Saturday 24th May - Buxton/Derbyshire etc

Rideouts, Trackdays, Pub meets and other events
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Re: Saturday 24th May - Buxton/Derbyshire etc

Post by Blade »

Bratty wrote:Really sorry to do this again but I'm not gonna be able to get the Saturday off, really pissed off at the moment and loads of shite going on at work so I'm a stuck at work for the whole bank holiday again, that's three fecking bank holidays I've had to work and not happy at all sorry.
Sh1t Dude (n) gutted you can't make it but also its cr@p you have to work a 3rd Bank Holiday weekend I hope there paying you well for it ;)
Blade

Post by Blade »

Blade wrote:Kwacky
Bratty
Monty
Rossgo - weather dependant/ fiance dependant
Itchy
Blade - Got a really good route planned for this if nothing else has already been arranged.
Just to be 100% clear so I'm not messing anyone about, I m up for this if dry and I m not totally wiped out coming of night shift but there is a slim chance I won't come and a definite chance I won't be there if raining which I assume others will be doing anyway.

if I don't come and people wanted to know the route I was planning obviously happy to share. In fact if I can save a route in google maps I will post it up for comment.
Bratty
Your Bike: Honda CB1000r

Post by Bratty »

Blade wrote:
Bratty wrote:Really sorry to do this again but I'm not gonna be able to get the Saturday off, really pissed off at the moment and loads of shite going on at work so I'm a stuck at work for the whole bank holiday again, that's three fecking bank holidays I've had to work and not happy at all sorry.
Sh1t Dude (n) gutted you can't make it but also its cr@p you have to work a 3rd Bank Holiday weekend I hope there paying you well for it ;)
Tbh mate I'm the only one in my team that doesn't have kids or grand kids so I kinda put those people first when I'm sorting rota's out but it would be nice just once for someone else to work it so I can have some sort of life.
I get knocked down but i get up again.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Bratty wrote:
Blade wrote:
Tbh mate I'm the only one in my team that doesn't have kids or grand kids so I kinda put those people first when I'm sorting rota's out but it would be nice just once for someone else to work it so I can have some sort of life.
Sorry to hear this chappy.

Fwiw, I've learnt over many jobs that you can't try and be too popular or a friend to people. Ultimately they will take what you do for granted and your the one to suffer.

Start putting yourself on an even keel with your coworkers and give yourself a weekend off etc. so you haven't got kids? They chose to have kids, so they have to manage that, not you.

Be tougher, makes sense. You've worked hard to be in your position.

I have to say, I don't miss all that crap.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Showers won't put me off. Constant all day rain will.
Monty
Your Bike: 2010 ZX6R

Post by Monty »

Blade wrote:if I don't come and people wanted to know the route I was planning obviously happy to share. In fact if I can save a route in google maps I will post it up for comment.
Any chance you could do that anyway. I'm interested to see if your favourite local roads are the same as my favourites. If you set it up as a collaborative map I can add mine after and then we can share it on here for anyone visiting the peaks.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

I'm keeping my ears and eyes open at how the weather develops throughout the week. It's still early in the wweek so fingers crossed the weather pattern will by pass us :-)
Monty

Post by Monty »

Met office have it down as light rain, but it's pretty much pointless looking until the day before.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2654141" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sorry you can't make it Bratty (n)
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Blade

Post by Blade »

Exactly what Cookie says which is 100% spot on in my experience also.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Monty wrote:
Blade wrote:if I don't come and people wanted to know the route I was planning obviously happy to share. In fact if I can save a route in google maps I will post it up for comment.
Any chance you could do that anyway. I'm interested to see if your favourite local roads are the same as my favourites. If you set it up as a collaborative map I can add mine after and then we can share it on here for anyone visiting the peaks.
Sorry Monty I can't remember my Google logon and unfortunately cannot get a reset at the moment. Here's the route in long text, hope it makes sense.

I was going to take the A6 heading for Bakewell but turn off onto the B6049 after a few miles and take that road through Middleton in the Dale until I get to the T junction with the A623. Then take the A623 to Calver before taking the A625 up Froggats edge. Pick up the A6187 and travel via Hathersage over to Sicklehome Garage where I will turn of and head for ladybower resevoir and then take the Snake pass A57 to Glossop.

