Pitty Patter - our racing blog 2014

Professional and amateur racing chat and results WARNING - MAY CONTAIN RACE RESULTS
Pitty
Your Bike: Honda Fireblade (Road) & Triumph Daytona 675 (Race)

Re: Pitty Patter - our racing blog 2014

Post by Pitty »

16/4/14

Well, that was a weekend we won't forget, we've never experienced an atmosphere like that in the Paddock, and don't ever want to again. Our thoughts, and TOTAL respect goes out to Jade, who showed more bravery than any rider by not only returning to the Paddock on Sunday but taking part as you've already seen, in the Tribute lap. ;(

Back at home, the Pittys work is relentless, with graphics still being sent even today for BSB this weekend (wasntme) We were paid a big compliment during the weekend when a rider asked me "How many bikes do you actually sponsor here? Because I've seen your name on loads!" When I replied that I only sponsor 2 Thundersport Riders and 1 TT rider he was amazed, everyone else displaying a Pittys logo does so by choice, we're very proud of that 8)

So, the order of the week is to try to clear down the outstanding work here and get some much needed rest time over the BH weekend.

The Bike performed faultlessly all weekend, so needs very little other than a thorough check over, maybe some new brake pads, and definitely another new rear tyre (wasntme)

I felt that I managed to make yet more improvements over the weekend in my riding, with some more aggressive riding than I've managed before, taking up on advice from the sidelines.

So, it's onwards and upwards to Snetterton in just a few weeks time and start to build up my training towards the 6 hour endurance event in June (sweat)
Spudda
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650 aka 'Doris'

Post by Spudda »

Pitty wrote: towards the 6 hour endurance event in June (sweat)
Is that the Donny one 28th / 29th June ??
It's Nice To Be Important BUT Its Important To Be Nice ©
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Nice little write up, you forgot a major part, which is your hospitality.... Bettered by none :) enjoy the break, re charge and clear the heads for the next round :)
Pitty

Post by Pitty »

Spudda wrote:
It sure is mate, racing as part of the SureCloud Racing Team for this one http://www.surecloudracing.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; 8)
Pitty

Post by Pitty »

Frankie wrote:Nice little write up, you forgot a major part, which is your hospitality.... Bettered by none :) enjoy the break, re charge and clear the heads for the next round :)
Cheers Frankie (handshake) You know that all slappers are always welcome at our awning .... that doesn't sound quite right does it (lol)
Spudda

Post by Spudda »

Pitty wrote:
Spudda wrote:
It sure is mate, racing as part of the SureCloud Racing Team for this one http://www.surecloudracing.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; 8)
Nice one (y)

I had visions of you and Paul having 2 hours racing and 2 hours kip |-)

I'll / We'll be there supporting (clap)
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Just been catching up and what tragic news.

Respect to Jade and all friends and family of Ian & Jade. I cannot imagine more pain or loss but very glad the whole paddock and widered biking community did all they could to support Jade.

Good write up Di and glad the business is going well. You are obviously reaping the fruits of all your hard labour.
Moonie
Your Bike: Morpheus the 675

Post by Moonie »

25/4/14: 1, 2, 3 and back in the room! Thanks for all the great feedback Gang, both on here and on Pitty's race report. It's been a busy few weeks, with graphics orders still coming out of our ears and a load more sets to do for the Tristar R&G Triple Challenge, as the TTC is now known...not a name that exactly rolls off the tongue lol I think they had a 'smashing' weekend judging by the size of the order!!!
Next round is Snett, situated in a Norwichy direction, roughly 4.5 light years from Bury, and there's a few tweekings to be done beforehand. The bike will be getting a thorough checking over, standard practice between races, and a change of gearing to suit the track. We're pleased with the way the bike is performing, so there's little to change...as they say, if it ain't broke don't fix it!
Pitty has increased his fitness regime with the June Endurance race in prospect; it follows on the weekend after the Oulton round of Thundersport and he's increasing cardio to suit the longer sessions required at Doni.
On a personal note, and not that I've been counting for the last 334 days, but we will be back on the Island this time in 4 weeks for our annual pilgrimage to TT. Have to say, I can't bloomin wait, and for a change, we are not on the stupid o'clock ferry out of Heysham, but managed to get a daytime sailing from Liverpool on Manannan. Can't wait to be back with Goose and Ange, for the usual high-octane shenanigans...I'll be sprinting Morph again I should think, but one of the first things we will do once we've unpacked is jog on down to the Steam Racket office and book for 2015!!!
Over and out for now :*
image.jpg
Sorry I missed church, I was busy practicing witchcraft!
Spudda

