What do you call a pack of pushbikes!

Biking related photos and videos (keep it safe for work)
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

What do you call a pack of pushbikes!

Post by Frankie »

Yesterday the camera filmed this, you make your own mind up to this being acceptable....This is not a rare occurrence, but this time I have spent the time to post it, possibly just to get off my chest.....
As you can see travelling at next to no mile an hour for ages, then on a junction which is always busy, the bunch then continue to obstruct with no care for anyone around....
Maybe I am just getting my pants in a bunch for no reason, but it really gets on my nerves the lack of road awareness & safety and arrogance that seems to be the norm every bloody weekend! No doubt I will get shot down by someone.... but as I say (facepalm) (swear) its just winding me up (gah)
[video]https://youtu.be/58v_CG0gid4[/video]
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Re: What do you call a pack of pushbikes!

Post by kiwikrasher »

Frankie, I did a lot of road and mountain bike riding in my younger years and I too would get wound up by that. Even the two abreast pisses me off. If ever riding with others in NZ we would never be more than two abreast and if traffic came up on us we instantly dropped to single file and usually had a road verge available so didn’t impinge on the lane at all. That was the culture and attitude of cyclists back then in NZ and there was never any angst against cyclists in the media.

Move to Aussie and due to similarly arrogant attitudes of cyclists here I was instantly the enemy even though all my riding was solo and went out of my way to not be obstructionary. I had beer cans thrown at me, car doors opened on me while the car was underway and knocked off twice in a year (knocked off once in NZ in 15 yrs of riding)

So if you’re copping similar behaviour as shown in that video on a regular basis I’m not surprised you are getting pissed off. Completely valid.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

I can be tolerant, but this is every weekend and this was just taking the P.... I have deleted the sound on this one for good reason...
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Too many of them put what they're entitled to do ahead of what's the right thing to do.
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

Kwacky wrote:Too many of them put what they're entitled to do ahead of what's the right thing to do.
Agreed, this below I have uplifted out of the highway code, there is obviously lots more rules, but these caught my eye.

Rule 66
You should

keep both hands on the handlebars except when signalling or changing gear
keep both feet on the pedals
never ride more than two abreast, and ride in single file on narrow or busy roads and when riding round bends
not ride close behind another vehicle
not carry anything which will affect your balance or may get tangled up with your wheels or chain
be considerate of other road users, particularly blind and partially sighted pedestrians. Let them know you are there when necessary, for example, by ringing your bell if you have one. It is recommended that a bell be fitted.
Rule 67
You should

look all around before moving away from the kerb, turning or manoeuvring, to make sure it is safe to do so. Give a clear signal to show other road users what you intend to do (see ‘Signals to other road users’)
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

I didn't think it was that big a deal. One tractor would have been just as bad if not worse. And to be fair they did come to a stop after they made the right turn. If they were strung out in single file that turn would have become a choke point.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

D41 wrote:I didn't think it was that big a deal. One tractor would have been just as bad if not worse. And to be fair they did come to a stop after they made the right turn. If they were strung out in single file that turn would have become a choke point.
Lycra sympathiser!!! (mooning)

:D
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

A group of cyclists = an affliction of cyclists. Especially the ones who refuse to use cycle lanes where they are provided, prefering to pull into the road without looking and shout at drivers for being there.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

When I'm on my bicycle I make good progress, but am mindful that in doing so I do not inconvenience others.
As a driver I treat bicyclists with the same level of courtesy & consideration that I do other road users. However it seems that is not enough for some cyclists.
IMHO there seems to be a growing percentage that do not feel they should be treated "the same"; rather they seem to feel that they are "entitled" to be ignorant twunts with priority over everyone "just because......." ?
Cyclists (well the Mamils anyway) seem to believe that they are perfectly entitled to do whatever they want & entirely justified in flouting the highway code whenever they want.
Fwiw I firmly believe that they should be accorded the same respect as all other road users. However I do not think that they should have the special privileges that they presume.
For example, I live on a country lane that is around 5 miles long and only one narrow single lane wide. There are clearly marked passing places strategically placed along it so that vehicles travelling in opposite directions are able to safely pass one another. The default rule is that the vehicle that would arrive first, pulls off into the passing place and allows the other one past. There are also wide verges that agricultural machinery often pull on to to enable cars to pass them rather than be stuck behind slow moving traffic.
I use my bike frequently, and when there are cars approaching I either ride on the edge so that they can pass, or move off onto the verge (or passing place, if available).
Not so the Mamils.
If they are travelling in the same direction as you, they will sit in the middle of the road & you are going to be suck there until you reach a more major road. They NEVER pull into a passing place to let you pass.
If they are travelling in the opposite direction they will ride straight past the passing places (in the middle of the road), and expect you to pull off the road & onto the verge to let them pass. If you "hold your nerve" & continue towards them it's waved fists & expletives from their furious little red faces. Trying to discuss their conduct and ethics in those instances is ill advised, the term "Roid-Rage" springs to mind.
D41

Post by D41 »

kiwikrasher wrote:
D41 wrote:I didn't think it was that big a deal. One tractor would have been just as bad if not worse. And to be fair they did come to a stop after they made the right turn. If they were strung out in single file that turn would have become a choke point.

I am, I admit it. But to be fair I also tend to steer clear of the cycling-clubs & whatnot as there's always to be a wide range of "talent" in those groups. Cycling is something I enjoy doing by myself...I don't mind a few friends along, but generally the solitude is half the appeal.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

D41 wrote:
kiwikrasher wrote:

I am, I admit it. But to be fair I also tend to steer clear of the cycling-clubs & whatnot as there's always to be a wide range of "talent" in those groups. Cycling is something I enjoy doing by myself...I don't mind a few friends along, but generally the solitude is half the appeal.
I was pretty much the same. I did a ride with a cycle club once with a view to join up and didn’t like the attitude of the majority of them.
D41

Post by D41 »

Yeah....I didn't like the club-type thing. I did a season racing for Specialized and one for Supergo....'97-'98, I think .....it's fun getting free gear & bikes but the commitment took the fun out of it. And it was only a half-dozen races.
I'm glad I did it, but I was also glad when it was over......it's not the racing, was all the other BS that goes with it.
Monty
Your Bike: 2010 ZX6R

Post by Monty »

I can forgive anyone that lives in the south east for detesting cyclists. Or Cnutagists as I used to call them when I lived there.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

I don't detest cyclists, when I have been out on my MB on the road, I am mindful the traffic around me....and if they are riding the same I give them time and space, its just these groups who turn into something less pleasant!
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Utter turds!

Back roads of Windsor, they are defo popular with cyclists and all turds!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Rossgo wrote:Utter turds!

Got to watch that stereotyping Rossgo, there’s s few of us on here that are current or ex cyclists and while I agree with you that there is a faction of cyclists that are indeed turds, it doesn’t make all cyclists turds.

Just like us motorised bikers don’t like been told because we ride and wear leather we must all be lawless gang members.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Meanwhile in Australia....
38E9F625-04CA-4534-B62F-2E2D08D2F9CE.jpeg
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

kiwikrasher wrote:
Rossgo wrote:Utter turds!

Got to watch that stereotyping Rossgo, there’s s few of us on here that are current or ex cyclists and while I agree with you that there is a faction of cyclists that are indeed turds, it doesn’t make all cyclists turds.

Just like us motorised bikers don’t like been told because we ride and wear leather we must all be lawless gang members.
I dont mean all of you guys lol.