What did we learn?

Biking related photos and videos (keep it safe for work)
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

What did we learn?

Post by Kwacky »

[video]https://www.facebook.com/dorsetpolice/v ... 737080990/[/video]

A group of motorcyclists has been sentenced following a horrific collision on a busy dual carriageway near Dorchester which seriously injured three people – leaving two with life-changing injuries.

Adam Wilde, 29 and of Carnation Road, Swaythling in Southampton, was sentenced at Bournemouth Crown Court today, Friday 12 May 2017, after pleading guilty at the same court on Monday 3 April 2017 to two counts of causing serious injury by dangerous driving.

He was handed a jail term of three and a half years for each offence to run concurrently and following that he will be banned from driving for five years with a requirement to take an extended retest.

The court heard that at 11.15am on Saturday 7 May 2016 Wilde was among a group of seven motorbikes and nine people who had gathered at McDonalds at West Quay in Southampton for a ride-out to Weymouth.

The court heard that the group left Southampton and made their way to Dorset. They stopped briefly on a layby off the A31 opposite The Coventry Arms before riding off again on the A31 toward Weymouth.

Wilde rode a 1300cc Suzuki Hayabusa bike and was carrying a 16-year-old teenage girl from Southampton as a pillion passenger.

Another member of the group, Daniel Lincoln who is 21 years old and of Caerperis View in Fareham, rode a Kawasaki Z300cc and was also carrying a pillion passenger. He wore a chest-mounted camera that captured the ride-out and the aftermath of the collision.

The camera footage later recovered by officers was played to the court and showed a catalogue of dangerous driving manoeuvres. Dorset Police has today, Friday 12 May 2017, released this footage to highlight the dangerous riding.

Wilde, Lincoln and Nima Biniaz – a 19-year-old man from Hulls Road in Southampton who rode a Yamaha NR250 – were seen overtaking vehicles ignoring solid white lines.

Near to Stag Gate on the A31 Adam Wilde and Biniaz pulled wheelies and were clocked travelling at speed in a 40mph zone.

During a brief stop at a petrol station Wilde could be heard saying he had reached speeds of 140-150mph. The 16-year-old girl was heard to say: “Don’t encourage him. I'll die.”

The court was told that the group left the petrol station and the trio were caught travelling along the A31 at 70mph in a 40mph zone and pulling wheelies.

As they moved onto the A35 Puddletown bypass, witnesses said they saw Biniaz pull more wheelies and overtake vehicles at speed. Adam Wilde was heard on camera say “175 in fifth gear and still more to go”.

Biniaz, Wilde, Lincoln and Ellis Caplen – who rode a Yamaha R6, is 21 and of Mousehole Lane in Southampton – pulled over into a layby on the A35 as the three other bikes continued. The four were seen by witnesses to ride away from the layby at speed with some pulling wheelies.

The three other motorcyclists in the group – riding an Aprilla 125cc, Yamaha MT1125cc and a Yamaha R125 – gave statements to officers about the manner of riding, the collision and the injuries sustained.

Adam Wilde’s bike was seen travelling in excess of 100mph before he collided with the rear of one of the smaller motorbikes which in turn collided with a third bike.

The teenage girl travelling on Adam Wilde’s bike sustained catastrophic life-changing injuries, including two bleeds on the brain, severe damage to both of her arms, which she is still unable to use, and a large open wound on her abdomen which required major skin graft surgery.

One of the motorcycle riders suffered a broken right arm and leg and another broke his right hand.

Adam Wilde suffered a broken shoulder blade, injuries to his hand and foot and severe grazing.

Other members of the group were also sentenced today in connection with the collision after pleading guilty to offences last year.

Daniel Lincoln was handed a 12-month prison sentence suspended for 18 months, and ordered to carry out 150 hours of unpaid work for dangerous driving and committing an act likely to pervert the course of justice. He has been banned from driving for 18 months with a requirement to take an extended retest and given a curfew order for six months.

Nima Biniaz was handed an eight-month prison sentence suspended for 15 months, and ordered to carry out 150 hours of unpaid work for dangerous driving and driving otherwise in accordance with licence. He has been banned from driving for two years with a requirement to take an extended retest and given a curfew order for four months.

Ellis Caplen was banned for driving for 12 months from 10 October 2016 after pleading guilty at Weymouth Magistrates’ Court to driving otherwise in accordance with licence, no insurance and riding with fraudulent VRM plate. He was also ordered to pay a £120 fine, £40 court costs and a £30 victim surcharge.

Christopher Wilde, 28 and of MIllbrook Road in Southampton, was charged with driving document offences and was given six penalty points on his driving licence and ordered to pay a £100 fine, £50 court costs and £30 victim surcharge.