Post by Spudda »

Moonie wrote: Next round is Snett, situated in a Norwichy direction, roughly 4.5 light years from Bury, and there's a few tweekings to be done beforehand.
Something Ive been meaning to ask, why dont Thundersport include Silverstone in their calender ??
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

Spudda wrote: Something Ive been meaning to ask, why dont Thundersport include Silverstone in their calender ??

£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

And i suspect Silverstone always has something on too.
Moonie

Post by Moonie »

29/4/14: Bit of an announcement tonight, Team PCV have been asked to appear on the Triumph Motorcycle Owners Club stand with the race bike, at this year's Triumph Live! We are delighted and excited, and will be meeting and greeting on the stand alongside the club. It never ceases to amaze me where our racing is taking us. It's one hell of a journey, but the people and places along the way are what makes it all so special (nod)
duke63

Post by duke63 »

I saw the TOMCC branding the other day.

All sounds like a great adventure.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

That's fantastic news. I'm chuffed for you both.

When and where?
duke63

Post by duke63 »

http://www.triumph-live.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Moonie wrote:29/4/14: Bit of an announcement tonight, Team PCV have been asked to appear on the Triumph Motorcycle Owners Club stand with the race bike, at this year's Triumph Live! We are delighted and excited, and will be meeting and greeting on the stand alongside the club. It never ceases to amaze me where our racing is taking us. It's one hell of a journey, but the people and places along the way are what makes it all so special (nod)
Sorry, but slow, I've only just seen this.

Fantastic news guys, might see if I can blag a pass out and pop along.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Moonie

Post by Moonie »

6/5/14: Snetterton...we came, we saw and we had a bloody good do at it. Excuse me if this post is brief, but I'm leaving the race reports to the racers!! We set up camp in exactly the same spot as last year thanks to Paul bagging us a good space. He was waiting for us when we arrived after the 5 hour trek, and we pitched our awning, while our little 'pop-up village' began to take shape around the paddock. It's such a fab feeling as 'the family' arrives, our regular get together for high jinx and racing! Pitty had a point to prove, and he did just that, finishing top 20 in all 4 races, and smashing his PB by 5 seconds. Paul was on fire, and won 3 of his 4 races, taking 2nd by a gnats whisker in one race, pipped by his arch-rival, Ryan Strafford (booo hisss!!) The weather was amazing, and the banter always very playful. It's a shame the place is so far from anywhere, as it's a really nice place to spectate, and the pit wall affords cracking views of the guys giving it flat chat. Possibly one of the most touching moments of the weekend was on Monday. Paul's lovely lady, Steph, was a grid girl and it was arranged so that she would be Paul's brolly girl on the grid for his races. It was filmed so look out for it on the coverage. It was a lovely moment! I must also say a mahoosive thanks to Itchy for coming to support us and for being a very spirited crew mate...we started running pit boards for the boys, and after some coaching from both Paul & Nige, I think we managed not to screw it up too badly lol Had a laugh doing it, but it also made everything very exciting and a bit frenetic, running backwards and forwards to the timing screens to work out the gaps! As an aside, I got a trackside view of the place, taking to my roller skates and flying round in about 15 minutes...yeah, beat that you racers!!! So, I'll post a few of my phone shots to give you a flavour, but safe to say, the team was all safely gathered in, and that certainly for me, is the best result...
Attachments
image.jpg
Moonie

Post by Moonie »

image.jpg
image.jpg
Attachments
image.jpg
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Sounds like a great time again Moonie. Any trackside photographers get a shot of you flying round on your skates mate.? :)
Moonie

Post by Moonie »

image.jpg
Attachments
image.jpg