnt advice there is not alot to be fearful of imo.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

I don't want to sound like I'm having a pop at you, but your post comes across as "I'm alright Jack, so I'll carry on as normal".

Even if you believe that you're close to immune to it, others aren't. It's killing people. Normal, healthy people are dying from it as well as people with other issues. You could be a carrier of the virus and be asymptomatic. The virus survives by being passed on. If everyone plays their part and stays in for a few weeks it can't be spread. It's as simple as that. The countries that went for a proper lock down prove that's the most effective way of dealing with it.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

if we want this to go away we have to accept a new normal for quite a while
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

I dont know about project fear? the numbers speak for themselves, UK and worldwide.
I would be ok jumping on a bus or a plane if i knew that everyone around me had taken the same care over staying healthy as my family and me.
The sad truth they have not, yes I could be ok and have nothing worse than a sore throat or cold, but I could pass this on to someone less able to fight i! hence why I am trying to be safe. If and when the have a cure, I would feel less worried about mixing.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Totally misunderstood guys. Please read my post again after reading below for clarification.

All I'm saying is the media is making people believe its not safe to return to a cv19 safe work place and in no way am I saying I'm alright Jack. Come on how long have you known me? I wouldn't be like that. What I was trying to say is I practice what I preach and feel safe at work.

My personal view is with safe practices adopted for the average healthy individual returning to a safe and controlled work place is nothing to be over fearful off.

Just my opinion and the staff working in B&Q which I have just visited did not seem to feel differently. There was plenty of safe precautions in place for their safety and well being as there was at the tip I previously visited.

Its a different world and things will be done differently but my personal view is the healthy have little to fear from returning to a safe and well managed, cv19 considered work place.

A few of you on here believe you may have had it at the beginning of the year and no one was fearful then. We are starting to move out of lockdown with more places of work being available. It will be at least a year before we have a safe vaccine so for now is it not practicable to return to a different but safe place of work?
duke63

Post by duke63 »

I don’t think it’s quite as clear cut as being healthy means your system can cope with it.

I know one female friend in her early 30s with no underlying health problems, fit as **** (in more ways than one) who ended up on a ventilator after contracting it. Fortunately she is now recovered but it was touch and go at one point.

I think the lack of understanding by even the best medical scientists as to how and why the virus works is what is stopping things being able to go back to normal any time soon.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Guys I ve not said I'm immune nor I have I said all of the the healthy will be fine and cope with CV19, nor do I think I'm alright Jack.

All I've said is the healthy can imo return to a safe place of work that has adopted practices to cope with CV19 without being over fearful of such.

The reality is we have to get back to a certain level of normality. New working practices and safety of workers will mean significant changes in all work places, something I willing embrace and support but a controlled and staged opening of industry will and needs to happen.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

without testing we dont know whos healthy though do we ? and you cant assume the general population will adhere to safe working practices when in reality they wont because the world is full of Chavs and greedy profit driven shareholders
Blade

Post by Blade »

If any employee doesn't adhere to new or old for that matter, safe working practices when in the work place its a disciplinary issue for the employer and shouldn't be tolerated.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Perkles wrote:without testing we dont know whos healthy though do we ? and you cant assume the general population will adhere to safe working practices when in reality they wont because the world is full of Chavs and greedy profit driven shareholders
On that basis should we tell all supermarket workers, farmers, delivery drivers etc....to go home, the chavs and greedy are now in charge and no where is safe.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Blade wrote:
Perkles wrote:without testing we dont know whos healthy though do we ? and you cant assume the general population will adhere to safe working practices when in reality they wont because the world is full of Chavs and greedy profit driven shareholders
On that basis should we tell all supermarket workers, farmers, delivery drivers etc....to go home, the chavs and greedy are now in charge and no where is safe.
I agree
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

Blade wrote:
To be honest, everyone should be able to stay home except for those who make and provide essential goods (food and bog roll). Home delivery only and strict H&S guidelines for those who have to work.

You could reduce total length of lockdown to 3-6 weeks "easily".

But obviously a limp path was chosen which is why we're know the highest death rate country in the EU.

In all honesty I'm past caring about what they decide to do and I'm just looking after myself and my Wife as best possible through good hygiene, plenty of hand washing and sanitation plus washing my hands as soon as I get in and changing my clothes.