Pitty Patter - our racing blog 2014

Professional and amateur racing chat and results WARNING - MAY CONTAIN RACE RESULTS
Moonie
Your Bike: Morpheus the 675

Re: Pitty Patter - our racing blog 2014

Post by Moonie »

StMarks wrote:Sounds like a great time again Moonie. Any trackside photographers get a shot of you flying round on your skates mate.? :)
I've no idea lol, in all of that report, all you want is the photo of me on skates lol why do I bother (facepalm) :D

However, we did come up with a cunning plan for making sure the boys spotted the pit board... (angel) (giggle) (makeup) :P (no one said we had to be a grown up race team lol)
image.jpg
Sorry I missed church, I was busy practicing witchcraft!
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Nice one. Nige must be chuffed to make massive improvements like that.

Paul is doing incredibly well.

Top stuff all round (party)
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

Last night I typed out a fair old blog myself about the weekend's activities.
Then I thumbed the wrong button on my phone and lost the frickin lot! So I'm going to try again...

I hadn't seen Moonie or Pitty for nearly a year, yet as soon as they saw me I was greeted with smiles, hugs and the legendary PCV hospitality. Drinks, snacks and treats all available to be pilfered by me, so of course it would be rude not to!

It was like meeting up with old friends.

No. Scratch that. It WAS meeting up with old friends.

New for this year was the pit board, as Moonie had already mentioned. I was asked if I could help out with it. Now, I may have pooped my pants a little, as making sure all the info is right is quite important, but inside I was jumping up and down like an excited schoolboy. I jumped at the chance.
And when Pitty crossed the line having made ANOTHER PB, and when Paul crossed the line doing his little happy dance after gapping his nearest rival by 10 seconds, I was fist pumping like a Moto GP pit crew pro!!!

To me, there was a big change in Pitty this year, he seemed (to me at least) much happier, more confident and more relaxed. Presumably as a result of things clicking into place that bit more, the experience of the previous season coming into use, the knowledge, the confidence and as was startlingly obvious, the constantly tumbling lap times.
If he keeps making progress in this manner, I reckon we could see a top 10 finish before too long.

Paul was on fire this weekend.
Literally.
As is natural for members of the Armed Forces/human population, I took the piss out of him for sporting a thick hoody all the time to hide his gingerism whilst me and Moonie were lapping up the glorious sunshine.

Then karma made an appearance when I got home and saw the bright red colour of my bonce!

I had an awesome day. People use that word far too often these days, as I feel it doesn't quite describe the sheer brilliance of the day.

A good rideout.

To a racetrack.

With some wonderful people.

And free food.

And perhaps a new Land speed record at between Snetterton and my home!

Here's hoping for some more meets like that for Team PCV, and here's hoping I'll be able to get to some more of them this year.
Last edited by Itchy on 07 May 2014, 09:33, edited 1 time in total.
Bratty
Your Bike: Honda CB1000r

Post by Bratty »

Great write up mate,
I get knocked down but i get up again.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Great write up Di as always. I really enjoy this thread thanks for blogging your activities.

Wooooooooowwwwww well done Nige. Beating your pb by 5 seconds is hugely impressive you must be really chuffed and rightly so.

Unfortunately I don't know Paul but also a huge congratulations. 3 out of 4 wins and gapping the opposition by 10 seconds is doing it Marquez style.

Really hope to get to a round soon and so would my two sons who after a weekend at Oulton Park BSB are now hardcore race fans, especially my youngest who eats, sleeps and breaths racing. Apparently he is now called Josh Brooke's which he points out to me at every opportunity, haha lol.
Moonie

Post by Moonie »

12/5/14: Hey Gang, thanks for the comments and for taking the trouble to read my ramblings! And Itchy, that's such a nice post, and you should know, we were just as chuffed to see you after such a long time! Pitty's race report is now posted...fill ya boots! xx
Stew
Your Bike: GPZ900R and Z650 B3

Post by Stew »

Good write up, youre missing the next race I believe so Oulton Park is the next race in June, looking forward to that one :)
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I'm going to try and get to Oulton.
Stew
Your Bike: GPZ900R and Z650 B3

