Triumph Visitor Centre and Tour

Biking related photos and videos (keep it safe for work)
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Triumph Visitor Centre and Tour

Post by Kwacky »

Thanks to D6 for the invite. I got photos of the visitor centre but you're not allowed to take photos inside the factory. That said, Triumph did a really good job in making sure you couldn't see anything you're not supposed to.

Or did they?

At the end of the factory tour is the rolling road and the collection area for bikes to be crated up. I had a good look but couldn't see anything new. As I'm stood there chatting I notice a couple of bikes, not quite complete but in transport crates. One's a Tiger Explorer and the other is a Speed Triple S.

Hang on a second, I was told that Triumph had stopped making the 1050 S.

On closer inspection there's a flat screen, like the one you see on the 765 street. And the wheels are different. There are some subtle little changes as well.

So will Triumph follow in the footsteps of the 765 and give us an S, R and RS model or will they do what they did previously and give us the S and the R? I hope we see a fully blinged up 1050 with carbon bits and big arrow cans with a full power option or track option mode. One thing they must have done is improve the power otherwise you're too close to the 765. I've seen tuned 1050 lumps showing over 160bhp so it can't be too difficult for Triumph to produce a 150bhp reliable engine that's going to keep it apart from its little brother.

Anyway, the visitor centre is pretty decent and it's great to see the factory. We finished off with a go on the Isle of Man TT simulator.

Here's some photos:-

Kwacky

Re: Triumph Visitor Centre and Tour

Post by Kwacky »

They had an internal competition for painted tanks. A combination of the lighting, my crap camera skills and using the phone camera means the shots are sharp enough to show off the detail, but you get the ideal.

D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

Glad you enjoyed it. It was nice to finally be able to show off where i work. Im so pleased triumph have built the visitor centre. It gives a destination for bikers and triumph fans to go for a nosey. And a shop and cafe helps too.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

My post on the Triumph facebook page has stirred a lot of interest with a few people talking about going now they've seen the photos. Let's hope it takes off.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Looks like a great visit, if I ever get over to your cold wet island it’s definitely be on the to do list.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Cracking pics looks like a proper good day out

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk