Michael Dunlop racing with Tyco BMW

Professional and amateur racing chat and results WARNING - MAY CONTAIN RACE RESULTS
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Michael Dunlop racing with Tyco BMW

Post by duke63 »

Announced today that Micky D will be on the Tyco BMW in the super bikes road races this season. With both Hutcy and McGuinnes a doubt for the TT he must be odds on to win.
Jack
Your Bike:

Re: Michael Dunlop racing with Tyco BMW

Post by Jack »

Hickman and Hillier are both improving and I wouldn't count out either of them , I think Dean Harrison and Josh Brookes could both be a threat but I would have to agree that Michael would be the favourite to win , I would like to see McPint be competetive on the Norton but that depends on his fitness
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

If McGuiness is fit (big if) and the Norton is reliable I think a podium is definitely a possibility.

Would love to see Hicky standing on the top step
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

It sounds bad but I'm waiting for MD to have a big, life changing off sooner or later. There's no doubt he's a very talented rider but he seems a lot closer to the limits than every other competitor.

Dean Harrison is definitely one to look out for, maybe Hickman, maybe Hillier. I'd like to see Anstey with another win
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Post by rocket »

Great news about md. The media like to portray him as the bad hard man of the pits. But when you are there and speak to people about him I think you'll find he's quite the opposite. He came out spoke to be with the fans straight after the racing and took his shirt of his back for a.little girl.

Would not wish a big off on anyone I don't think any of us realise what they put them selves through to race at that level on the road...

If that Honda is on song hutchy is going to up there. Hicky was so close last year to a win and i think he could get a win or 2 this year. What ever the out come it's going to be another great year of racing on the roads.
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Not a MD fan personally, but I do admire his talent, exciting riding style (lol) and respect him as a racer and would never wish an off on anyone.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

rocket wrote:Would not wish a big off on anyone I don't think any of us realise what they put them selves through to race at that level on the road...
Please don't think I'm wanting him to have an off, the exact opposite in fact!

It's just every year I dread hearing his name called out as a death. Brilliant riding, nail biting stuff but a bit too excessive IMO
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

I don't think Hutchy will be racing this year from the reports i have read.
Blade

Post by Blade »

I don't think so either and dam shame.

MD could have a clean sweep this year
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Post by rocket »

If that's the case I think Honda have made a massive mistake letting McGinnis go. If you watch the 44 teeth interview sounds like they were pushing him for a answer about riding while he was high on tramadol
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

Blade wrote:I don't think so either and dam shame.

MD could have a clean sweep this year
I don't think he'll take the supersport , he's riding the Honda CBR600RR and I dont think that its as good a bike as the Yamaha R6 or the Kawasaki ZX6R my prediction is Hickman on the Trooper ZX6R for the win in that class , I believe that MD has also entered the lightweight class this year so if he does win them all that will be a record 6 wins , the only way you could better that would be to take part and win in the sidecar races too .
Blade

Post by Blade »

Has he got an electric ride ?
nsr500
Your Bike: Yamaha MT10........

Post by nsr500 »

No Electric bike, 3 mugens already with riders this year so unless he wants to finish 4th there doesn't seem any point as it looks like a podium lockout for Mugen!
Met Michael last year in a pub just after his win, the whole pub stood and applauded and he looked sheepish, so the hard man exterior is there but he felt genuinely embarrassed being applauded, he was more than happy to shake hands and have pics taken. A couple of wins could be on this year, but yes, Hicky could be a real danger this year, Dan Kneen could podium too.
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

Blade wrote:Has he got an electric ride ?
forgot about those