Marquez completes practice sweep

Professional and amateur racing chat and results WARNING - MAY CONTAIN RACE RESULTS
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Re: Marquez completes practice sweep

Post by D6Nutz »

Holy crap, what's this boy like !!

I don't normally get to watch FP an qually, but I'm glad I did today as that was quite an exhibition. Doing a stoppie uphill with his foot on the deck while turning in to turn 1 = (shocked) but dropping the front with his feet of the pegs and then going on to set the pole time - (shocked) (shocked) (shocked)

The boy is either very lucky or a riding genius or maybe just a little bit of both ..
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

D6Nutz wrote:....The boy is either very lucky or a riding genius or maybe just a little bit of both ..
Don't they say there is a fine line between genius & madness.?
StMarquez is certainly exceptionally gifted, & don't we all make our own luck to a certain extent.?

I personally can just appreciate the fact that I am privileged to be able to watch him illustrating his talents.

I wonder how great the stage would be looking if we hadn't already lost Marco.?
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

I don't think Simoncelli was anywhere near the level Marquez is at...though nor is anyone else either really.

Best to make the most of watching him because, although you don't want to think it, you can't help feel that somewhere there is a huge crash waiting to happen and he will probably never ride quite the same level again afterwards. You cannot defy the laws of physics forever.