At Glossop I was going to tun around and ride back to Calver in reverse as those roads are amazing and feel completely different travelling in reverse. We can then stop in Hathersage at Colemans Deli for some lunch before going via A625 Froggatts edge to Baslow. At Baslow we can take 13 Bends upto the A6 and head for Buxton. Before Buxton I will turn off onto the A5270 and then pick up the A515 into Buxton. From Buxton we could then take A5004 Longhill road to Whaley Bridge, then turn left onto the B5470 and head for Macclesfield. At Mac we take the infamous A537 upto the Cat & Fiddle pub for refreshments before departing our own seperate ways.

What do you think. Basically a big figure of 8 over some great roads with a few good stops for refreshments. Plus I know the roads well and where we need to be extra careful in accident black spots ;)
Monty

Post by Monty »

Blade wrote:
Monty wrote:
Sorry Monty I can't remember my Google logon and unfortunately cannot get a reset at the moment. Here's the route in long text, hope it makes sense.

I was going to take the A6 heading for Bakewell but turn off onto the B6049 after a few miles and take that road through Middleton in the Dale until I get to the T junction with the A623. Then take the A623 to Calver before taking the A625 up Froggats edge. Pick up the A6187 and travel via Hathersage over to Sicklehome Garage where I will turn of and head for ladybower resevoir and then take the Snake pass A57 to Glossop.

At Glossop I was going to tun around and ride back to Calver in reverse as those roads are amazing and feel completely different travelling in reverse. We can then stop in Hathersage at Colemans Deli for some lunch before going via A625 Froggatts edge to Baslow. At Baslow we can take 13 Bends upto the A6 and head for Buxton. Before Buxton I will turn off onto the A5270 and then pick up the A515 into Buxton. From Buxton we could then take A5004 Longhill road to Whaley Bridge, then turn left onto the B5470 and head for Macclesfield. At Mac we take the infamous A537 upto the Cat & Fiddle pub for refreshments before departing our own seperate ways.

What do you think. Basically a big figure of 8 over some great roads with a few good stops for refreshments. Plus I know the roads well and where we need to be extra careful in accident black spots ;)
Yeah that's pretty much what I was going to do (giggle)

Don't bother with google maps, I tried today with mine and it's almost unusable, you can't draw lines that follow roads any more. Just straight lines from point to point which is pretty pointless!

Must say I'm really looking forward to this, weather better be good.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

There is an option to revert to the old Google maps.
Monty

Post by Monty »

Blade wrote:
Monty wrote:

Can we add after A5270 go straight ahead onto B5053 into Longnor and then right turn onto the Leek road (very twisty with a few jumps). And then A53 in to Buxton and onto long Hill. Misses out that boring stretch of the 515, Buxton centre and that last bit of the 53 is pretty special through Flash.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Rossgo, if you're able to make this remind me the day before to look for any engine covers I might have.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Kwacky your a star and thankyou however I have recently got myself some engine protection cases. I haven't fitted them yet just waiting for a time to wash the bike and then fit everything I got! Just taking ages to get around to it now!!
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

Monty wrote:[Can we add after A5270 go straight ahead onto B5053 into Longnor and then right turn onto the Leek road (very twisty with a few jumps). .
That road is brilliant and scarey in equal measure.
Monty

Post by Monty »

D6 wrote:
Monty wrote:[Can we add after A5270 go straight ahead onto B5053 into Longnor and then right turn onto the Leek road (very twisty with a few jumps). .
That road is brilliant and scarey in equal measure.
Your not wrong. I had all 4 wheels off the road in the car the other day and I actually came out of my seat!
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

If work has it their way I will have to pull out of this ride :-(
Really sorry but I may now be working all weekend!

I will find out more as the week progresses but I recogn I'll be at work now on Sat and Sunday. Never have had to work a Sunday in this company...New bosses are they always so s#it?
Monty

Post by Monty »

BAH!
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Me and Monty sitting in a tree... :D

I'm going out regardless. I could do with a decent ride.