Argentina MotoGP

Professional and amateur racing chat and results WARNING - MAY CONTAIN RACE RESULTS

Re: Argentina MotoGP

Postby Jack » 10 Apr 2018, 13:48

2 things that disappoint me about this race , Jack was robbed of at least a podium and possibly a win , Cal isn't getting the praise he deserves , he has now won more races at the highest level than any Brit since Barry Sheene , he is the only Brit to lead the championship since Barry and the majority of the British public have no idea who he is .
Jack
 
Posts: 1255
Joined: 11 Mar 2014, 21:49
Has thanked: 496 times
Been thanked: 528 times
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 600

Re: Argentina MotoGP

Postby Kwacky » 10 Apr 2018, 14:05

Midlands Today did a report yesterday about his win.
User avatar
Kwacky
 
Posts: 24482
Joined: 21 Oct 2013, 21:52
Location: Brum
Has thanked: 1736 times
Been thanked: 3961 times
Your Bike: Versys 650 GT

Re: Argentina MotoGP

Postby Cav » 10 Apr 2018, 14:10

kiwikrasher wrote:
Cav wrote:MM on VR was not a bad move in the slightest, MM didn't knock VR off the bike or the circuit, VR took himself of the circuit and fell because he was trying to lean on wet grass - a man of his calibre should know that will never work.

I haven't seen the other passes by MM to have any comment on them but that one on VR was absolutely fine. Also, he did look back and put his hand up


Nothing about that pass was right, there was no room and he pushed Rossi right off the racing line and eventually onto the grass.

There was loads of room! they weren't together on the outside half of the circuit, besides the initial contact the rest was down to Rossi. He wasn't good enough to save it.
Cav
 
Posts: 2640
Joined: 27 Oct 2015, 12:00
Has thanked: 112 times
Been thanked: 419 times
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Re: Argentina MotoGP

Postby Kwacky » 10 Apr 2018, 14:26

Rossi is a moody git at the best of times. It doesn't take much to wind him up.
User avatar
Kwacky
 
Posts: 24482
Joined: 21 Oct 2013, 21:52
Location: Brum
Has thanked: 1736 times
Been thanked: 3961 times
Your Bike: Versys 650 GT

Re: Argentina MotoGP

Postby rocket » 10 Apr 2018, 15:41

Cav wrote:
kiwikrasher wrote:
Cav wrote:MM on VR was not a bad move in the slightest, MM didn't knock VR off the bike or the circuit, VR took himself of the circuit and fell because he was trying to lean on wet grass - a man of his calibre should know that will never work.

I haven't seen the other passes by MM to have any comment on them but that one on VR was absolutely fine. Also, he did look back and put his hand up


Nothing about that pass was right, there was no room and he pushed Rossi right off the racing line and eventually onto the grass.

There was loads of room! they weren't together on the outside half of the circuit, besides the initial contact the rest was down to Rossi. He wasn't good enough to save it.


Not sure i agree with that he pushed him wide as he admits he was on the damp and braking. He pushed him on the grass mid corner not much chance of staying on,
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
User avatar
rocket
 
Posts: 2344
Joined: 21 May 2014, 20:12
Has thanked: 617 times
Been thanked: 678 times
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Re: Argentina MotoGP

Postby Cav » 10 Apr 2018, 18:12

MM pushed VR wide, yes; exactly the same as VR has done to countless people in his career.

The difference is, however, VR took himself onto the grass and decided to continue leaning which is what caused the crash.
Cav
 
Posts: 2640
Joined: 27 Oct 2015, 12:00
Has thanked: 112 times
Been thanked: 419 times
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Re: Argentina MotoGP

Postby Monty » 10 Apr 2018, 18:42

MM knew exactly what he did, he put his hand up to say sorry.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
User avatar
Monty
 
Posts: 4417
Joined: 12 Mar 2014, 07:59
Location: Buxton
Has thanked: 1122 times
Been thanked: 1117 times
Your Bike: 2010 ZX6R

Re: Argentina MotoGP

Postby rocket » 10 Apr 2018, 19:04

Cav wrote:MM pushed VR wide, yes; exactly the same as VR has done to countless people in his career.

The difference is, however, VR took himself onto the grass and decided to continue leaning which is what caused the crash.


Yep .... he acutaly did a better job of waiting for mm and then slowing down and pushing him. Im not defending Rossi or MM.

But disagree with him taking him self on to the grass if he was just going to throw it down WHY bump start it and try to get back into the race, That circuit was wet off line on slicks what could he do lean more power up he was heading out .
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
User avatar
rocket
 
Posts: 2344
Joined: 21 May 2014, 20:12
Has thanked: 617 times
Been thanked: 678 times
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Re: Argentina MotoGP

Postby duke63 » 11 Apr 2018, 08:20

Dovi has made some interesting comments without getting involved in the Rossi vMM spat.

Would be great to see him or Cal or someone else different win the Championship. I very much doubt Honda would let Cal finish above MM though.
User avatar
duke63
 
Posts: 7878
Joined: 22 Oct 2013, 07:34
Location: Staffordshire
Has thanked: 1754 times
Been thanked: 1952 times
Your Bike: Ducati 748 and Multistrada 1200

Re: Argentina MotoGP

Postby Kwacky » 11 Apr 2018, 08:34

Can you see Cal agreeing to go along with that?
User avatar
Kwacky
 
Posts: 24482
Joined: 21 Oct 2013, 21:52
Location: Brum
Has thanked: 1736 times
Been thanked: 3961 times
Your Bike: Versys 650 GT

Re: Argentina MotoGP

Postby Jack » 11 Apr 2018, 08:40

Kwacky wrote:Can you see Cal agreeing to go along with that?