Post by Stew »

Looking forward to this one, I havent had a lot of spare time this year with one thing or another and was really looking forward to Doni last month but I wont be missing this one, just hope I can lose enough weight to get into me Pittty's T shirt ;)
Pitty
Your Bike: Honda Fireblade (Road) & Triumph Daytona 675 (Race)

Post by Pitty »

It'll be ace to see you all at Oulton, its only a Friday (testing) and Saturday (racing) event so always a bit hectic, add that to it being a birthday celebration weekend so there will be extra cake (^)

Oulton is a big challenge to race, as I discovered last year, but Im a vastly different rider to what I was this time last year, so bring it on (rock)
Blade

Post by Blade »

Pitty wrote:
Spudda wrote:
Pitty wrote: towards the 6 hour endurance event in June (sweat)
Is that the Donny one 28th / 29th June ??
It sure is mate, racing as part of the SureCloud Racing Team for this one http://www.surecloudracing.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; 8)
I would like to bring my two sons to watch this. Are you there on the Sunday Nige & Di ? as Saturday is kids swimming and football in the Blade house hold.
fawbish
Your Bike: G2 ZX6R, K6 GSXR1000

Post by fawbish »

Great to read all the updates guys, was fantastic to see you at Donington. Hated reading about Snett as we wanted to be there!!

Here's hoping MLR can get the ZX6 back up and running again for Oulton, and prior to that, an Aintree round. 8-|

Nath
Moonie

Post by Moonie »

Blade wrote: I would like to bring my two sons to watch this. Are you there on the Sunday Nige & Di ? as Saturday is kids swimming and football in the Blade house hold.
Doni is a mystery right now...I'll find out the full deal and let you know!! We thought it was just Saturday but now we aren't so sure :S be ace to see you...I'll post up soon (nod) x
Blade

Post by Blade »

Moonie wrote:
Blade wrote: I would like to bring my two sons to watch this. Are you there on the Sunday Nige & Di ? as Saturday is kids swimming and football in the Blade house hold.
Doni is a mystery right now...I'll find out the full deal and let you know!! We thought it was just Saturday but now we aren't so sure :S be ace to see you...I'll post up soon (nod) x
Thanks Di, will be great to see you and Nige too. Please keep me informed if its not too much to ask or too cheeky ;)
Moonie

Post by Moonie »

Blade, it's not cheeky at all, as soon as I've clarified, I'll post up (nod)
Moonie

Post by Moonie »

20/5/14: So you lot, those who know us will also know it's the time of year when we take a break from work, decals and our own racing, and head off for a couple of weeks of R&R at the TT...that's Riding and Racing btw ;) We've got a few of our stickers out there again this year, and we'll be following our good friend The Ram, in his 3rd year of competing. We will be staying at our regular home-from-home in Ramsey, enjoying superb hospitality from Goose & Ange. Much Manx Ale will be consumed, as well as cake, queenies & kippers, maybe not all at once though lol (puke) Just can't wait, we are both ready for the break, and looking forward to getting out on the bikes around that beautiful island. There's a Simon Andrews tribute lap which we're taking part in on Mad Sunday, and I've already mentioned in a previous post that I'll be entering Morph at Ramsey Sprint on 3rd June. I'll report back on here, and post up some photos of the shenanigans but I'll refrain from giving away the race results so you can watch the ITV4 coverage and enjoy. We will be watching the Senior from Creg grandstand...never watched a race from there before, only practice, so very excited indeedydoodah!!! (rock)
Stay safe kids, and see you after TT (hi)

Bikes are washed & polished, 3 sleeps...that is all 8)

Love Pitty & Moonie :*
image.jpg
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Have a fab time guys, send my best to everyone :)
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Say hello to the Ingrams from me and Mrs K and give Goose a big hug from me. I miss his keen sense of humour.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Have fun and stay safe guys (y) Say hello to Goose for me (hi)

Just watched a youtube documentary featuring the RAM which was very good.

Link here if anyone is interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8J6s7qSUbY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bratty
Your Bike: Honda CB1000r

Post by Bratty »

Have a great time guys.
I get knocked down but i get up again.