Senior Investigating Officer Police Sergeant Joe Pardey, of the traffic unit, said: “The actions by those involved in this case were nothing short of mindless and irresponsible. They showed a total disregard for the safety of themselves and other people using the road at that time.

Their behaviour prior to the collision demonstrated that they believed that they were in some way clever and impressive, but the subsequent destruction they caused has changed lives forever with some of the injured suffering life-changing injuries that they may never recover from.

“It is without doubt one of the worst examples of dangerous riding that I have seen.

“I hope that the sentences given by the courts today send out a clear message that this sort of riding or driving behaviour will not be tolerated on any road, in Dorset or elsewhere.

“I would like to praise the officers involved in this complex investigation for their hard work in ensuring that Adam Wilde and others were brought to justice. The work carried out by Dorset Police during this investigation was commended by the judge. I would also like to thank those witnesses who assisted at the scene and provided vital evidence in the case.

“We are committed to making our roads safer and will take action against those who commit offences on them."
Jack
Your Bike:

Re: What did we learn?

Post by Jack »

1 don't ride like a dick
2 don't film yourself and your mates riding like dicks
3 don't exceed your talent/skill trying to impress teenage girls and/or your mates
4 ATGATT
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Jack has it spot on.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

That bike ownership does not equate to road ownership.
Monty
Your Bike: 2010 ZX6R

Post by Monty »

IMG_2685.JPG
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

Yamaha MT1125??? Sounds rapid!
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Out of that whole article i want to know why a 29 year old man was doing with a teenager? If I was the dad of that teenager the man wouldn't be worried about the sentencing he wouldn't of been able to make an appearance at the courts

Also if he's in prison for 7 years why isn't his driving ban more like 10 years so that when he comes out he won't be able to drive for a few years legally. I realise he prob won't want to drive but neverthless.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

Thats less of an age difference than there was between Charles an Di , nobody said a word about that , also she was 16 so its legally her choice , not condoning anything , just making an observation .
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

That's actually made me pretty upset that statement and I realise you are just saying what's correct but I can't get my head around it feelings wise. Someone's teenager got badly hurt by a man that's almost twice her age because of him. Don't quite no how else to respond to this thread.

Monty
Your Bike: 2010 ZX6R

Post by Monty »

My wife was 17 when I met her, I was 24. Now in my mid forties and can hearty recommend it (lol)
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Him A man

"Adam Wilde suffered a broken shoulder blade, injuries to his hand and foot and severe grazing."

Her A girl

"The teenage girl travelling on Adam Wilde’s bike sustained catastrophic life-changing injuries, including two bleeds on the brain, severe damage to both of her arms, which she is still unable to use, and a large open wound on her abdomen which required major skin graft surgery"

This is what I'm upset about. How dare he think he can pull these stunts with a pillion. Hope he gets hammered hard in prison by some big men who haven't had it for years and years.

duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Monty wrote:My wife was 17 when I met her, I was 24. Now in my mid forties and can hearty recommend it (lol)
Sugar daddy.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Rossgo wrote:Out of that whole article i want to know why a 29 year old man was doing with a teenager? If I was the dad of that teenager the man wouldn't be worried about the sentencing he wouldn't of been able to make an appearance at the courts

Also if he's in prison for 7 years why isn't his driving ban more like 10 years so that when he comes out he won't be able to drive for a few years legally. I realise he prob won't want to drive but neverthless.

His sentence will end up being appealed, reduced, he'll get time off for good behaviour, etc.
His ban may well not begin until after his release, but either way he won't be driving for a very long time.
The legal system works incredibly well...there'll undoubtedly be 'nuances' to the case that don't transcribe well in an article...or are omitted entirely. I'm sure the judge took these things into account during sentencing.
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Monty wrote:My wife was 17 when I met her, I was 24. Now in my mid forties and can hearty recommend it (lol)
Same here Monty, she was 18 and I was 32, I'm still a very happy chap. 8)

Back on topic, What did we learn? That no matter how many Christmas toy runs, charity bike runs, etc etc we do on bikes,we will always be viewed by the public at large as a danger to be controlled. Those c**ts make me ashamed to be a biker.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Deegee wrote:
Same here Monty, she was 18 and I was 32, I'm still a very happy chap. 8)

Back on topic, What did we learn? That no matter how many Christmas toy runs, charity bike runs, etc etc we do on bikes,we will always be viewed by the public at large as a danger to be controlled. Those c**ts make me ashamed to be a biker.
That was well put Deegee. Didn't even see it like that but that was summed up very well