No , Cal would rather take the wins that he could and look for a new job next year
Jack
 
Posts: 1255
Joined: 11 Mar 2014, 21:49
Has thanked: 496 times
Been thanked: 528 times
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 600

Re: Argentina MotoGP

Postby duke63 » 11 Apr 2018, 09:07

Kwacky wrote:Can you see Cal agreeing to go along with that?


No but he won’t have any say in it.

Easy enough for HRC engineers to make his bike slower.
User avatar
duke63
 
Posts: 7878
Joined: 22 Oct 2013, 07:34
Location: Staffordshire
Has thanked: 1754 times
Been thanked: 1952 times
Your Bike: Ducati 748 and Multistrada 1200

Re: Argentina MotoGP

Postby Cav » 11 Apr 2018, 09:29

duke63 wrote:
Kwacky wrote:Can you see Cal agreeing to go along with that?


No but he won’t have any say in it.

Easy enough for HRC engineers to make his bike slower.

If MotoGP bikes are anything like F1 cars, you can force an engine failure remotely
Cav
 
Posts: 2640
Joined: 27 Oct 2015, 12:00
Has thanked: 112 times
Been thanked: 419 times
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Re: Argentina MotoGP

Postby Jack » 11 Apr 2018, 09:37

They can't alter the engine its sealed , his electronics engineers are LCR not HRC , I don't see what else they could do to slow the bike and could you imagine what Cal and his team would say if HRC tried to slow his bike on purpose , it would be a PR nightmare for Honda and no satellite team would trust HRC to supply decent machinery and I imagine both the FIA and Dorna would not look kindly on them trying to influence the championship outcome . I think it would be good for Honda to let Cal or Dani to win the title - our bike is so good we don't even need our main man to win a title sort of thing . The only thing that can be controlled from the pits is the dashboard info , I believe everything is either pre-programmed into the ECU or rider controlled .
Jack
 
Posts: 1255
Joined: 11 Mar 2014, 21:49
Has thanked: 496 times
Been thanked: 528 times
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 600

Re: Argentina MotoGP

Postby Kwacky » 11 Apr 2018, 09:39

Pedrosa is having another operation for another broken bone. I don't think he's going to be in the running this season.
User avatar
Kwacky
 
Posts: 24482
Joined: 21 Oct 2013, 21:52
Location: Brum
Has thanked: 1736 times
Been thanked: 3961 times
Your Bike: Versys 650 GT

Re: Argentina MotoGP

Postby rocket » 11 Apr 2018, 09:58

Thats a shame he has shite luck
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
User avatar
rocket
 
Posts: 2344
Joined: 21 May 2014, 20:12
Has thanked: 617 times
Been thanked: 678 times
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Re: Argentina MotoGP

Postby Cav » 11 Apr 2018, 10:06

Jack wrote:They can't alter the engine its sealed , his electronics engineers are LCR not HRC , I don't see what else they could do to slow the bike and could you imagine what Cal and his team would say if HRC tried to slow his bike on purpose , it would be a PR nightmare for Honda and no satellite team would trust HRC to supply decent machinery and I imagine both the FIA and Dorna would not look kindly on them trying to influence the championship outcome . I think it would be good for Honda to let Cal or Dani to win the title - our bike is so good we don't even need our main man to win a title sort of thing . The only thing that can be controlled from the pits is the dashboard info , I believe everything is either pre-programmed into the ECU or rider controlled .

[HRC to LCR]: "We've spotted a manufacturing defect which could reduce life span of critical engine components, you need to reduce your mapping by 5% until we get the next batch through."

Something like that would work
Cav
 
Posts: 2640
Joined: 27 Oct 2015, 12:00
Has thanked: 112 times
Been thanked: 419 times
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Re: Argentina MotoGP

Postby duke63 » 11 Apr 2018, 10:17

It’s done all the time in F1. They don’t need to make mechanical changes, it can all be done by mapping. Or even just giving MM newer and better parts and not passing them on to LCR.
User avatar
duke63
 
Posts: 7878
Joined: 22 Oct 2013, 07:34
Location: Staffordshire
Has thanked: 1754 times
Been thanked: 1952 times
Your Bike: Ducati 748 and Multistrada 1200

Re: Argentina MotoGP

Postby Jack » 11 Apr 2018, 11:28

duke63 wrote:It’s done all the time in F1. They don’t need to make mechanical changes, it can all be done by mapping. Or even just giving MM newer and better parts and not passing them on to LCR.


The engines are sealed for the season you aren't allowed to upgrade the internals
Jack
 
Posts: 1255
Joined: 11 Mar 2014, 21:49
Has thanked: 496 times
Been thanked: 528 times
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 600

Re: Argentina MotoGP

Postby Jack » 11 Apr 2018, 11:37

Cav wrote:[HRC to LCR]: "We've spotted a manufacturing defect which could reduce life span of critical engine components, you need to reduce your mapping by 5% until we get the next batch through."

Something like that would work


If I was anything to do with LCR I'd want evidence and to see at least one engine failure on circuit or I'd ignore the "advice" .
I'd also want evidence that the factory team was doing the same , I'd need to see a 5% reduction in their performance before I accepted it.
LCR are not operating in MotoGP for the fun of it , it is a commercial enterprise they have responsibility and liabilities just like any other company and I doubt they would jeopardise their on track success as it directly impacts on their financial success.
Jack
 
Posts: 1255
Joined: 11 Mar 2014, 21:49
Has thanked: 496 times
Been thanked: 528 times
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 600

PreviousNext

Return to On the Track

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest